Mfw holding 45k LINK, network online in less than

Mfw holding 45k LINK, network online in less than
2 months, about to be alt season and 8.5" in pants. Could life be any better?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/Dapp-Developer-Resources
github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/JSON-RPC
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is definitely all legit op, verified by the dubz I see.

Dubs confirm my friend. Life is comfy right now.

>network online in less than 2 months
Well, the initial test version of the network in Go.
The actual final version hasn't been confirmed yet.
Wonder how illiterate retards expecting the full product will react when they realize this.

I can't tell what you're implying here but Go is pretty good for large scale systems, despite the stupid name and mascot. If testing goes well you might as well consider this a working product.

Initial simplified implementation. So likely to be full contract functionality connected to at least Ethereum minus any sort of user friendly front end. How would a test version even work when you are connecting to a seperate blockchain and adaptors can be built by the open source community?
Yeah, i'm feeling pretty comfy this quarter.

I am in no way trying to diss Go. At all.
Hyperledger Fabric is made to interact with Go, so there's that too.

I'm just saying that it's the "initial release" of the final Go network that we're getting this quarter, not the actual fully-fledged product.

Oh it'll be swell, don't get me wrong.
I'm just wondering how many people out there are mistakenly expecting the completely finished product this quarter.

Yeah you could have 75k and 8.5” like me! You’re still comfy though I’ll give you that.

Yeah some people might be expecting a bit much but it will at least be a functional version of the chainlink network (even if it's the equivalent of opening programs in command prompt compared to windows). Not just a test network like people think. I don't think a test network is possible when connecting to outside blockchains.

We will both make it a few times over.

Alright fellas I got 1.4k link, 8.2k xlm, and 4.5k fun. Is it still possible for me to get to 10k link before the test net is released? Is there a more accurate timeline for testnet than "sometime in the next 2 months"? If I go all in now I think I would have around 9.5k and then I would have to wait two weeks to get paid and try to complete my 10k

Honestly, if you make it with 10k you'll make it with 9.5k. That's why i'm not the least bit stressed about bumping it up to 50k.

Ok but what do I do about my small penis?

Could someone ask Rory the following in the slack and clarify it: Since the initial (mainnet) release is planned in Q1 and Sergey stated that Partnerships would be announced when the mainnet is released, does this mean we get the announcements with the initial or the full release?

With the full release.

With your Link it probably wont be an issue any more.

I still don't understand the point of oracles specially decentralized oracles. You have a one source of data why would having multiple oracles provide the same data that comes from a singe point be better ?
Transaction flow goes like this :
> Smart contract (makes call to oracles for data)
> Oracles makes call to api (NYSE)
> Single point of failure (NYSE) provides data
It seems redundant to have multiple oracles provide the same data.

One oracle could fail or be compromised.

Best pyramid contract

0xa2c4e011EF42a4eb5dC931a88797560BCb83aEfe

New website coming soon. Buy BEFORE everyone else

Yeah you can't do much about the inital source of the data being wrong. However if your contract has specified the NYSE API then the nodes are doing what they are supposed to. Otherwise (and i'm not too sure how it works) but the nodes can form a consensus from multiple sources.

Most entry data points have only one point of origin. So decentralization does not solve this , to me it seems like and extra step that is redundant and will cost a lot of money. Also since there is price competition between nodes it means we will eventually reach centralization since the most profitable node will push the price down until other nodes are no longer financially viable.
I like the memes more for this project than the fundamentals.

Life is good man.
Steady hands hold.
God bless, be good to yourself.

All oracles will fail if the data provider is compromised. What is the point of having extra oracles ?

Alt season won't start for another 3-5 months, but yeah, that's comfy.

Only 7.5" in the pants and a 25k link stack, but between now and alt season I plan on doubling that stack. Comfy as fuck too my man.

Only! Link holders have been blessed.

God bless you to brother.

Correct date is the problem for the API provider, so it shouldn't really matter. The problem is making sure that the nodes themselves have the same date that the API does.
Ofcourse some nodes will be more desirable but due the nature of decentralized network many other nodes are used in conjunction.

Way to miss the point.

If you want external data on the blockchain, you're going to need an oracle.
So how do you do it?
1) make your own
>will work for simple tasks, but not for more complex matters such as pic related where you need a common framework for all parties

2) a centralized oracle service
>will provide a common framework, but makes everyone dependent upon that centralized oracle service, who effectively holds a monopoly which affects price and quality, and forms a single point of failure or attack

3) a decentralized oracle service
>allows you to engage more than one oracle for redundancy, provides common framework, keeps prices in check and quality high through the effects of the free market of nodes, etc.

too* fuck!

Forgot pic to go with point 1)

>If you want external data on the blockchain, you're going to need an oracle.
No you don't why not access the data directly you already know where the data is coming from and the data type it is. Having a middle man is just another point of failure.

The whole idea of oracle is just not that useful if they implement external entry points in the programming language of the smart contract why go trough an oracle network if you still have only one point of failure. Saying one oracle might fail is not a good answer since a failing or malicious data provider would make all oracles to fail.

Why I think CL will ve used even when there is no need for decentralized oracles:
Let's say I need smart contracts with varying degrees of security (on the oracle level).
For the contracts with need of high security I'll use ChainLink.
For the contracts with need of low security I could either use/write my own oracle/another centralized oracle.
But why should I do that, since I already know how to use the CL-Network?

>No you don't why not access the data directly you already know where the data is coming from and the data type it is
Lol.
Either you have no idea what an oracle is, or you don't know the first thing about smart contracts.

> if they implement external entry points in the programming language of the smart contract
You have no idea what you're talking about, oh my god.

> Either you have no idea what an oracle is, or you don't know the first thing about smart contracts.
github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/Dapp-Developer-Resources
Go read it and tell me what JSON RPC API is.
github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/JSON-RPC

>You have no idea what you're talking about, oh my god.
Yes faggot they can make a standard library that anyone can use with solidity. This library will allow you access data that is external to the eth blockchain.

>solidity
>the eth blockchain
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You're only digging your grave deeper, brainlet.

1) Chainlink is going to work with ALL blockchains. The demo for Swift involved Hyperledger Fabric for instance.
Someone just made an IOTA adapter for fuck's sake.

2) with Chainlink, banks etc. don't even have to change their APIs.
Which is more likely, you think: they simply add a middleware to their existing setup to unlock the might of smart contracts, or they transfer all their shit to an ETH library? And that's without even considering the fact that banks will want to use their own blockchain/DLT, not ETH.