TAfag here. Been successfully swing trading for a few months now, making between 10 and 30% a week...

TAfag here. Been successfully swing trading for a few months now, making between 10 and 30% a week. Willing to share my knowledge and answer questions about trading, indicators, trend analysis and TA in general.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M7MOrMppddY
investopedia.com/articles/technical/061801.asp
investopedia.com/terms/r/rsi.asp
investopedia.com/terms/m/macd.asp
investopedia.com/terms/b/bollingerbands.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What are your favorite indicators or set of indicators?

Do you backtest your indicators?

Any recommendations for books or other resources?

of course he doesn't backtest anything.
if he had done that he'd know that he doesn't outperform the market with T.A.

you might as wel flip a fucking coin.

Noob here. Could you describe how you set your stop limits?

What's the next resist line and what's the next support line?

>if he had done that he'd know that he doesn't outperform the market with T.A.
I think that only applies to efficient markets, user.

How high will btc bounce?

buy MCO it's gonna moon this month

Good fucking thread, you stupid canine

I use RSI, MACD and Bollinger Bands. I wait for a moment when the price either breaks the upper or lower band and then go long/short once the RSI drops below 30 or above 70 and close the position once the MACD trend slows down.

I can't really backtest this because I have no rigid rules that I use every time, but if I were to I would do it with Pine. However you can look at the history of 4 hour charts and how consistent my method is. Look for times where the BB is broken and the RSI gets low or high enough, there is ALWAYS a reaction on which you make gains.
That's just plain wrong.
It depends on what times frames you're trading. For example, if you trade small charts like 1m-5m you might set your stoploss at 0.5%, while 5% might be totally fine on 4 hour charts. I don't really use stoplosses myself, but constantly set alarms to keep track of price levels. Don't be scared to exit a bad trade, you don't want to become a bagholder.

Let's say you bought into something at 1k and it suddenly starts dropping hard, it's often worth it to sell at a loss and then to buy the dip further down.
BTCUSD?
I think it will hit 10,5k by tomorrow.
Thanks bro.

>Don't be scared to exit a bad trade, you don't want to become a bagholder.
BYHISELO

Yes BTC USD. As it turns out nothing is near escaping it's influence

8 and 12k, given how big the bounce yesterday was and how it failed to break 12k twice last week. Next small resistance is the middle of the BB, which sits at $9300, once we get past that we are clear to go up to 10k+ again.

Thanks. At what price will BTC start dropping again?

LARP thread? LARP thread

8k again? Was so sure it would be near 7k next time. Thanks

Where is the best place to learn?

>making between 10 and 30% a week.
Good job with your meme lines I made 1200%with common sense

>between 10 and 30%
i make this in a day swing trading, you're a huge faggot who think he can give advices. kys.

How do you predict when something is tanking hard or preparing for a bounce, buy volume? Also, what are your most efficient timeframes? 1m-5m is too jumpy for my taste.

I think it will hit 10,5k by tomorrow. my estimate aswell dead on

you do realize he beats you, right, you dumb faggot?

assume the average, 20%, and assume 4 months. it compounds.

Not necessarily, if you're trading with a fixed amount. Things often get harder with more volume and it's not possible to scale. When they say "I make n% a week" you must suppose they make it with a fixed lot

Are you the German Veeky Forumsbro who explained how to read RSI like a week ago? I remember that thread, that user was doing God's work and you sound like him

Hey man, have you run anyu TA on VEN ? Any short term forcasts?

Hard to say, we'll need to wait for what happens on Monday. My plan is to sell tomorrow and then to wait.
You first.
The wiki of investopedia is pretty good. I suggest just googeling the indicator you want to learn about and then reading stuff. Don't listen too much to youtubers, many of them hype up their advice in order to gain views.
Great if that works out for you, we'll all make it.
If you make that much why are you posting on an Peruvian alpaca grooming board instead of lying in the sun on your own island, while getting sucked off by a top model?
Let's break it down really simple. If you see a price level at which people have bought large amounts of coins recently you know that there are buyers at this level. Now, if the price falls below this level there is an inicial shock and people become irrational and sell their coins for lower than they should, which drops the price lower and lower. So now you're not only in the price range of the people who bought last time, but also in the range of even more buyers and at some time enough buyers will be there to stop the drop and reverse the trend, at which point the first green candles start popping up, which leads to more people buying in = bounce. It's a bit like a rubber band, the more you flex it the harder it snaps back. Also trade 4 hour frames, it's literally the best.
Neat-o.
Ja, der bin ich tatsächlich.
Sorry, I don't trade alts, only BTC and ETH.

>Don't be scared to exit a bad trade
This. A quickly closed losing trade is a winning trade because you stop bleeding money. Don't use your emotions as an indicator though.

what chart interval do you use? 15m?

>10-30% a week

No you didn't lmao, if you had a $1k start you'd be a millionaire in a fucking year

See

me3. we'll be above above 10k tomorrow. I think the price will stay below 12k for a while though since it was really strong support when the price was above this level which should make it strong resistance on the way back up.

it's not just plain wrong. if you actually researched T.A ( yes there are people who did backtest this stuff on years of stockmarket data) you would know than flipping a coin.

4 hours. 15 minutes is not a swing trader timeframe, it's for daytraders and then I would prefer 1 or 5 minutes depending on the market depth of your platform. However I do sometimes drop to lower timeframes in order to buy/sell at the best moments, but that's mostly just about 0,X% differences, all the important decisions are made on the big timeframes.
I'm neither in it for a year, nor did I start with 1k, also it becomes harder and harder to move up due to various reasons. But I think my general positivity and willingness to help you guys out should be an indicator of how satisfied I am with my current position though.

what point did you buy the dip at?

Blrpthsfess

Steuertipps für nen Deutschen Daytrader? Nur theoretische Szenarien natürlich.

Ich hab Verwandte im Ausland.

So, you're saying that the only difference between successful and unsuccessful traders is luck?
At the blue dots, the lower ones are bigger stacks than the upper ones. Didn't expect the drop to be quite this hard, but I'm still up 9% already. Red is my selling point for now.
Sprich mit nem Steuerberater. Ist nicht teuer und du kannst dir sicher sein, dass die Infos korrekt sind.

>years of stock market data
Those are efficient markets. You're drinking the "random walk" koolaid a bit too much

Which RSI and MACD period length do you use?

What platform do you trade on and what are the fees? Do you use any leverage?

Any tips you can give me so I stop getting rekt on bitmex? Like how far away to place my stop losses and how much leverage to use. I dont scalp so i prefer to catch huge tops and bottoms.

what music do you listen to when the prices plummit

Yeah, more or less what I pictured, thanks man. Although 4h seems pretty huge, don't you get bit in the ass when the market dips or X news come out? Do you leave trades open overnight?

I always recommend using the standard setting of the indicators that your platform provides because the indicators are self fulfilling prophecies, the more people use them the better they are. Apparently there are some arguments for using fibonacci numbers but I prefer to go with the herd.
Kraken. I think the starting fee is 0.16%, but it gets lower the more you trade. I do use leverage from time to time, but I really wouldn't suggest it, especially not if you're just starting out. If you buy a coin with your money and it drops really hard you can just hold it until it recovers or trade it against another coin, if you're in a margin trade and it drops really hard your ass will get liquidated.
What timeframes are you trading and how much leverage do you use and risky to you want to get?
I mostly listen to jump up DnB these days. Not sure if you like it, I think most people don't. Here, this is the track I'm listening to right now as I type this.

youtube.com/watch?v=M7MOrMppddY
I trade 4 hour candles specifically because a lot of the white noise vanishes. On smaller timeframes you can get quite a lot of big swings that make decisionmaking harder. And yes, I leave them open over night. I even set up trades well in advance. I logged in my trades for this dip on Sunday. Even made threads about it here. I've gotten really confident in my calls and I think part of that is because I learned to give up some control. There's really no benefit in autistically checking the charts every 5 minutes it just makes you do dumb things.

Do you think the bubble popped and we will see 3k btc in the next few months?

You trade btc and eth? Why both? Do you switch between them? It seems that they would both behave almost exactly the same price wise.

Do you day trade with alts?
I am afraid values can flip upon big news

>Kraken
I'm against trading on there because they have issues with orders disappearing. The devs acknowledged it and you only get a $20 complementary coupon if it happens

Hard to say. In the end it comes all down to what the people think, they might lose confidence and it will continue to go down but there's also a chance that they realize that BTC/ETH always bounces and start viewing it as failsafe in the long run.

As far as I'm concerned the price levels don't matter, cryptos are here to stay and as long as people want to earn money with them trading them will stay viable.
I'm in fiat most of the time and buy into ETH in dips, but every now and then there are situation where it's viable to temporarily trade that ETH for BTC before selling it again, but that's only fine tuning and not really needed. More than anything else it just eases the brain a bit by doing something.
Nope, I don't trade alts at all. All the 100x moves are tempting, but it's too risky for me, because they can also go 0,01x.
Kraken was fucking HORRENDOUS before the server update and I traded on Binance/Poloniex then, but since the update it's really good and I haven't had issues so far.

>What timeframes are you trading and how much leverage do you use and risky to you want to get?

Well I usually use the 3,15m, 1 and 4 hr to make an entry.

I always do between 50-75x

I'd like to get less risky since i have lost like 3 btc already and need to start making it back slowly withoit keeping getting rekt

Imo we are seeing a textbook bubble pop if btc reaches 10.5k I am shorting it with 1/3rd of my assets and let the rest chill to buy eth in dips

>I always do between 50-75x
Dude, stop. Holy fuck. That kind of leverage is far beyond good and evil. You need to take things way slower. You don't need to get rich RIGHT FUCKING NOW. Take it slow.
Yeah, I'll watch the market closely in about 24-30 hours. I plan on shorting, too. I'm just not sure how deep I want to do in. Might even go all out. Chinese new year is right around the corner, you can expect a dip from them cashing out alone.

I don't think we've seen real panic yet. I think that will happen mid to late next week, but first there will be 2-3 days of "recovery" and false hope.

agreed

Yeah, agreed. If we break the support from the last dip however we'll go into freefall mode. It's bound to happen at some point, but that really just a problem for HODLfags and normals. People like us will make sick gains. Also once things have collapsed we might finally shift back into a bull market, which is always nice.

bist schon finanziell unabhängig dadurch wenn ich fragen darf?

Ich könnte es sein, aber ich bin nicht drauf angewiesen. Der Plan ist es genug zu machen um später dieses Jahr Immobilien kaufen zu kaufen. Ne schöne Wohnung/Haus für mich und dann noch was zum vermieten damit ich mir um die Zukunft keine Gedanken mehr machen muss.

Why are you guys still bearish ? It was just a 100% retracement, and we completed it

when did u start with how much and how much are you at now

I started with 2k in dec now at 57k euro

>I even set up trades well in advance.
how do you automate this?

Do you like sausages?

Ich habe aus 500 euro 10000 gemacht. Werde ich es machen?

I don't really believe in anything fibonacci related.
Started earlier with less, but have a bit more than you now.
Limit orders, my friend. Virtually every platform supports them.
Not really. I prefer steak.
Wir alle werden es machen.

What other indicators do you use?
How volume works, do you read each candle?

>just buy when RSI is low
That's IQ 89 tier. I doubt you made anything with that.

>but if I were to I would do it with Pine

Whats pine

So you trade mostly based on the 4hr?

What exchange do you use to daytrade/swing trade? Binance fees are too high to make any significant gains and kucoin volume is dogshit.

MACD, RSI and BB. Volume tells you where the big money is and the big money dictates what the market does and yes, you need to read every candle. Why wouldn't you?
That's because I don't "just buy when the RSI is low". There is no "when X do Y" that guarantees gains, you need to use your brain.
Pine is a script language that let's you set up buy/sell condition to test them on historic markets. 4 hours works best for me and I think it's a really popular timeframe for swing trading.
I trade on Kraken, which has higher fees than Binance and I'm doing fine. In daytrading fees will fuck you up, but when you swing trade it really doesn't matter.

Binance has the lowest fees compared to shittrex

OP why the kraken love over binance or bitfinex? I almost never hear kraken love and desu it has always seemed like a risky exchange to me.

It's not love, I just use it. I think all platforms have pros and cons. I like Kraken because I can use margin, trade in € and it has a nice trading platform. Also withdrawing fiat has been very quick for me the few times I've done it. That's it.

Ah. I'm just a slightly poorfag so I run into that issue.

Kraken is an actual exchange, with USD EUR and GBP pairs.
Binance and bitfinex are only btc eth and fake money tether "exchanges".

>many of them hype up their advice in order to gain views.

same with the retards on twitter. Theres is this one faggot eric choe that i cant stand

I think about it like that, if they were actually successful they wouldn't spend that much effort on trying to establish their online personas because they had better things to do.

i understand what you're saying. I literally watched this faggot dump into his followers though. Which pissed me off to no end. I called him on it and he blocked me on twitter

Sorry for super noob question but where do you get your 4 hour charts?

Ive used 3 different apps, binance, kraken app, etc.

None of them offer 4 hour charts. Well binance does but the charts hilariously bad and not at all representative.

Does desktop kraken offer them and not mobile?

What is your liquid to longterm investment ratio?

Ex., if trading BTC/ETH do you take profits in or hold either. Do you ever long term hold, buying at dips like the one we just had.

Is it possible to swing trade a monthly chart?

How exactly do I tell what good volume looks like? What am I looking for?

Also, do you use tradingview to analyze charts?

Welche Exchanges verwendest du denn?

Do you daytrade only on BTCUSD or also altcoins?

Trade on your PC. And if you really have to do it on your mobile use tabtrader. Pic related.

I don't hold anything long term right now, because I think things will be going down. I do plan on holding ETH in the future though. Don't think you should trade cryptos on a monthly cart, but daily is certainly possible.
You're looking for many buyers or sellers to determine support and resistance. I don't use tradingview, but it's great.
Kraken, only ETHEUR.

Wanna share your BTC and ETH chart?

thoughts on TD Sequential? i've tried it but it doesnt really seem to work out or maybe i'm using it wrong

>Pine
We need /g/ to the rescue.

What is your usual trade duration?

From my Fx days it was usual for trades based on 4H to last a couple of days. And for trades to appear just once a week in each pair.

How long do potential trades appear for you? How many trades do you make per week?

This is what I'm looking at.
Never tried it, but I'm generally not too fond of the more obscure indicators.
About 2-3 days. I usually make only 1-2 trades per week. I look where prices are going and set up layered orders. I start small and get bigger and then usually close the positions all in one stack. For a while now cryptos had a rather predictable dip every week, so I just try to catch that. The dream is buying below the BB and selling above it.

I'm from Europe, what do I do after tier 2 verification on Kraken? How can I fund my account sorry for brainletism

Do you have an app/technique to warn you about good entries? 4 hours is a pretty big window, wouldn't want to miss opportunities.

If you check the charts twice a day, there are only 3 new candles.

Next play seems to be a bounce down on the current support level. BTCUSD shows a failing bullish candle. Thoughts?

What do you think about ETHUSD? Also do you trade based on BTCUSD or BTCEUR?

>I wait for a moment when the price either breaks the upper or lower band and then go long/short once the RSI drops below 30 or above 70 and close the position once the MACD trend slows down.

using 4 hour candles? does this trend happen every week? i usually don't see the rsi go that low on a regular basis

Go for tier 3, you just need to upload a selfie holding up your ID. It's really easy just follow the instructions. Easiest way to fund it is with a SEPA transaction.
I usually make the decisions in advance. Right now I think that BTC and ETH will continue to recover for a while, so I've already set up my sell orders at 950€. No need for fine tuning. If I sell at that point I'm happy. The way I see it you shouldn't really focus too much on the little details.

Example, let's say you want to buy coin X at about $100 because you think it will go up. You wait a bit and no the time has come, the price is nearing $100 and you sit there and watch the price falling and think to your self "oh boy, it will go lower than $100, better place my order at $95!". Then what happens? It bounces from $96 to $110 and continues to go up to $150. Well fuck, you just missed out on a 50% move because you wanted to squeeze 5 more % out of it.
MACD has just crossed over, I'm pretty confident that it will continue to move up until tomorrow. You have to expect some swings right now because of the uncertainty after the dip, but once it break the middle BB FOMO will start to kick in. And yeah, I certainly look into other pairs, especially the bigger USD and USDT ones, because the order books tell you a lot and are often ahead of EUR pairs.
Doesn't happen often, but the RSI is not the end all be all of all indicators. Sometimes it's enough to just trade support and resistance. You just have to be aware of what is going on.

Can you give an example of both a good and bad trade you've made recently, like in the last 2 months or so?

pfffff Terran player

My best trade in the last two months was going allin with some margin on the pre-Xmas dip 2% before the bottom. Sold it for a 150% gain.

Worst trade I've made was buying the dip on the 17th and selling for just a few % on a bounce because I thought it was going to drop even deeper. Made me miss out big time.
Zerg actually.

What's a good 101-level resource for learning about this shit. I don't understand at all

Alright I deposited a bit of money, how long does it take for it to appear in kraken? Is it a problem if its not euro I assume they convert it right?

good man always for the swarm

investopedia.com/articles/technical/061801.asp

investopedia.com/terms/r/rsi.asp

investopedia.com/terms/m/macd.asp

investopedia.com/terms/b/bollingerbands.asp
Usually 1-2 business days. Dunno about other currencies, but I assume so.
Word.

IM GONNA MISS THE DIP MAN