Give it to me straight Veeky Forums, what're the odds of BTC reaching ATH within the next 12-18 months...

Give it to me straight Veeky Forums, what're the odds of BTC reaching ATH within the next 12-18 months? Just borrowed close to 3000 dollars from my mother to purchase around 0.34 bitcoin. How to proceed?

>Borrowing money from family to do speculative investments

Open shorts on shitcoins to make profit or just straight give it back to them.

Sure buddy, nice and stable market. Will go parabolic upwards anytime now.

How do I open shorts (on shitcoins)?

You will lose the money.

You dont even understand why BTC has value. This is the year of the smart contract coins. Use cases will be the only thing to determine what coins gain the most.

Don't proceed.

Can't tell if sarcasm.

So you're saying buy smart contract coins? Which?

If you were any good at doing this kind of thing you would already know how to do it. You will lose the money. less than 10% of day traders are even able to break even.

You need to lurk for a few months.

You
will
lose
your
money

Bad enough to call you a retard.

I agree that my research is lacking. I only began looking into bitcoin a few weeks ago, though. Also, who said anything about day trading? I was only asking about the future of bitcoin, and perhaps altcoins such as VEN, ICX, Ripple and ETH.

>Also, who said anything about day trading?

In order to short shitcoins you will have to be a trader. And you will be in a super high risk high reward situation. Literally all of the advice on this board is setup to eat people like you up alive.

Bitcoin does not have smart contracts. You want to be looking at ETH ADA NEO EOS. And keep in mind that until Bitcoin is done flailing about those coins will continue to drop.

Your best bet is to wait for the bottom before going in. That may mean waiting until next month. Wait until you see total despair before you make a move. And use that time to research coins that will have actual use cases.

Sigh... look at some point retribution will come for all the bullshit which got pumped. Get your money loaded to go but keep that in mind.

>buying sub-1BTC for prices that could get you hundreds if not thousands of coins viable to 10x.
End it now.

Shuda bought eth retard, this is the year of erc20 and nep5 utility u fucking nigger

15k in April, 30k eoy

you bought the wrong bitcoin

Look, here's the problem. A lot of people arrived recently and they saw their shit rising (because everything was rising) and they think they know what they're doing. They don't and now it's when they have to receive their lesson. It's not like there aren't still opportunities around but you're basically signing up for the lessons part. Then add unscrupulous people, people who believe the way to get rich is convincing you to buy the thing they bought for even more, panic because the house is on fire and you have a recipe for disaster.

In case you still want to go ahead, please please, I'm begging you, don't try to short. Maybe if you're still around next year ask again, but don't even think about it. I literally can't think of a faster way for you to lose everything.

this

>Just borrowed

Stop now before it’s too late

Due to the fact that you borrowed the money. It wont matter what you invest in it will crash. And it will be your fault.

1. Don't invest on borrowed money.
2. Don't invest what you cannot lose.
3. Don't gamble, invest. If you cannot explain why a coin's tech is good, read the whitepaper, checked the website, added the team on Twitter... you're gambling. Stahp.
4. Btc is probably a bad investment, especially for a newbie. It probably isn't going to go up, and even if it does, it will be too little to make decent money.