The End is Nigh

There is a famous story about Diogenes of Sinope carrying a lantern in the middle of the day looking for an honest man.

Most of you won't believe me. Some of you might. Believe me or not believe me, that is your choice, but you do it at your own peril.

Get out of your coins NOW. If you have any profit, convert it to dollars, and stay away from crypos,

Bitcoin futures are now being traded on the open and regulated market, which means that professional traders can now short it in a regulated market, without the BS fees that coin exchanges are charging, without the risk that the exchange will vanish with all their money, and under the full control of securities law.

Bitcoin will go to $1000 within the next 6 months. All of the other coins, which are indirectly pegged to bitcoin, will drop more, many of them are zero.

Believe me, don't believe me, your choice. But you have been warned.

Other urls found in this thread:

cointelegraph.com/news/s-korean-finance-minister-blockchain-can-revolutionize-the-world
youtube.com/watch?v=8Pmgr6FtYcY
lockheedmartin.com/us/products/compact-fusion.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

*church bell*

ALL AROUND ME ARE FAMILIAR

Keep going op

You do realise the futures are in dollars dont you?

You do realise they are essentially bets on the value of BTC dont you?

You do realise they dont even need to touch a bitcoin to trade futures dont you?

December 10, 2017 ... bitcoin futures start to trade on CBOE
December 17, 2017... bitcoin futures start to trade on CME

December 21, 2017.... bitcoin bubble starts to burst.

Yes.

But do you appreciate the role that shorting has in controlling the price of securities?

When your only two choices are go long or stay out, the price will be slowly (or sometimes not slowly) driven up as traders are all long.

Eventually, the price detaches from reality, and you're left with, for example, $12,000 bitcoin; which is insane considering that bitcoin has no inherent utility.

What is happening now is very simple.... until recently, all trades were unregulated: on unregulated markets, being sold by markets which didn't have to follow the rules and could screw people out of their money either by having accidental "hacking" or by gouging them on commissions.

Now that the futures market is in the hands of the professionals, there are rules, there are counterparties, and the price of bitcoin will be reattached to reality.

So I will ask everyone.... when you remove the speculation from the equation, what is Bitcoin actually worth? $100? $50?

Regulation, in then end, is a good thing, but it will hurt a lot of people in the process.

For example... for a long time, you could practice as a doctor in America without a college degree or a license.

When that changed, it was a net positive for society, but a lot of uneducated doctors were ruined.

fuck off boomer

Lololol licensing in healthcare being a met positive for society, good one op, I was almost taking you seriously until now

When was the last time a "doctor" sold you a bottle of snake oil to cure your illnesses?

The current medical industry sucks, but it's still miles ahead of what we had before we forced doctors to be educated before they could treat patients.

>Anonymous (ID: wJL9ttuC)
Get cancer, kike.

Why would he need a lantern in daylight damn the Greeks are some stupid faggots

>unironically thinking that the medical field doesnt push snake oil to patients for ridiculous prices that then get stuck on the taxpayer
snake oil is just a metaphor dumbo
it doesnt literally have to be called snake oil

This will make an interesting addition to the collage.

>could screw people out of their money either by having accidental "hacking" or by gouging them on commissions.
lol
so a 450m hack 4 years ago and commissions are responsible for the price falling, got it.

I think it was this morning that people found out that a fairly well known coin was nothing but a scam and all their money is gone.

Most people, at least most normal investors, won't trade in an unregulated market, because regulations protect both the buyer and the seller.

This is why the bitcoin futures on CBOE and CME are so important. It allows regular professional investors to go long AND short using a licensed, regulated market instead of some website with no regulation, control, and run by unknown people.

CME is going to be a bit fucked when everything flips to ethereum pairs and they are left holding worthless bags of zero. HA HA!

But no, I didn't say the price fall was because of the hack.

I'm saying that the price fall is a result of the market as a whole having a regulated method of shorting bitcoin.

I know there are a few crypto exchanges where you can do this, but they are not "real" exchanges, at least in the way that professional traders know them.

>I think it was this morning that people found out that a fairly well known coin was nothing but a scam and all their money is gone.

with so many shitcoins which one are you referring to? Hope you mean BTC

Hey
Answer me faggot

CME is going to be a bit fucked when everything flips to ethereum pairs and they are left holding worthless bags of zero. HA HA!

>bitcoin
>no inherent utility

God damn shut your mouth idiot. Where have you been since 2011? Under a rock shoving your fingers up your asshole?

Doesn't it make more sense to play it long once in a while? I'm not saying soon but I don't think it's to their advantage to make it plummet to 1K..

you're doing god's work. see you on the other side

FACES, WORN OUT PLACES

That's possible, and it frankly raises an enticing speculative idea.

Right now, it seems that people are using BTC as almost an electronic version of gold... a store of wealth that they measure their other coins against, a safe port to put their "balance" into between transactions.

If bitcoin is being exposed to the regulated markets, those who want to stay under the wire would be smart to shift into ETH, since it will become the new unregulated store of wealth.

So under your theory, which I have to admit sounds like a damn good one, as BTC goes down ETH should go up, at least until the legitimate markets start to deal in them too.

Kid you were probably still in your daddy's balls in 2011. Log off Veeky Forums and get ready for school tomorrow.

If it's the same pack of wolves that short stocks, they would short it down to zero, at which point they would make $8135 per BTC

>no inherent utility
Plebbit spacing. Faggot standard Peter Schiff talking points.
Conclusion: Kike Boomer.

I tried saving them earlier. I told them another huge dump is coming 30 min before it happened. I sold out like a 'weak hand' but in reality it is a wise thing to do. Wait for the battle to end and buy in cheaper.

But now you are scaring me, with how low you say it'll actually go.

That’s incorrect. In fact, I was browsing Veeky Forums reading many articles on mainstream media outlet basically teaching readers how to buy drugs with it.

Fine, what is the utility? When you exclude black market transactions, it really has none.

It has no value as a store of wealth because it has price swings of 40%. No one in the business of capital preservation would use it.

It has no utility for purchasing, because you can't go to the average store and buy your necessities of life with it.

It's only real value is speculative, and most of the people holding are holding for purely speculative reasons.

But it has no utility.

Practically everything you said is wrong. How do you even begin to call institutional pricing "reality"? Have you seen stocks recently?

Online drug markets have been using it for transactions and this was basically the original reason that bitcoin made mainstream traction.

Third worlders have been using it to move money under the nose of their governments. Hell some supposed Venezuelan faggot was on here panhandling for cryptos so he could feed himself last night

Groups who have had PayPal and banking privileges revoked for whatever reason (like Wikileaks) have been using it as a means of obtaining funding when all other methods of funding have been frozen.

Why should we exclude black market transactions? Because you don’t like them? Sorry, you can’t just not count a reason because you said so; that’s not how it works you jackass.

> how low will it go

This is where everyone gets mad at me again....

I think the price of BTC is divided into two parts, the utility, and the speculative.

The utility is the only thing that has real value, the speculative is only the premium people are willing to pay for the underlying utility.

I think utility has to be measured as....

1. How well can it be used NOW for regular transactions.

2. How well does it compare NOW to other means of payment.

(I use the word NOW because I think that any future measure of utility is part of the speculative component, much in the way that options prices are divided into an intrinsic value and a "time" value that incorporates all of the estimates of future volatility/value)

My honest opinion is that the current utility of BTC is so small, the places you can use it are so few, the mechanism of making transactions are so complicated compared with other existing technologies, that the utility value can't be more than $100, and that's being generous.

So, figuring in a $100 utility, and recognizing that there are a certain number of BTC held in inactive wallets that will never be up to sale, that's why I said that $1000 is a reasonable mid-term price.

That being said... once the legitimate banks steal all the best tech, there's no reason for BTC to have a value any greater than the difference in price between carrying a briefcase of cash through an airport and sending it anonymously by wire

And you're here to tell everyone to sell out of the goodness of your heart.

The situation in crypto right now reminds me of the rothschilds falsely telling everyone that england lost the war to france, selling their holdings, then buying up every fucking thing in england as other people sold theirs in panic. That's how they owned England. They're probably doing the same to bitcoin right now.

Seriously, you kikes are fucking subhuman, you won't control things and trick others forever, eventually you will get fucked.

A lot of that comment was based on a lecture by Yale Economist Robert Shiller.

But then again, what the hell has he ever done..... except of course that whole winning the Nobel Prize in Economics thing.

No, not out of the goodness of my heart.

It's just that every day we've got nothing put people pumping shit coins and trying to talk stupid people into throwing their few spare dollars into them.

So even though opposing the pump & dump scams that are on here daily might be considered an act of good will, it's just that I'm sick of seeing them all the time.

No, as I said in my original post... it is your choice whether you believe me or not.

But truth is... I'm old enough to recognize cyptos for the bubble they are.

I remember the silver boom of the 70s.
And the baseball card bubble
And the beanie baby bubble
And the housing bubble
And the penny stock bubble
And a handful of other bubbles.

All bubbles have the same characteristics. Once you've seen enough of them, you learn to recognize them.

Alt-coins is a bubble. It is a bubble by every classic definition, and it will end like every other bubble has.

Again... your choice to believe me or not believe me. But you do so at your own peril..

Yes goy, listen to our 'Nobel Prize winning' economists tell you how to invest your money, after all our deepest wish is that you to do well financially. Just trust and listen to us.

Sincerely,
The friendly jews

You forget the internet in there. Woops

The dot com bubble, yes I did.

Which is sad, because there are a lot of similarities between the dot com bubble and ctyptos.

A bunch of companies who threw "dot com" into their name thinking it would make them rich.

Spending all their money on advertising and toys for the employee break room instead of developing their business or building their customer base.

A bunch of foolish investors who just threw money at every dot com figuring they couldn't lose.

Yes, a few of them won, and won big. But most of them lost.

Although, in many ways the baseball card bubble also applies just as well.

Pump and dumps lmao. So much 'concern' lol.

You can pry my cryptos off my cold dead hands you boomer kike. I know what it is you're doing. It's not going to work on me. I will laugh in your face when your scam financial systems die out. People are waking up everyday, it's just a matter of time.

Why would I bother? They'll be worthless soon enough.

This ad is currently on the internet.

The question is... if you buy this and pay the seller 11 BTC, who is ripping off who?

So the game is to outcompete the rubes who invest in dlt that sucks. Can do

Salty kike why are you here

Because your crypto ponzi scheme is going to end. Because everyone who put all of their life savings into it will lose all their money.

Because when the crash comes, and you wonder why you didn't know it was going to happen, there will be a little voice in your head reminding you.... you were warned.

Based on what metric is it way better? You liberals are so full of shit, just admit you haven’t the slightest fucking clue what healthcare was like before licensing. You assume “well they must have needed licensing back then, or else no one would’ve made it into law!”

Yeah you and a million other faggots over the last couple years.
Larpy shitheal

SELL ALL YOUR COINS
>not keeping a warchest
>not selling a small fraction during an uptick to 9000
>using that as your war chest
>if bitcoin dips on its way to 1000 pre-tether manipulation, you're able to make a profit by the profits from the warchest
>even more profit if you buy cheap altcoins

user, this is Veeky Forums. I'm pretty sure everyone is shitposting wojaks for (You)'s. Making another user lose his money is just a bonus from the bottomless pit they call a heart.
I hope you're not suprised.

>All these fudding boomers
>GEHT OUTTA BUTTCOIN NOW!!!

Yep, nobody would ever want unregulated, untaxable currency, right? We all LOVE the government and see its grip on our wealth and liberties as a totally worthwhile thing. The people of India and china have no reason to put their wealth into a cryptocurrency (Given that their government is ever strangulating their financial freedom).

God you boomer fucks are in for a rude awakening. I'm going to chuckle like a fucking idiot when we turn around and throw you fossilized pieces of shit into retirement homes

I made my money the old fashioned way. I'll never need to go to a retirement home

>blockchain has no utility

Yes, a non-inflationary currency which was created after the global economic collapse in 2008 based off of lending money that didn't exist has no utility.

An automated, decentralized ledger which records all transactions and can't be altered without near unanimous consensus has no utility

Being able to move value across borders without banks has no utility

You clearly understand nothing about economics. And this is coming from someone who isn't even that bullish on Bitcoin.

It won't be consensual. It's retirement home or the gas chambers, faggot

>There is a famous story about Diogenes of Sinope carrying a lantern in the middle of the day looking for an honest man.
And he never found one. Diogenes also slept with dogs and jerked off in public. Whats your point?

>which means that professional traders can now short it in a regulated market, without the BS fees that coin exchanges are charging, without the risk that the exchange will vanish with all their money
Those traders still need to dump actual btc on actual exchanges to bring prices down to their future contracts. You understand that no actual btc is traded with futures, right?

Just tired of all the boomer fake concern styled posts.

And I've long predicted (((them))) to do this. The world already operates on digital fiat money so digital decentralized money is the next step, they would definitely want to own all of it and they want it cheap.

My prediction was mid or eoy but it looks like it's going on now.

If you re-read my comments, I didn't say that blockchain has no utility, I said that bitcoin and other crypto's have no utility.

Coiners seem to think that the techology is somehow tied to the coins, it's not.

It's non-propitiatory tech. So if it's good, everyone will use it. If it's not, no one will.

So again... banks are already starting to incorporate blockchain and some smart contracts. Once they do, why would they need over-priced unregulated cryptos? They wouldn't, that's the point.

>That being said... once the legitimate banks steal all the best tech
RIddle me this.

The blockchain itself has value. The network formed from the blockchain also has value.

Plus, the value of BTC isn't into two parts. That's a false assumption. Just like how I can't say that the price of a telephone company isn't just the utility of its users and speculation of any future technologies using its network. Now what else adds value to the telephone companies? Here's a hint: What keeps competitors from just using their technology and making their own?

It's the infrastructure. You're forgetting the infrastructure. Also, don't forget that TPTB really love making people slaves of technology, so if they can make us do the legwork on a system that still prevents bad actors from fucking things up, and make a network that makes internet of things (eyes) and AI overlords (hands) that much stronger then that's actually a bonus and they'll keep manipulating it in the short term while babying it in the long term.

If you're THAT worried, make a warchest and then buy when there is blood in the streets, even your own. If you were smart, you would sell at 19k. But you didn't, so you will have to take your wages and make a new warchest out of them. It's not ideal, but it will make you sleep easier. Especially if you cost average that shit.

This faggot sounds smart, but he is only giving you part of the story. So he can LARP as a smart guy while thinking he is the devil's chosen one by manipulating you NEETs. Don't fall for these tricks.

The point of crypto is to fuck over the banks. Why the fuck would anyone use a bank coin? Use your brain or please donate it to science so someone can get some utility out of it

Checkmate

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA wow you are SO deluded
YOU THINK 5 FAT BIZTARDS SELLING WILL AFFECT PRICE? AT ALL?

*BREATHES IN* AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Boomer is right, you are just deluded

Bitcoins real victory will be when the days come where we measure something’s worth on satoshis

> you didn't sell at 19,000.

I'm a no coiner, I would never put my money into that shit. I've got better places to put my investing dollar.

> fuck the banks.

Yes, and that is the core of the crypto community. I'm not saying that it doesn't exist, I'm saying that it's not large enough to support the crypto market.

>Yes, and that is the core of the crypto community. I'm not saying that it doesn't exist, I'm saying that it's not large enough to support the crypto market.

Now THIS is Boomer humor. Literally something I would read in an email from Grandpa. Makes me kind of sad.

You lost me at using a nobel prize winner in fucking economics as an appeal to authority

can't recall anyone saying that the entirety of the world's economic transactions would be conducted in beanie babies

At least I didn't hand you hard candy and ask if you ever turned in those job applications.

>boomers
>NEET frog always going on about the boomers
>on a non-boomer thread
>because he's alone and annoys anons for attention
They didn't have the internet to show them more esoteric stuff. They only had school and TV to tell them how to think and act. They only got wealth because of the post-war era.

People are nasty, brutish creatures. Normies. NEETs. Boomers. All sides of the same hypercube.

Fucking kill yourself, troglodyte.

thank you

I think a better question is why do people need banking entities to store their supposedly cryptographically secure stores of value. Yes blockchain technology is useful within private companies and yes bitcoin is stupidly overpriced right now but turing complete systems like ethereum have already begun paving the way for a world without centralized authority (10-20 years from now).

Sell BTC buy next generation blockchain companies.

It's not an appeal to authority. The fact that I'm on chan it all should give you a hint about my political leanings.

When I talk about regulation I'm not talking about sucking uncle sams dick, I'm talking about a market where there are clearly defined rules that must be followed by both parties. I'm talking about regulation that protects both buyer and seller.

Sometimes these regulations are spelled out in writing, like when you trade stock on a listed exchange, sometimes these regulations are just unofficial, like how everyone has to take a hit from the joint to prove you're not a cop.

>I'm a no coiner
Then if you're so smart, you don't mind if you point a few areas where I can invest in that gives a better risk/reward ratio.

I won't insult you, but you ARE on a crypto containment board. You want to talk business? Then talk.

Finance books?
Your fucking investor hero?
Predictions on how shit the future will be 100 years from now?
Experiences and fucked up situations?

Obviously underage.
Mods pls ban.

>WAAHHHH THEY DON'T KNOW BETTER

So? Why is that an excuse? They're dipshits with defunct mental faculties. Their soft, putty-like brains have been pounded into useful shapes. Useful idiots. Why should I feel bad for them when their ideologies exists to uphold government tyranny? A destructive idiot is still destructive.

I wouldn't mind too much if they just accepted the change in the status quo. They'll kick and scream and DEMAND regulations so the wheel of shit can turn another notch. Why bother with such fools? They don't care if the system doesn't work and exists only to leech. I hope every one of them goes bankrupt

If you believe what you are saying, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and go short the crypto market yourself? Why don't you do it 100x leverage if you are so SURE about what you are saying?

You are no better than those deluded compulsive gamblers who come here talking about $1M bitcoin and their future lambo when crypto is going up. You are only a reflection of the general emotion of the market.

>If you re-read my comments, I didn't say that blockchain has no utility, I said that bitcoin and other crypto's have no utility.
>Coiners seem to think that the techology is somehow tied to the coins, it's not.
Except it is you stupid dumb fucking boomer.

“For open-source blockchain networks, cryptocurrencies are necessary as incentives for individuals to participate in the network.”
-South Korean Finance Minister
cointelegraph.com/news/s-korean-finance-minister-blockchain-can-revolutionize-the-world

The coin is the thing that secures the network brainlet. Nodes/Miners don't run them out of the kindness of their hearts.

> Finance books

I've been working to up my options game lately, so my current reading list is:

Options as a Strategic Investment by Lawrence McMillan
Option Volatility and Pricing by Sheldon Natenberg
The Options Trader’s Hedge Fund by Mark Sebastian
Trading Options Greeks: How Time, Volatility, and Other Pricing Factors Drive Profits by Dan Passarelli
Options Trading: The Hidden Reality by Charles Cottle

After these, I'll probably find a decent book on the boom and bust cycle.

If you want an easy read that will get you thinking, check out "the power of gold", by peter bernstein (ya, I know). It tells the history of gold as a store of wealth.

> Investor Hero
probably my grandfather. The dude never made more than $30k per year, he was educated in a school with a dirt floor, but he was very sharp mathematically.

> Prediction on the future.
Hint: Buy Lockheed Martin, and hold for a while. The Compact Fusion project their skunkworks is working on will change the fucking world.

>experiences and fucked up situations.

Personal or financial?

Financially, I made the same mistakes that nearly everyone did. Especially thinking that a stock that tanked would bounce, or doubling down to cut my cost basis. Sometimes stocks have low prices because they are shitty companies.

As far as investing, everyone is going to hate this because it's a get rich slow plan instead of get rich quick, but it's the way rich people have got rich for years.

1. Buy stocks that pay steady dividends, and enroll in the automatic dividend reinvestment plan.

2. Buy stocks directly through the company instead of going through a broker to save commission.

3. If you know how to pick the right companies, buy and hold forever.

4. Leave enough money out to piss around with and to invest in the moon shots, but don't rely on them for your future.

Buy and hold forever:

LMT
WM
AEP
T
DTE
CMCSA

I might short, it will depend on whether there are options.

Leverage generally requires margin, and I never use borrowed money to trade stocks. That's a sucker bet that eventually bites most people in the ass.

>im a no coiner

well thats the end of that then

Re-read what you just said...

>cryptocurrencies are necessary as incentives for individuals to participate in the network

All this means is that in an open source network, you have to pay the people who are doing the calculations.

That doesn't mean that blockchain itself requires coin to function. I imagine the person who invented blockchain had it running without anyone paying him.

Crypto uses blockchain. crypto does not = blockchain.

And if the network isn't open source (like inside a corporation) they do not need to have coin in order to use blockchain, since they are already paying for the work.

Lmoa this boomer faggot is genuinely terrified that his stock market and his 401k will get replaced by blockchains, that's why he's fudding. Just stfu and kys gramps, your time is over.

This thread confirms you are wrong

Quads confirm

lol, cute.

totally full of shit, but still cute.

>unironically thinking that unregulated pharmaceuticals would actually care about your health.

is btc go to 7k or 20k ANSWER ME

>They don't care if the system doesn't work and exists only to leech.
So what are going to do about it other than grimace at anything bad that happens to people over the age of 65? Nothing?

I think people misunderstand how cheap energy can change the world completely. It's not just 'cheap energy'. A shitton more stuff becomes economically viable. You get cheap terraforming. easier space travel, more prevalent recycling, cheap desalination, vertical farms. Among other things. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Pmgr6FtYcY
Ignore the slight speech impediment and feel free to skip to the middle of the video if you want more detail.

I was going to do this before crypto, but then again, I bought in solely around at 2k BTC and then got greedy.

Thanks for the advice, user. I don't have a lot to contribute, but I'll take your words into consideration from now on.

I like crypto, but it's a fucking shame that the few smart people that talked business on this board just went up and left. Variety is the spice of life, after all.

Not the same person you were replying but you didn’t really say anything my friend.

>urh urh you believe stuff haha urh urh

Medicine today is better and more efficient thanks to regulations. Pharmaceutical companies have to adhere to certain standards. Yes in many ways the health care system is flawed but progress has come from regulations not by allowing big pharma to do as they please. Thanks to regulations you have nutritional tables on everything you eat. Like I said, it’s not perfect but if your solution is “it’s not good so let’s just cut regulation and allow them to work as they please” then you are an idiot.

>regulation is good
lol fuck off nigger

Regulations give the people who put them in place a monopoly to sell snake oil.

The Lockheed Martin Skunkworks are well known for their technological advances.

Their compact fusion project is interesting, for a handful of reasons.

You get the usual, a powerplant on the back of a truck that could power a city of 100k, but they're going one step further.

The big plane in this photo is the C5 Galaxy. They are designing the fusion plant to be small enough to fit in and power this plane.

By their estimation, it will be able to fly for a year on "a few bottles" of hydrogen.

You can read about it here:

lockheedmartin.com/us/products/compact-fusion.html

Shh shh shh grandpa we're going to need your pension to clear up the mess your generation has made.

You won't need it anyway what with your free lethal injection.

Let me put it in a way you will understand....

let's say you are going to buy an oz of weed from your dealer. And he weighs it in front of you. Then you get home and discover that his scales are fixed. Would you be pissed?

Financial regulation keeps people playing with the same rules.

No shit on that. If we could find the company who makes the black pills, now THAT would be a company to invest in.

It has a coin because we want a coin dumbfuck. You don't even understand what you're talking about and yet you keep on fudding. What you don't seem to grasp is that we already use digital currency, banker money is 90% digital the only difference is it's centralized. You'd know that if you weren't a retarded boomer. Saying banks can create their own crypto makes no sense because:
a) if it's decentralized, they can't control it and they don't want that
b) if it's centralized its what we have right now with digital fiat

Seriously tho, you boomers are a bunch of stupid entitled fucks, no wonder you faggots fell for every single stupid kike trick.

And you keep misreading what I'm saying. I'll try again....

1. You say that YOU want the coin. Yes you do. But most people don't. That's why the utility value of bitcoin is so low, because no one is using it.

2. Banks can use blockchain for blockchains value. They won't create a coin because they don't need a coin to useblockchain

3. Yes, we're already 90% digital, which is why we don't need the current cryptos. Nearly everyone (except for that very small anti-government crowd), doesn't care about anything more than ease and convenience.