SEC HEARING

At 10:00 AM EST today the SEC and CFTC will be having a hearing on crypto.

Chairman Jay Clayton will testify before the U.S. Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs. The hearing is titled, "Virtual Currencies: The Oversight Role of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission.

The US Securities and Exchange Commission and Commodity Futures Trading Commission will meet to discuss what an advance notice describes as their “oversight role”, as the industry becomes an increasingly prioritized focus of lawmakers around the world.

You're a fool if you think the SEC is going to continue to sit back and not do anything about the current state of the crypto market. Too many people are getting fucked with scam ICO's, scam coins, heavy market manipulation, etc.

I am not optimistic about this hearing later today, what are your thoughts user?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitmex.com/register/toYHiE
coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/volume/24-hour/no-fees/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this really does have massive implications for the immediate direction of the market, does it not?

It's tomorrow not today. February 6th

Because the biggest dick swings in the land of burgers

The hearing is on tuesday?

tethered up and ready to be reactionary.

America is literally the center of the world and only angsty teens disagree.

yeah its tomorrow. anyway it looks positive

Yeah you're correct. My bad

My 10 BTC are trapped on Binance and I can only withdraw 2 every 24 hours.

I hate the Chinese.

Plan ahead next time.

>looks positive
never change, Veeky Forums

You do know you get the same but shittier treatment from Poloniex/Bittrex/Coinbase, every time this kind of thing happens
That is what you get for not keeping it in the wallet

because you are nigger that doesnt want to be verified.

stream link?

i remember seeing that retard dr. bitcorn live

I honestly see this as a long term positive. Like really, any legitimate market needs regulation to at least a minor degree. The idea of a truly free market is asinine, governing framework and regulations are what give markets stability.

We've all been starry eyed with crypto "going mainstream", well how did you think it was going to get there without the governments stepping in to regulate what was happening within their end of the markets? This is just the next step in getting legitimised as a real form of transactory currency.

As for the loss of the pajeet coins and mooning over night, I say good riddance. Nearly none of the 5000+ coins out there have any real world implication, let alone can back up their financials or security. There has been so many scams it's no wonder gov'ts are stepping in, but now the yanks are going to choose their position. This is a country that handed it's self over to the stock market and banks long ago, they will not look a money maker down. Unlike others they are not busy trying to show how they are a legitimate superpower to their 1.2 billion citizens living in the stone age without sewers or water, or desperately trying to maintain control over a hyper teched up society that they are way too conventional to understand. Securities and trading have no intention on killing a viable product, much the opposite. Behind the curtain they're tasked with regulating traunched products in a way to make them a more successful market item rather than them turning into pajeet tier shit.

No idea what tomorrow brings, but can anyone really say it would be worse than the last 30 days?

you have 80 grand on an exchange.. LMAO!

bitcoin will go below $1000

No, its not. China is.

Shit, you got that right.

youre an idiot and completely miss the point
if you welcome 5% a year go play with stocks

go fuck yourself government stooge.

They're going to crash the crypto market with no survivors, get the fuck out while you still can. This is your last chance.

lol yeah okay there's literally nothing these fucking faggots can do

2018 : Year of the DEX

Nearly non of the 5000 coins blablabla, that's when I jumped of the boat and stoped reading your bullshit, the cuy doesn't even know how many coin are out there... Anothe 'professional' talking shit out of his ass!!
As of today there are 1513 coins listed on cmc and at least 500 of them are allready dead sucker!

>tether

Will the conclusion be made at the end of the hearing or will there be multiple hearing over a few weeks?

Nothing will come of this. SEC will basically say "we have no idea what to do, good luck faggots", and it will go onto the backburner until 1t market cap is reached again.

im hoping for the last biggest FUD. if its not FUD then crypto is dead

also, when are We The People going to vote these sociopaths out of office? a.k.a. FIRE their asses?

you know that's our position, right?

we're the boss here in case you've forgotten and you so clearly have

can't do this on an individual level though just sayin

my vote's for "send all government/political/banking figureheads for psychiatric evaluation after their immediate termination"

yes FEB 6 it will be broadcast live online

when people get more of a false sense of "security" and "regulation" they tend to invest again more easily. it is positive actually (in a long term perspective). price may still bleed for now.

literally what can they do? fine miners? send them to jail? what about PoS?

oh no ban exchanges? whatever will we do?
anyone who cares about crypto long-term gives absolutely 0 fucks what the SEC says.

if you think this is important, you're as clueless as they are. but you'll be around when shit truly hits the fan. when the music really stops for them and they realize (far too late) that there is nothing they can do, or could ever have done, to stop this from completely collapsing (((their))) economy.

Also a market crash is the best possible time in case something significant does get revealed.

Lol you are deluded. If you hate it so much go buy some ammonium nitrate and do something about it.

exchanges make loads of money in fees it would be ridiculous to scam their bread and butter and destroy their reputation: future profits.

>virtual currencies
does the US government really use this wording?
how is it virtual??

i dont get your reasoning

You are stupid. You deserve to die.

Yes they won't let scam ICOs rip off Americans. They already shut some down. Priced in.

What can they even do that's negative? KYC is already mandatory. ICOs fall under security rules if they're securities and not a utility token. What do you think, they'll ban Americans from buying an asset that that the government gets a cut of?

I'm too busy trading myself to millions

everyone's stupidity on this centralized authority thing carries over to the markets, by the way

99% of the world is blind to how much of a scam these people are

99% of the people in these markets suck dick at making money in it

so it's terrible that I'm stuck with you idiots, but thanks so much for your Bitcoin

Don't listen to the other guys senpai

I like your post and agree with you. Any step forward is good, even baby steps. I'm really praying for some kind of legislation on the definition and treatment of cryptocurrencies which will lead to reasonable regulation and taxation. Once the crypto market is viewed as legitimate and stable by normies, we will enter the greatest bull market the world has ever seen

So should I buy in now, or wait till after the hearing?

mtgox

I hope they go after tether. That's a shitshow I'd like to see. Long term I think we will see the USA introduce a USD crypto based on the ripple tech. Banks will insure user funds, inflation can be controlled. There will be minimum disruption to the financial sector.
Normies will never use a financial system without government regulations and protections.
I'll still be holding my coins. It might take 10 years, but the internet will eventually become a much more decentralized network, and I think blockchains will play a huge role in establishing a P2P decentralised web.

Bullshit is what makes all the people rot
Bullshit is what politicians talk
To make you forget what you've already got
Fuck the government

when bitfinex shows their usd reserves and every single fucking dollar is accounted for...this thing is going off.
fucking idiots not thinking its just a accumulation tactic.

Bah, I think a substantial portion of tethers backing is held in Bitcoins which has fallen 50% in 1 month. I don't think they have the money user. Lot's of folks set to get just'd.

They already did
Wells Fargo pulled out and the Taiwanese banks stopped the taps

I have 1.4million in exchanges

Bears have been attacking for weeks now, recently heavily. I tried to warn you fags But you delusional tards wouldn't listen. Anyways that's beside the point. All I can tell you is 5.5k is a real target for btc and count on it hitting bad news or not. The chinks are dumping on us as well as future shitters etc. 5.5k is almost certain within a week, I dunno if they will break heavy support around there. But ....we are headed for 2ish k if they do. I sold , and am sitting comfy in fiat waiting to pick up the mess

>5% per year...

Lol... I'm up 12% on CAPR before pre-market even opens.

>You're a fool if you think the SEC is going to continue to sit back and not do anything about the current state of the crypto market.
That's why I'm increasing my short positions as we speak
In situations like this your can make more money when BTC crashing than you can chasing moon missions if you know what you're doing, just by trading BTC, no need to touch altcoins.
Why are you missing out on these gains? BitMEX (the "mex" stands for Mercatile Exchange) is the only exchange in the world that offers 100X leverage (but it's not because you can that you must, go small and work your way up).
Let me explain what this means. So lets say you were to have shorted (placed a sell order) for BTC at $10000. Let's also say you only have .01 BTC to trade with, or $100 worth. With .01 BTC at x100 leverage you can sell 1 BTC. Then for every dollar BTC goes down, your position is worth $1 more. Say BTC goes to $8000, if you close your position you then get that $2000 in profit paid to you in BTC, that's a 2000% profit
I would suggest you learn TA before you start trading. You can train using their testnet (free).
You want a moon mission? BitMEX is your moon mission.
Euros and others can sign up but US users are banned (just sign up with a proxy and then you can login from a US IP with no questions asked). If you're going to sign up use my reference code, using a reference code gives you a %10 discount in fees. May not sound like much but it's saved me hundred of dollars in the past weeks: bitmex.com/register/toYHiE

- Interface is amazing with professional grade advanced order types
- Liquidity it offers is completely unmatched, it's the biggest exchange volume wise: coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/volume/24-hour/no-fees/
- BTC deposits take less than 10 minutes: just 1 confirmation from the network needed
- Never down, doesn't matter the load, no shady flash crashes caused by website being down like Poloniex does

>All I can tell you is 5.5k is a real target for btc
No sweety, the target for the bears is $8.56

> SEC will surely regulate bitcoin!!
Sorry soyboy, Trump is too BASED to let that happen

Thinking that senile old boomer even knows what crypto is.

>trump
>based

fuck off back the_donald brainlet

You retards. Regulation is bad short term, but long term it will bring legit investors in and market caps will in Andromeda.

Oh yeah, those guys are untouchable I want to see the SEC try to prosecute them tho

Center of the world hahahaha. the number of retards here is crazy.

OH LOOK ANOTHER "END OF THE WORLD IMMINENT" THREAD

so that he can buy Ethereum at a cheaper price

newfags and normies what can u do?