What if BTC really does go back to $1K?

How fucked are alts?

They will have value in cents, IE their proper value.

95% of all alts will die and go to 0

4% of those alts will stagnate and not move at all, and will be subject to pnd groups

1% will increase in value, but never ever even be close to their ATH

I'm all tethered up

Alts are all vaporware scams. The sooner people realize this the better.

Ethereum and Monero are literally the only exceptions.

$5k is where it will stop, support is ridiculously strong there

We'll go back to the time when shit moons daily.

Proper fucked.

Thats what they said about 16k, and 12k, and 10k, and 8

>How fucked are alts?

Alts are not fucked, but bitcoin - for some strange reason - is the indicator of the general belief in crypto. Those altcoiners just panic sell when BTC goes down, and at the same time hate BTC. :-)

People who hate bitcoin are bitter poorfags who don't understand anything about the fundamentals of crypto.

Its OK I locked my coins in at 17k

Except imagine an exchange that has a hundred different alts but does not have btc? Imagine you're able to trade all those alts against usd pair? If one of them falls the others won't even budge. Fuck btc and its whale monopoly.

Alts will be fine in terms of sats and might even benefit from being safe havens to store sat gains if the Tether FUD becomes strong enough.

By this I don't mean all those useless shitcoins of course, I mean the ~5% of alts worth a damn.

>Except imagine an exchange that has a hundred different alts but does not have btc? Imagine you're able to trade all those alts against usd pair? If one of them falls the others won't even budge. Fuck btc and its whale monopoly.

Lot of alts can be purchased with fiat... But it doesn't matter, even ETH, which has literally nothing to do with bitcoin, starts going down when bitcoin falls. Those altcoiners are just not that convinced about their bags, that's all.

I buy all my alts with ethereum so I am immune to BTC panic sells affecting alts. Zero panick here.

>tfw you sold for USDT 2 weeks ago

Time to cash out, boys

they didnt

>I am immune to BTC panic sells affecting alts.

You are not and it doesnt matter what you use to buy alts. After BTC goes down, your alts also goes down, because people starts to doubt crypto in general. (I don't say thats good or anything, but that's where we are now). Apart from BTC I also hold ETH, and while NOTHING bad happened to ETH in the last months, people just panic sell it... for now there is nothing we can do about it, only wait.

Remember you have to pay tax on the dollar value of any capital gains if you traded crypto in 2017. Even if Bitcoin falls to zero you still owe the tax amount in dollars.

Monero lol

>Remember you have to pay tax on the dollar value of any capital gains if you traded crypto in 2017.

Also when you didn't cached out to fiat? Does this apply to U.S.?

Found the kike
>btc drops to nothing
>cashes out

Ethereum yes
Monero? A dinosaur waiting to die

ICX, VEN, REQ, XLM, IOTA (if they actually make that work properly), OMG, NEBLIO, QASH, WTC, yep all scams...

>OMG

I very much doubt OMG is a scam when Vitalik himself endorsed the project. They are also implementing Plasma, which is one component of the ETH scaling solution. I think you confused it with something else.

That guy is obviously fucking clueless. The amount of FUD on this board has been absurd lately. Fuck off merchants

Who? Random fags on reddit? Nobody with a brain claimed that.

if BTC hits 1k, we will see a 4 year bear market

In the US it doesn't matter if you cash out or not, the fair market value of every trade measured in dollars is taxed.

They'll start recovering as soon as buttcoin reaches its bottom. Not everything will recover to ATH, but there are LOTS of moons ahead. I'm sure as fuck.

Pretty damn fucked

No. You must forget what crazy moons we had back in April-June. Yet buttcoin was well below 3k.

This, it feels like a lot of people on here just joined during the December craze, and forgot the months of bleeding and sideways trading we had before. Nobody expected a bullrun like in May 2017 to happen ever again, but boy, just look at last month.

Lol this meme

Yeah the US has dumb tax laws. Basically it's nearly impossible to get rich. But once you are rich, you can avoid taxes.

everyone on Veeky Forums was saying 8k so fuck off
as soon as we went past 8k all of a sudden OH its going to 6k guys!! oh 5k!! oh 4k$!!!

im not saying its not going to keep dropping im just saying no1 has a fucking clue where the bottom is
guarantee if we dipped below 5k every TA fag would be screaming its going to 1k or whatever, and it could and will bounce at any moment.

it's also the currency pairing thing that ties everything in with btc

Even with fiat trading pairs, anything with a BTC pair will crash together with bitcoin
as long as BTC pairings exist.

why not fiat though?

Ah, sweet Tether. Ostensibly backed by usd but in reality only backed by idiots.

>im not saying its not going to keep dropping im just saying no1 has a fucking clue where the bottom is

user, the value of these coins is entirely in the perceived utility that others see in them. So the bottom is obviously zero.

still smarter than BTC