/smg/ - Stock Market General

AHHHHHHHHHHH edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest.
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous

Earnings this week

I don't know what I'm DOING

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest.

Add free API access to this

day four
give it up for day four

Which broker?

Give IB a try. I was verified in 2 days.

Yeah I forgot you posted that last thread. I'll try to remember next time. sorry

BEARS REPORT IN

PSQ
SQQQ
UVXY

RIDE THE CRASH WITH ME BROTHERS
OUR TIME FOR GLORY IS AT HAND

robinhood. I'm wondering of it's just because they don't work on the weekend so they don't verify on the weekend or what

Morning guys

There's a lot of fucking retards on Veeky Forums right now that think the market is crashing

Same people who "hodl" because "the prices just HAVE to come back up"

All in UVXY

You guys still use white feelguys? How's that 0.01% loss coming for you ?kek

I’ve held these BAC warrants so long I don’t want to let them go :(

>no pre market movement for my shares
Cant wait for shit to tank in 10 minutwa

Oh they're probably moving ;)

Robinhood is shit at tracking pre market/after hours prices

Can this please be a normal thing will make biz decent for non crypto

it is a regular thing
we used to call it robinhood general

we have been doing it every day for years now

I think I'm just gonna ignore my portfolio and the market today.

See you guys tomorrow

JNUG

Crypto should be in a general like stocks free the rest of the board up.

>trading indices and not individual stocks which you have researched
its almost as if you think this is a get rich quick scheme

WHAT DO I BUY

dell

When in doubt just go for dividend yielding ETF's

Different user here, I signed up last Friday night and I was approved on Saturday afternoon, so I'm sure they worked on Sat.

Nothing. Just wait it out.

UVXY you mong

MARK 's pretty volatile but it's doing well today.

Deciding right now if AMD's going to 15-18 or if it's going down to 10. Hmm..

The time to buy the VIX was 2 weeks ago.

>sold jagx last week
welp at least I made a tiny profit
fucking only thing doing well on my watchlist today

>Shorting AMD
>Shorting GE
made 2k since the bell, time to eat breakfast and enjoy

Right now I only own WM, WFC, BAC. Invested last week lol $1500, at this point do I just wait it out and not panic sell?

Which are?

Walmart has been heavily inflated since hitting $80. You were a fool to buy it at $100+.

Phew. I sold my amd at 13.1 and was worried that it wouldnt crash.
Hopefully it drops to sub 11 so I can buy back in.
Good thing i listened to my gut and didnt jump back in.

Anyone else in LQDT? My only green in this sea of red

WM is Waste Management lol. Walmart is WMT

I was verified pretty much instantly with RH. Not sure why it’s taking you so long

BUY BUY BUY?

I'm fairly certain I was buying stocks within a half an hour of signing up

Thinking of buying Tencent, down 10% from its ATH just a couple weeks ago.

Thoughts?

Are pump and dump ops licit in regulated asset markets?

Oh I misread. My bad

No, not at all.

I'm down 7% today so far

How are you doing lads?

DIPS OVER SMASH THE ASK

Picked up 300 MJX at $29 on the open, feels good man

don't have any money to buy the dip till thursday am i too late?

Down 7% as well. Kinda scared. Not sure if this is gonna last long enough that it's worth pulling money out, because I'm fine hodling otherwise.

Is there anything I should try to buy while things are dipping?

XLU XLF CRF CNSL

too early kiddo

we are gonna dip all week

Canadian weed update:

It appears the mad selling pressure is over for the moment. Everything gapped down for open but steadily climbing and now in the green. Please let the correction be over. That was crazy to see everything give up all progress made since mid november.

Protect your profits with stop losses on that. Weed looks okay at the moment but it could drop again if the DOW keeps getting hammered.

Only looks like a consolation period.

The NASDAQ is green, breh.

>NASDAQ up
Here we go boys, tech rebound is here.

Yeah, I'm probably going to see how high it'll ride on this morning's momentum and dump it all in a little while. I'm up over $750 on it so far this morning which isn't bad at all.

>UVXY
ok

Nice. Looks like you picked the timing perfectly for the bounce back up.

>Bought UVXY after a 60% run

Get fucking rekt lmao

Classic Veeky Forums. Short low and buy high

It was dumb luck that I put a limit order in at $29 last Friday and then had it actually fill right at open. I'm not complaining though.

Woke up to almost 7% down but now I'm somehow up $300 (around .5%).

WEED is rebounding hard right now.

How's XXII looking?

Any good day trades today?

Also there was a new release from Aurora this morning saying they're picking up a stake in Alberta liquor stores. Guess they want a taste of that retail action in addition to the growing.

As a sort of noob should I just be okay hodling through times like this, or should I be setting stop losses regularly?

just hold, dont even bother. Rate hype was faggotry.

Funds not available till the 8th, fuck my ass...

thank god I fucking bought MU at 40.80 on Friday

this, when it's already run up then I don't think it'll keep going...then again DRYS and trump's election. but when you've missed the initial run it's best to see if it's going to run higher or if it's going to go back down.

best thing to do is to watch cci and macd and if it starts dipping then short. because other shorts are also going to jump in and bring it back down to "stable" levels.

don't chase, don't panic buy or sell, you'll lose your ass

sold all my MJX at $32, $900 profit in under an hour, good way to start the week off

If we go into a bear market for real for the next year or two, is that basically best case scenario if I am in my mid 20s and just now starting to invest? Get a discount on damn near everything and cost average on the way down for the next few months to years before everything rockets off again?

yawn

lets check again at 3:30

Money is easy after a bear market ends.

Pretty much, I started getting into the stock market in 2008/2009 and once shit stopped crashing and going bankrupt then you could buy just about anything, hold for a while, and make amazing profits.

Here's a better AMD wojak for future use

Exactly what I was thinking was going to happen, im still a total pleb trying to make sure I understand stuff and learn correctly. Might hurt now to keep buying in lower on shit, but I'm buying most of my stock to cash out in like 2040 so I'll take pain even though 2020 lol

somone pump LQDT and make it go past 7

>> wake up
>> dow -30
>> everyone panicking

Did I miss something???

A great buy in, thats about it.

Depends what strategy you want to play. Stop losses can be good or bad. I tend not to use them if the things i'm holding are in bull run as you can get stopped out on a momentary dip and lose some leverage as the prices rise before you get a chance to buy back in. If things are starting to look overextended, rsi on the daily and weekly is getting overbought, then yes definitely use stop losess if not sell outright. It's something i should have done at the height of the weed bull run as i could have doubled my shares for no extra money on the 50% retrace.

Just be patient and don't blow all your money buying in too early or you'll leave a lot of profits on the table and end up with some bags to hold.

I only have so much to add every month anyways, about $500. Total portfolio of like $3000 right now so still I'm barely beginning investing

>BTC almost down to $7k

Should we go into all the crypto threads and make fun of them for trading monopoly coins? I feel like some payback is in order for them always coming here and trying to shit up our threads.

Is 10k too low to invest? I was thinking of diversifying it in raw materials/steel/lumber and biotech/stem cells and a few tech stocks.

This was a good day to buy weedstocks but you're 30 minutes too late now.

$10k is plenty. I'd focus on about 5 stocks with $2k in each of them.

>red ID
>not going all in

There is no bottom for investments.
Do you mean too low to quit your job and focusing on investments then I would say yes.

I'm going to have to email them when I get home then, this is kind of ridiculous

Hi friends. I'm ok, just um wanted to remind everybody to not trade on emotion, and emotions aren't mutually exclusive. They can be the highest of highs, and lowest of lows. I'm looking for the high times my self. I you all and I'm safe, just following the rules.

Is anybody here a dividend growth investor?

I am :-)

My peepee starts growing when I see a big dividend payment in my account, does that count?

What kind of stocks do you consider these to be? I'm new to all this trying to learn still about wht all sorts of things to diversify into

Is this the NAK comeback?

No I'm fairly sure it doesn't

Whats your strategy? mostly indexes with DRIP? or individually researching each company?

Stocks you can invest in, keep, and grow your dividends

I would define "dividend growth" as stocks with growing dividends. It's in the name man.

I do a bit of both really. About 1/3rd of my portfolio is in two ETFs (SDIV/DVHL), but I also hold another 14 positions of individual companies & more 'focused' ETFs. I yield about 10% combining all of those.

when the fuck is apple gonna recover