Psst, remember when you were mocking this guy last month? member when you were getting angsty at his calls? I memba...

psst, remember when you were mocking this guy last month? member when you were getting angsty at his calls? I memba.....literally the only guy you need to be following.

explain that image to a brainlet

4k soon

good, selling at 8.5k and rebuying below 4k later

oh oh, I memba

Ok, that's Peter Brandt he is a pretty experienced trader and from what I gather he has been trading BTC since around 400usd. He is recognised by his following on 'crypto twitter'. The guy was giving out really good calls, I started following him when he called the 3k bottom when we fell from 5k. Since then, the guy tweeted out targets all the way to 18.8k....he himself sold at 16.8k. Cryptotwitter loved his shit until he started making bearish calls. Crypto twitter tards were amongst them, those same tards have gone from '100k' 'to the mewn' to.....'we think the bottom is here' .....I would list a few of these popular personalities but no point. They got in early, got ridiculously rich in the biggest bullrun of our lifetimes and now people worship them.

The chart, has that 'black line' called the parabolic curve, we broke above the parabolic curve at 10k (this is often known as a long term trend - log channel). Once we broke out of that curve to the upside shit went insane but could not be sustained. And once we broke below the curve the parabolic move (BTCs bull run since 2013) ended. Obviously TA isnt an exact science, the charts morph and change so its merely an indication of what might happen. He tried to warn people the HODL meme was stupid, and 'its not different this time' like others thought it was. 'hurr this is different to stocks' ...I observe the comments and notice that angsty teens believed they knew better than the market.

Who's going to buy your 8.5k

>log
ahahahahahahha

>implying you need to follow a guy or any guys for that matter
stop listening to people and make your own strategy and do your own research. the only way to make is to be independent

reddit and Veeky Forums

but if 4k is the bottom, why hodl meme is stupid? it'll still bounce back to at least 10k this summer anyway

Is this the end? No its fucking not. People here refuse to accept market cycles. Whats happened is the entire market had a parabolic move (e.g. look at any altcoin chart with price in %....i think ven alone went up 5000%) and most of the buying was done by people who have no idea about the tech. Most of the buying to push the price higher was out of greed. You know we hear about the bubble? Well, theres a way to measure and determine when a stock becomes a bubble. google it up and do some reading. And this market cycle has burst. The question is, how long until the correction is complete and a new market cycle starts? Well, lets use logic...if every man and his dog invested in hopes of getting rich then those same people will now sell and be weeded out of the market. Even the strongest of hands will be shaken out. Once those people have left the market and interest is long left crypto (last bear market was 3 years?) .....we will then see another market cycle. This happened already when btc went from 80usd to 1200usd. Same shit, and as the market kept falling even the strongest of hands sold the bottom.

Well user, lets think. Say I purchased BTC at 3k and I HODL until 18k and sell. I then buy back at 6k. I will now be able to buy 3btc. But, if I HODL I will still have that 1 BTC.

>but if 4k is the bottom, why hodl meme is stupid? it'll still bounce back to at least 10k this summer anyway
because it might not
by selling you are prepared for both outcomes
by holding - only for one

You dont, I use experienced traders' ideas to gauge long term trends. This prevents me from getting tunnel vision. I use my own indicators and setups to buy and sell. So, I never blindly follow but its never wise to simply look for an echo chamber (someone reaffirming your own belief). I take a look around, at more than 1 source, look at the chart and see what the chart is telling me.

Right now, this month is a sell signal. Only the weekly the selling signal was from around 17k. The indicators showed me this. Once the monthly gives me another buy signal I will buy back in. I may not get the bottom but I wont be caught in a trap.

yeah, but consider also the fact that you can't predict the future. say i bought btc at 3k and i hodled through 18k, 3k, 18k again and then sold at 30k let's say.

>by selling you are prepared for both outcomes
actually keeping fiat is literally the opposite of keeping crypto, so i don't see how that counts for both outcomes

It's astrology.

guy average 35% returns over 30 years and retards were mocking him

who's laughing now?

Stop baiting, tell user's how much his net worth is. People don't realise what your statement actually means.

why do people get butthurt about log scale? is it so hard to understand for brainlets?

hownew.ru

No you can't predict the future. However, I could show you a chart of how my TA would have predicted the recession(s). Literally giving me sell signals at the top of each crash with DOW Jones and S&P 500.

If you're a long term investor who doesnt want to trade and can not look at BTC for say 5 years, then sure HODL because the fundamentals are strong. However, nobody saw us going to 18k this year. Hindsight is great, but experienced traders started selling around 11k onwards. Now, what if we had gone beyond 18k and the traders sold there positions. Well, there is nothing stopping you buying back in because at some point we will pullback. And personally, if can take profit and turn your 1 BTC into 3, you would. Those people who are HODLing now have some regret. Heck, even my dad to whom I said 'either sell your position because this growth wont be sustained'.
I would post my charts but I dont want to doxx myself.

wrong. To call the exact top or exact bottom is a meme. To get in the region of should the chart continue its pattern is better. I'm not experienced enough to make these types of calls however I can use indicators that will tell me when to buy (time) not where (at price)