Champ, listen, your mother and I have been talking and we think it's time you put yourself out there into the workforce...

Champ, listen, your mother and I have been talking and we think it's time you put yourself out there into the workforce. Everyone has to pull their own weight around here and if you're going to continue living under our roof then we feel you should be contributing. Plus, a job builds character and toughness and teaches the value of a hard, honest day's work.

Now I know you're disappointed your internet coins didn't work out. But you have to understand, those cryptsy coins or whatever have no real value - nothing is backing them! At least now you can earn cold hard cash, backed by the full faith of the United States government. When I was your age I had to pay my own way through college. I saved up and bought my own car, my own apartment and then I met your mother and we moved out to the suburbs.

Now, this is all you have to do. Go up to the counter, ask for the manager, look him straight in the eye and give him a firm handshake and say "Sir, I would like to work here. I am ready to do whatever it takes to get the job done, and done well." It's that easy. Afterward, I'll treat you to lunch, maybe get you some of those tendies you're always raving on about.

How's that sound, champ? Go get 'em!

>having a father

top kek

based dad dishing out the practical advice.

Okay dad but why didn't you send me to college?
I mean i think you had some money left after buying that sports car
Even a public one would have been good

But dad, mom makes me tendies every day because I'm a good boy

based

This basically happened to me unironically. On my 16th birthday my dad told me to get dressed and wear nice clothes. I thought my parents were taking me out to a nice dinner. They took me to McDonald's and my dad walked up to the counter and asked for the manager. The manager came up to my dad and my father asked, "you got room for one more?" while pointing to me.

did you get the job?

Yes. Met my first real girlfriend there too.

See? This fine young man here did it. He even met a girl. Maybe you'll meet someone nice at work too?

You won't know if you don't put yourself out there, champ!

please talk to me irl dad

Very reasonable father. Supporting his son even though he's a fuckup.

>mfw Veeky Forums kiddies are trying mock boomers but are accidentally giving out real advice that no one will take

I did what you said but the manager wouldn't come to talk to me and everyone that works there started speaking Spanish and laughing at me.

But dad I have no real skills

I'm always here for you, son.

Well, now that doesn't sound very nice. I'll tell you what - I'll make a list of local places and tomorrow we can stop by all of them until one of them takes you on!

Many of these jobs are "on-the-spot", champ. We learn life lessons every day. You'll not only learn people and time management skills, but also responsibility and the value of a hard day's work.

Dad I think I am balding, I don't know what haircut to get.

>tfw many soyboy cucks are balding before their fathers

The shame

Just shave your head, the soyboy look does no one any favors

thanks, dad. love you

True story:

Years ago when I was managing a restaurant I had a woman do this with her son. Brought her in, got the app, then sat there and helped him fill it out.

When the time came to interview him, she wanted to sit in on the interview. I told her that unless she planned on working every shift with him, she would have to go away while I talked to him.

Jesus Christ, that's typical boomer-millenial stuff I remember happening 10 years ago. Overly protective parent caring for it's manchild. That explains a lot what happens nowadays.

Ya, this was about 20 years ago, so in the same era.

I had another parent calling to ask for a raise for their child

dad, you do realise I am still in 6 figures?

as if anyone in Veeky Forums had a good dad

I'm kinda happy I gave up on college and went straight into local factory. Now, I have experience, stable job, and I never had to operate with faggots like that. They usually stopped coming to work after day or two.

Hey dad, who's the bottom, you or Mike Rowe?

I wish I had a dad like this. My dad would always berate me and tell me I am worthless even though I held a job, got a gf, had many friends and graduated college. Now that I have a mental breakdown from all the traumas in my life (lost my friends, my job and became a recluse) they now tell me I really am good for nothing. I feel empty and numb inside.

Ya, the biggest problem with that generation (at least those who are having trouble getting by) is that they don't understand that you're not supposed to be enjoying yourself every day. If it was supposed to be fun, it wouldn't be called work.

That and I see comments around here all the time that they aren't going to work at a job for years just to move up. As if there is any real way to move up other than putting in time and showing you can do the job.

A lot of people seem to think they're so special that they can just walk in and take the top job. Life doesn't work that way.

same

My first job was a bag boy at publix so I could buy a PS3 at launch.

to aim for having fun every day is the way to go for. What kind of cuck do you have to be to settle for anything less?

Based dad....

T_T

Having fun would be nice, and it IS possible to have fun occasionally, but it shouldn't be your goal.

You work because you're an adult and you want to put food on the table to feed yourself and your family.

You don't work to be empowered, you work because as an adult you are required to provide for yourself.

Especially when that Romanian guy can do the same job cheapier, and he works through shitty agency. Even if that fucker knows just basic English and actually can't do his job. I took 3 weeks off now, and I don't think my machine will be properly working after his Romanian technosorcery kicks in. Not my problem tho.

My dad's a boomer, and I'm thankful everyday that he is no where near this out of touch.

That's why you're supposed to start working these kinds of places when you're young. They don't require any skills and they can teach you a lot more than you would think if you've never held a job before.

>to aim for having fun every day is the way to go for.
I don't understand just how privileged of a world you have to live in to still hold this mindset.

>got a job at McD's at 16
>realize poor people are idiots and unpleasant to be around
>work hard so I never have that type of job ever again
Best lesson I lever learned.

>not being a successful entrepreneur
c u c k e d

/thread

This is the key. These early shit jobs (when you are young) aren't about making a living where you're working.

They're about....

... learning HOW to work
... becoming your own person outside of your home and parents
... learning how to work with people you like and don't like.
... building habits of hard work and promptness.
... learning the joy of earning your own money.

Now that they've done away with paper routes for kids, summer jobs are your best shot.

I did the whole work thing, until one day i saw death as an equivalent. Since then I took out all my savings, quit my job and essentially risked my life to make it with trading.
First with stocks, now with primarly with crypto. If I become broke and wont have any sources of income any more I may as well be dead, because the alternative is too cruel.

I take out profit regulary, so I wont have to work ever again.

its death or my way

Hey, don't look at me. I got my first job at 8 and retired at 45

I actually understand when people are settling for factory job. It's actually very comfy, when you get accustomed to it. The best thing, you don't have to service people like in fucking McDonald. You work in team, do your job every day. In shitty work conditions, only mentally sturdier people stay. Usually because they are mental, right into /pol/ territory. It's fun to bring the bantz, when you know you don't have to care about feelings of some faggot. But yeah, I am just saving money to invest in my own project, I'm definitely not staying.

this is bullshit.

i worked at a warehouse. got picked on because i wasnt country hick enough and the boss had it out for me since day one. company of favoritism.

before that i worked at resturants and had to deal with fuck crazy dudes that came from the army. one even put a knife to my throat while i was washing dishes and the shitty people that worked there always threw dishes to me splashing water everywhere during rush hours and the washer wouldn't work half the time had a ex felon quit on me halfway through. had a server girl slut it up infront of everyone around and when i jokingly made a move she complained to the manager about it.
its not the work, its the fucking people that make it miserable. people who had kids and cant afford them, druggies, entitled shits. doesnt matter if you do a good job, the pays the same.

best r9k meme of 2017 2bh champ

translation: I can't keep a job

Dad, I went up to the counter and they keep telling me to apply online, no matter how many times I try to shake their hands, what do I do?

shoo shoo

Take off your pants and dance

A job is only a job. What matters in life is friends and family and having a roof over your head. Everything else is just noise.

>realize poor people are idiots and unpleasant to be around
i didnt need a job to figure that one out. you mustve been a white boy from the suburbs.
heres something that youll learn that i learned in my 20s
welfare is a trap and it will grow bigger

Of course it is. The democrats are still the party of slavery, all that has changed is the plantation.

College is far more expensive than a sports car and I'm sure you would have fucking failed.

>Be me circa 2009
>Onsitis of 3 years breaks contact with me because she cheated on her boyfriend with a mutual friend, and knowing how I felt about her she didn't want me to see that
>Was already suicidal and apathetic towards life in general so nail in the coffin
>Drop out of college
>Don't give a fuck about life
>See /g/ raving about buttcoins
>Decide why the fuck not, I've got nothing to live for, pour all my money into it
>Got good gains from it, but mom and dad kick me out thinking I'm falling for some Ponzi scheme and my imaginary money is embarrassing
>Have to sell buttcoins in 2011 to have money for an apartment
>Think I'll just work to get a decent saving and reinvest into buttcoins
>Living paycheck by paycheck saving what I can
>By the time I have money to buy, buttcoins already at ATH
>Dad called me a few months ago excited about hearing Bitcoin on the news lately and asking how much I made
>Suddenly mom and dad want to repair relationship with me and act nice

I put all of my funds into this dip. I'll probably kill myself unless I make millions (I won't). My parents probably think I'm a millionaire despite this crash because they know I got in when it was less than $10; when I kill myself I plan to send them a flash drive encrypted with a $0 wallet in it. The wallet doesn't matter, I'll make the password "Something you know I find special to me" when really it'll be gibberish. My filthy skank of a mom and cocksucker father will rip their hair out trying any and every password combo feeling like they're just 1 keyword away from being rich.

Fuck this life.

youre going to have to wait 10-15 years to reach the ATH again from last year.

dont go all in on buying the dip

>College is far more expensive than a sports car
Stop living in a third world shithole like america.

Holy shit man I feel for you. Awful fucking parents. If you make it you should call them up and tell them you sold all your bitcoins to live because they kicked you out.

Not long after I graduated with a degree in Accounting w/Finance minor, I got a shitty accounting job making $12 an hour about a year and a half ago. I applied to 450 jobs, and only got 7 interviews (98% failure rate). When I called my boomer Mom and told her I got the job, the first words out of her mouth were "what health insurance do they give you?" I shit you not. My dad isn't much better.

My co-worker takes vacation and personal days to care for her daughter whenever she's sick. Her daughter is 24 years old. How the fuck do you take a sick day to care for your 24 year old daughter? No she doesn't have a disability or anything, her daughter works a full time job and generally does her own thing; but she can't drive so needs money to drive her place to place. I know my mom and dad were shit but holy fuck is that the opposite end of the spectrum.

It made me happy to see my grandparents make it to their 90's and scold my boomer relatives for being such shitty, wimpy parents. Even though it was kinda their fault.

dog bless america

fuck off dad

Dad I fucking told you I'm a software engineer I'm very comfortable financially

>my dad keeps telling me computers are a fad and making "doodads for them" isn't gonna be a job in a few months

REEEE

Boomers are fucking retarded. Got a job working 1 day a week as a test engineer. Dad asked me why I didn't get a job at an Amazon slave warehouse that pays the same in 5 days of work. They still haven't realized the system that supported them has been destroyed by their generation's greed, stupidity and laziness.

feelsbadman

>cars are just a fad, they'll never replace horses
why do old people always get stuck in the past?

out fucking skilled

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA