What are you doing with your stocks tomorrow? Selling or holding? Coinfags need not apply

I'm considering putting a stop loss on some of my bigger stocks that I've invested in and if it triggers, selling off and waiting for the market to drop lower and buying up some of the higher quality stocks on the cheap.

People who try to time the market lose out the most

That's true, but I don't think it is unreasonable to assume that tomorrow is going to be another day of panic at wall street.

I'd sell a few shares and see how the day goes. It could be panic or some Jews could start buying.

holding
time in beats timing everytime

Selling my stocks, and holding crypto.

Duuuuhhhhhhhhh.....

I understand you want to sell because it can go lower but isn't it that very thinking that creates a domino effect?

Thinking about dumping my AT&T stock just to put a feeler out there.
So you don't think having a stop loss at any level is a smart move?

just hold and wait for it to recover

the fact you didnt sell before friday means you already missed out and theres not shit you can do about it but sit and wait for it to correct

Buy guns, gold and food.

This is a recession at best. Collapse at worst.

Sell paper, buy gold

I sold my stocks 6 months ago for crypto

holding
It'll recover, and by the time that happens I'm still waiting out capital gains tax anyway

Fucking efficient market principle. I invest 15% of my paycheck into index funds. Perhaps I'll save money and invest more during the dip.

Holding.
I can't think of a reason to sell any of investments based off of fed/inflation rate speculation.

Precious metals for the most part are a meme that I will not participate in.
A majority of my stocks have good dividend payouts, I don't have preferred stock so depending on how bad things get it might not matter.
Index funds are a smart and safe route to go, i've always found them boring and slow though. Part of the reason I got into investing was to take a few big risks here and there. All the money I have invested is completely disposable, but that is just my personal preference. Probably just going to hold my stocks, and buy more if they hit below the 52 week low.

>tfw found a gold brick from my great great grandpa
>worth over 500k

Wat do

NIGGA I GOT NO CLUE IM FUCKING TERRIFIED

I got $9,100 sitting in my IRA in a cash fund for a time like this, but i leave for a week tomorrow to the side of a mountain with no cell service so I can only place bids now and hope. I also have like 43k in my TSP in the C fund and 3k in the S fund with $800 dropping in the S fund every month. What the fuck do I do? I was thinking of buying an S&P or DJIA Mutual Fund but I just don't know. Help me Veeky Forums, give me an option that lets me buy the dip while having a reasonable expectation that ill see returns

I'm still young and have plenty of time to recover, if you are a day trader then I guess a stop loss would be a good idea but if you sell everything for what you put in then you can break even and then buy when it starts bottoming out to maybe make a little more when it does recover.
I'm no financial genius obviously.

sell it and buy tron, duh, shits on sale

I absolutely loathe mutual funds personally, but they are a hell of a lot safer in this environment then picking and choosing individual stocks to invest in. If you can afford to hold and still buy at the dip, I think that would be a good option.
I prefer to day trade because I have a 401k through work already, it's a hell of a lot more exciting, but way more risky. I'm probably just going to hold and dip into my savings to buy if things continue to get worse.

Hold, Gold is about to moon mission

Main and Roth IRA.
I'm on margin, but I'm going to hold. No more margin after this, only uncertainty lies ahead.

Forgot image.

Ouch! Really seems pointless to sell at that point. I am waiting to see if Ford's stock is going to drop below $10. if it does i'm probably going to drop a grand in it. Also, there is always toilet paper and garbage disposable to invest in during a potential recession that has always seemed to do well.

reallocated my stocks/bonds from 85/15 to 20/80.

That seems to be the trend right now.

I was holding cash for the first 2 weeks of January because I was expecting this correction, but I didn't want to miss out on earnings season. I bought IBM and then saw lots of companies, including IBM, which beat earnings but fell afterwards.

Every time I go against my first instinct, I get burned by fear or greed.

looking at an ETF, IWF right now. might set a buy for market open of 67 shares and let it ride

TETF actually looks fairly consistent lately, I have been looking at it for a couple of days.

>stock market is gonna open 1000 down
Sell idiot. Sell and cut your losses. You are already thinking about it.

These times are only for the people who can wait another 5-10 years to see a return. That's the truth.

With so many people who think holding is the way to go, what do you have to say to those people?