Tfw thought this was the dumbest decision of my life when I did it

tfw thought this was the dumbest decision of my life when I did it.

>now it was the smartest decision.

If I knew you were going to make one of these meme threads I wouldn't have made a real one.

Someone shill me either on Trezor or Ledger Nano S.

LOCKED IN
O
C
K
E
D

I
N

Is this a fucking meme?

Who in their right mind is going to buy your overpriced coins when you try to cash out?

Thanks gonna buy 1 btc and lock it in at 6k. That way I can sell it at 6k when btc is worth 20k and liquidate some virgin who went on 100x leverage.

trezor

How does that even work

>doesn't understand the mechanics of locking

not gonna make it kid, this is crucial

>he doesn't understand blockchain tech
The price is locked into the distributed ledger and unlocked at a later date

i locked my stock in on a nano s as well as my crypto. i don't understand why everyone else didn't do this.

>tfw locked in at 18k
/comfy/

It is a meme. This shit is worthless and I cannot even start to understand why would someone actually believe it. Is this greater fool theory at work or what?

my nano ledger coming this march to protect my worthless coins

it doesn't. retarded forced meme, like most of the gay shit that's posted here

trezor forces you to trust the company, the manufacturer, all of the manufacturer's employees, the seller you bought it from, the delivery company and all it's employees, etc

trezors have no built in security against bad actors having physical access to the device, and it can be trivially backdoored, and you cant even open it to see if its been tampered with, because trezor welded it shut, because they know if someone opens it it's game over.

with ledger you also have to trust ledger the company, and the manufacturer of their secure chips, but that's it. the chip ensures that software only ledger signs off on has access to your private keys, and theyre so confident in the physical security of their devices, you can open the back to check it yourself.

the only benefit of trezor is their online wallet software, but it also doesnt support many shitcoins.

Nice man. Where do you sell these at this price? ;)

I think it's actually BECAUSE I understand how the blockchain works that I don't understand how you can "lock in" a coin's value.

Can someone please explain how this is even possible?

imagine being this dense
it doesnt trade btc for 13k, you lock your wallet until btc meets 13k
1. its a security measure ensuring nobody who even gets your wallet stuff can withdraw until the requirements are met
2.it prevents weak hands from selling because they scared

Nice work OP.

I downloaded the right firmware for the locking feature. So glad I did it earlier.

Oh my god you dumb fucks, when you lock in the price of your btc, it exchanges it to tether at that moment, nobody needs to buy anything because it's already been bought by bitfinex with tether.
It could not be more fucking obvious as to how this could possibly work. I'm so ashamed you fucking morons can't piece together something so damn simple. Anybody that asks how locking in the price of your btc would be possible you don't deserve to play the crypto game. Your dumb get the fuck out of here.

On that note, congrats on locking in at a decent price mate!

This. Why would anyone pay $13k for bitcoin right now. I swear you guys are fucking idiots sometimes

Thanks man. Is ordering it from Amazon safe enough or should I get directly from their website?

Best investment I ever made next to Bitcoin itself.

Locked in at 17.5k

>how this is even possible?
you SMASH DAT LOKK

> i understand the blockchain blah blah blah
there's that fag talk again

fucking nolockers. haven't you been brfo enough already?

Your btc is locked into a smart contract. This is not rocket science.
This is essentially what RSK does except locking in Trezor doesn't give you the ability to use the worth.

damn bro, that is a solid lock congrats many wishing they had your foresight

you can get a ledger nano s from anywhere (avoid the blue, its shit), just make sure you actually set it up yourself, and dont fall for the pajeet-tier scam of putting a mnemonic in the box that the scammer has access to.

if you want to buy a trezor (you shouldnt, you should build it yourself if you want to use commodity hardware), only buy it directly from trezor and try and use the most secure shipping possible. though i still wouldn't trust the device myself.

holy fuck i hate this board

>trusting the internet with your bitcoins
only buy from your neighborhood bootleg guy
it's the only way to be secure

if you live in europe apparently you can just go to france and buy one directly from ledger's hq

You sell it and store your USD in a bank at 13k

Thanks man. Going to get it now.

Truly we are living in the cyber punk dystopian future.

you must cultivate your inner strength

>he doesn't know about trezor instant cash-out

>tfw locked in at $84.7k
I actually have to wear diapers now to contain my constant ejaculations

just make sure you have a foolproof plan for storing the backup mnemonic or all the physical security benefits the ledger has over the trezor are meaningless.

I looked at the Tezor, but it didn't seem worth it.

$150 for the hardware key, to hold $3 in coin

I used my Trezor to lock in the price of Enron at $40/share. I made a lot of money by people coming to me after the crash and selling through me ... for a hefty fee of course. :P

>you press lock
>Your btc is sent to a multi-sig wallet (one for the hardware wallet, one for you)
>the price is recorded on the ledger
>trenzor essentially buy the bitcoins off you at that locked price (not really tho because they are locked)
>when you unlock it you have the option to either unlock your bitcoin from the multisig wallet or give the bitcoin to trenzor

can i buy your trezor for 10k? easy 10k for you, easy 3k for me :)

can confirm.
selling Bear Stearns and Lehman Bros for BTC.

cypherpunk*

smart contract and futures

You know tether is working with Trevor to implement this? It's on the tether update

His btc are gen 19 which are more valuable than the current gen of btc (21)

Make sure to save a few for this fantastic deal, still on the internet as of yesterday

based trevor

Okay so then if you locked in your btc at 13k, decided to sell say, now, Trezor itself will buy your coins at the price you've locked in at even if they're worth less half that right now?

can't cuddle a bitcoin ;)
and a tulip bulb becomes a pretty flower!

Fuck it, I’ll help you guys out. If you send me your $6k Bitcoin, I’ll send you some of my $16k bitcoin. But only doing this for the next two people!

M E M E

trezor dont buy shit, they just find someone to buy locked btc through exchanges that are partnered with trezor

go read gdax's API documentation, they have a few specific methods for this kind of matchmaking between cross wallets

do you really think so?

>blockchain tech
>lockchain tech
>not understand how to lock in your price

Yep, Trezor will buy them from you. After that, they can either send them into the future to sell when the price has recovered, or send them back to when the price was last at that level.

Win win.

Exactly

They buy them when you lock them and when you unlock you get the money from trezor or the bitcoin back.

someone redpill me on the dong cage
why does he wear the mask

poo color id confirmed pajeet

how do you lock in prices? I thought it was just a meme

n-no?

>poo color id confirmed pajeet
wait there are street shitters here?
eeeew.

>trezor discontinues their price api
>locked out forever
WOW, GREAT CONCEPT

> Buy 10000 Trezors
> "lock in" price for $1 million per BTC
> Buy the company.
> get rid of the feature.

Reminds me of the phone app that locks out your ex-girlfriends number during a certain time range, assuming you'd be drunk and knowing that no good could possibly come from that phone conversation.

if your ex doesn't block your number then you're doing it wrong.

Wait explain this to a no coiner
Why is this a physical hardware device?

so it can physically lock your coins at a physical price of course

you use a pendrive to store data right?
you can also use it to store crypto, because they are also data

A compromise which creates a physical separation between the internet and your encryption keys.

More secure than keeping your accounts on a web site.

(probably) less secure than keeping your bitcoin in a room where you roll around naked on them all day dreaming of lambos.

>falling for a meme this hard

wait the locking mechanism sells my coins for tether? what if I want to withdraw the coins?

and how do you intend to withdraw the coins if you locked them up you fucking cock?

seriously I'm done trying to explain basic stuff to nocoiners

can someone link me a youtube vid on how to successfully lock in? I am trying to help my parents, they told me their friends already locked in

nice, you guys interested in a sales job?

kek

top fucking kek all your BTC is locked until it goes back up to $13k which could take years when you could of just sold it and rode the dips up to $13k like everyone who makes a profit here does

>it exchanges it to tether
So they stole it?

Buy it directly from low feedback sellers on ebay

Unlocked in 2024

fucking scurbby nolockers
/thread