Hey Veeky Forums, I'm a low level officer at a financial services company you've heard of...

Hey Veeky Forums, I'm a low level officer at a financial services company you've heard of. Are you aware that we have entire giant chat rooms dedicated to tracking and coordinating corporate strategy on crypto and blockchain technologies? You as a collective are literally trying to beat a market where your competition not only has far more capital than you, but also has some of the most brilliant engineers in the world on full time payroll making 400k+. Why did you think this was a good idea?

Also ask me anything I guess, I'll answer as long as the questions aren't specific enough to root out who I am.

Why do you think it is so complex to buy low and sell high?
Don't answer that: its because you have to make promises to clients. We don't.

Lol you fuckers cant even hedge your stocks correctly. Not worried at all of your group of business majors circle jerking in a chat room.

brilliant people usually work for themselves, those are your competition.

you have a bunch of "brilliant" wage cucks, lol.

Fundamentally I don't even disagree, but high performing algos to buy low and sell high aren't exactly easy to come by. It has nothing to do with clients however, the fact that we hold and trade crypto isn't public knowledge, it's all rolled into R&D along with things such as investigating blockchain as a means of distributing the public ledger.

>t. call center shift manager at BAC

how many quants do you employ and what does it take to get in?

Gee, entire chat rooms? Wow

Very clearly written by someone who’s never worked in financial services.

2/10 LARP

I kind of agree, and long term just want to start my own business. The brilliant engis I'm talking about though are mostly software engineers poached from successful research labs, I've known quite a few of those types and they aren't exactly the entrepreneurial type, they just want cool problems to solve, while getting paid enough to never worry about anything.

How is the whole gang-raping-women-on-a-bus thing going for you?

I don't think call center people are ever corp officers, even managers. I don't know though, I'm in tech.

lol

I wouldn't even bother unless you have a data science degree or are willing to take a non quant job and hustle your way in. So many people in tech are trying to move into quant internally that external candidates basically have no chance. We're international and I don\t have the numbers globally, but for my local area there is literally a team of 9 and I've heard at least 15 coworkers talking about wanting to move there. The supply outstrips the demand.

I give it a 3/10 larp.

everyone with a pulse gets officer at a bank. you know, funds dispersal and all. jesus.
and there's a difference between corporate officers and bank officers. and you're not on anybody's board.
apply yourself larper.

yeah, which is why I buy early, diversify, and hodl

trying to beat you faggot autistics is impossble, so I just wait for you to do the work of manipulating the market for me

The irony of these posts is that it's not a LARP, I'm just feeling frisky due to a vague thing an HR exec did in regards to said crypto group.

How much money has your alleged institution thrown into security tokens like Polymath or Moria that pays dividends?

Please shut the fuck up you son of a nigger whore crack addict son of a whore bastard. You have no idea how often I was a wallstreet insider / Exchange owner on Veeky Forums. Like you said, you are low level. And you are not able to stop this bubble burst with your larp.

Enjoy your bags loser

so is this whole market movement coordinated? whats the scoop

I only invested 2% of my portfolio in crypto because I'm not an idiot. My pension is literally larger than my crypto holdings, which are still double what I bought in at. That said, my crypto is long term hodl because otherwise I can be dinged for 'day trading' + the IRS will tax it to hell.

Fuck no, prevailing opinion at this point seems to be that crypto is going to chase the major exchanges. I'm not sure how much I buy that, but I'm also holding on to the liquidity I have just in case.

AH AH AH
You'd have to be a dumbass to want to be a quant in 2018.
It used to be big in the 1990s when they hired physicists to do that shit. But then there was a bubble where "quants" were mass-produced. It's literally filled with Pajeets and Chinks who end up doing mundane boring risk analysis.

wait, you employ data scientists to do quant finance lol? are these desk quants? Are you mostly developing alpha models for crypto? or are you into smart beta and all of that shit?

not sure what you mean by crypto is gonna chase the major exchanges..

you thinking of bank quants lol