Legal question re: sale of not-for-resale items

Legal question re: sale of not-for-resale items.

So I bought a bunch of Arby's customer complaint cards (free combo meals) on eBay. Like...several hundred of them. I assume I purchased off some manager or other employee who lifts them to resell for extra cash. They do have a line of fine print saying they can't be sold/traded/etc but who the fuck cares. Between friends, family, and I, we've used probably 20-30 in the past few weeks without issue.

Today, I listed them for sale on a local FB group (as I have no need for 500+ combo meals). Almost immediately, a bunch of stay-at-home moms and Arby's employees freaked the fuck out and reported me. An Arby's "director of regional operations" even left a comment that "someone would be in contact" with me, and he put out an APB to every Arby's in the tri-state to not accept these cards (I have screenshots of his texts to several managers).

Just now, I received a text message from someone wanting to buy $200 worth (weird, as I was only selling them in $10 and $30 increments and made no claim that I had more than 10 total). I googled the phone number, and it's registered to a fuckin' attorney that works for Arby's. IDK whether to troll the fuck outta the guy or not.

What the fuck, if anything, can they do about it? I haven't sold shit and the listing was posted from a fake FB account with a google voice number not linked to me. I have proof where I purchased from someone else. Last I checked, not-for-resale only applied to the initial owner. I'm trying to come up with ideas how to troll this attorney tomorrow.

Would like some input on this.

Other urls found in this thread:

thesmokinggun.com/documents/internet/fbi-busts-Veeky
thebalance.com/what-is-coupon-fraud-940213
couponsinthenews.com/2017/11/17/22-walmart-employees-arrested-in-coupon-fraud-case/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Best advice, enjoy your free food. Tell the attorney your mom pointed out the fine print and you're sorry you can't deal.

Ask him what he's thinking

this is terrible legal advice

>Arby's corporate lawyer
More likely than not they think you're an employee and want to squash your ass ASAP. That lawyer earns more per day than the cash value of your entire stack... they wouldn't be pursuing you this hard if there wasn't some end game.

Don't troll. Be glad you used fake accounts, google voice number, etc. and enjoy your months of combo meals.

>now send some to my wallet

Lead him on a wild goose chase

Thanks just comped 100k

> posted on Cuckbook
> Arby's attorney calls you

This is why you lose, having your phone number on Cuckbook

Read the post

Not corporate. It's just some local attorney in the middle-of-fucking-nowhere rural midwest that's associated with a regional franchisee "dba Arby's".

If you want some combo meals, they sell them on eBay for like $1-2 each. I've had $8-$9 smokehouse pork belly and half pound sliced steak combos almost every night this week.

We don't have Arby's in my country, is it good? I'm amazed an employee managed to lift them unnoticed.

Right... You think Google numbers can't be traced? Lol

Do you go to the same restaurant each time?

It's alright. Combo meals can run upwards of $10+ (one of the most expensive fast food chains in the U.S.) and pretty greasy, gives me the meat sweats/shits. They're about the only fast food place that isn't just hamburgers, though.

I've alternated between three local ones.

You're talking to marshviperX here. Regardless, what laws have I broken?

I gotta say, your bathroom is fucking disgusting. Do all Trump supporters live like filthy pigs?

Anyway, don't respond to that guy. Pull your ads down. You probably can't get legally fucked in any way, but better safe than sorry.

You purchased that shit fair and square. You didn't sign anything, there's no contract or whatever... it's not your fault someone sold that shit to you against company policy. But, they will harass you, and that is annoying.

Disappear for a little and then get back to selling them under the radar.

tell him youll only take dogecoin and youll do a dead drop

omg, pic is literally you, thanks for the laff u retard

Tell him to meet you in a dark alley and to bring cash. When you meet up with him search him for any recording devices.

If he brings the cops just tell him its a prank. Works everytime

>he put out an APB to every Arby's in the tri-state

you're a king in my eyes

pic related.

An arby's employee sent this to me.

ok, so people actually eat this dogshit?

How much did you pay for 500+ combo meals?

Also as a lawfag I would caution you that buying them isn't inherently illegal, but actually using them with the knowledge that they were obtained in such a way may fall under your state's fraud statute. I'd be careful if I were you.

What's your favourite combo meal at Arby's user?

Do you think you are some kind of gangster because you have arby's coupons? I don't get it.

I'm guessing this is all you own white trash pos

Yeaaa you fucked yourself.

Facebook? Jesus christ, man. No wonder you've got a MAGA hat.

How are there this many braindeads in a first world country? Can we please use some tax money on education for once? Fuck.

tell the lawyer you've got bigger fish on the hook and will only be accepting offers of 10k or more

Tell the lawyer his mom was good in the sack.

>king cobra

my nigger

What, you think Arby's is gunna sue you for selling their coupons? The fine print on a fucking coupon isn't a binding contract holy shit. They worse they can legally do is ban you from their store (which they can then call the cops, if you enter the store, for trespassing).

>Using kikebook at all

Are we supposed to be impressed with the fake $100 bills?

And before you sperg out, yes they are fake, they're the wrong size, color, they're washed out, and they have the same serial number as the one that's used everywhere, FF 95594731 A

If they are fakes, you can get arrested, just because they accepted them doesn't mean they're not fakes

thesmokinggun.com/documents/internet/fbi-busts-Veeky Forums-man-extreme-couponing-098561
thebalance.com/what-is-coupon-fraud-940213
couponsinthenews.com/2017/11/17/22-walmart-employees-arrested-in-coupon-fraud-case/

Iris pattern is the same as a finger print.
The FBI has software to match your iris to DMV records in your state.

Not a trump supporter. I only bought the hat for a steeleworldwide cosplay. pic related, malt liquor.

Like I said, people are selling them on eBay for $1-$2 (or less if you make a best offer). I purchased on eBay, seller made no claims that they were stolen, fake, or any other b/s.

I have a dual bachelors in business and cs. I make 2x as much selling lube and ink cartridges on eBay than I did as an IT director for several fortune top 100 companies.

DESU I like their farmhouse crispy chicken salad more than anything. If I'm feeling like a fatass, the pork belly or brisket sets me straight.

obligatory pic related

they'll probably
>1. try to scare you into giving the things back to them
or (worst case scenario)
>2. try to charge you with receiving stolen goods, which is a felony i think based on the value of the goods stolen, since only stores are able to hand these out, literallly the only way you have them is that you stole them (which they could'nt prove) or that you purchased or in some way acquired them from someone who did (which the fact that you have in your possession indicates)

it's like you had my lawnmower that got stolen last summer for sale on craigslist, i can't prove you took it, but i can prove you own it now

the fact that these things say "do not sell" on them means you KNOW you're doing something illegal, unless you claim you're illiterate, which you now isn't gonna fly

Or get charged with fraud/counterfeiting.

yup, point is they'll try to pin something on him which they'll get the police to handle, i.e. it's not a case of 'hey we're gonna sue u' it's more like 'hey we're gonna call the cops and have them arrest and try you'

it's not worth it imo, i'd trash them, or just keep using them discreetly as OP said he's been doing, you know, Arby's for lunch for the next few years lol

I am subscribed to Ron, sorry to leave you hanging. He's a good dude. Unique for sure, but I've mailed him a couple local brews that he's reviewed.

YTDC is weird.

Just reply you were hacked and you don't have any coupons

sell them for XMR only :^)

I legit never thought of this. How do you tell the good ebay listings from the shit ones?

This is easily my favorite thread on Veeky Forums user. You look young as hell though how do you have 2 degrees/already been working?

I'm a lawfaggot and they will allege that you're committing some kind of fraud

Desu this is one of the best threads right now. Needed a break from all the fearmongering.

Have a cute Shida user.

They're absolutely real. I've gotten the same exact cards, same cardstock and finish, when I complained about the ghost pepper fajitas not being ghost pepper hot when they were a promo item in the last year or two.

I've google streetview'd the address of the person I bought them from, and it's a damn slum house with rusting cars in the backyard. Without a doubt, this is probably some employee who's stealing them.

America spends the most on education.

A lot of it is wasted on low IQ subhumans.

idk, i spend too much time on there and just get lucky i guess.

appreciate it homie but i'm far from young. i'm in my 30's. being short/skinny helps me keep pulling college age pussy though.

>bitcoin faggots so broke they're trying to scam Arby's

if the terms HUFF RAID
&
MOLOTOV EVERYTHING
mean anything to you, you are truly one of the brothers lost to the scattering of dead BBS

Ah damn, what made you decide Bach of business/comp sci? I'm in for those rn

Arby's sustains Ohio's economy. How much you sellin em for

No. Fake roast beef. Worst fast food chain besides Jack in the Box. Never eat that shit.

you must not be a southern californian if you dont like jack

too young to be there for it when it happened, but pretty aware of totse, cdc, etc relevent culture.

idk, i've sold shit at swap meets and ebay since I was like 8 yrs old and i spend a lot of time on the computer.

What the fuck

I don't know if you are brilliant or retarded

What is your favorite sandwich from Arby's?

It's worth it to see all my coins in the shitter if it means we get threads like this.

>Would like some input on this.
Stop trying to be gangsta. You don't have the acumen for it.

In the screencap you goa

Nigga we're the same age, hail &T
If you know where the current good Bad Ideas place is, hook a brother up

I’m not a southern Cali burnout commie, no. I am jealous of their In and Out burger though. The best fast food in existence.

it was a good LARP but you gave yourself away on this post

Here in mormon AZ jack was literally the only place open late at night, there food is overpriced shit but those 1$ tacos are good if your poor

??? i'm not trying to flex.

Ignore. Delete posts. Change number. Pretend like never happened.

Easy. Also don't sell shady shit on FB u fckin tard.

lmao just looked closer at op pic. top thread lad

They really ought to have a true 'options market' for supermarket items. I mean you go to the grocery store website, buy some options with various strike prices and various expiration dates, and the store should offer spot market on all items, with a 3-day to 1-week lead-time on 'taking delivery' to ensure store shelves are not left barren.

Imagine buying everything on the supermarket's exchange on each trading pair, clicking 'take delivery' on immediately demanded quantities bought, and *then* going to the store physically after a few days and using those 'delivery claims' in trade for selected foods and items? How about printing that option out and utilizing it at checkout (and it thus disappears from your account)? That's all a 'coupon' from a store is, an option.

dipshit. arby's have eye retinal scanning technology