When did you start your first succesful bussiness and what was it? In my case i started a local gym chain at 18

When did you start your first succesful bussiness and what was it? In my case i started a local gym chain at 18.

Other urls found in this thread:

finviz.com/quote.ashx?t=STON
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Franchise or indie?

I started a media production company that went out of business in 18 months.

How to start a business?

Just started doing paid photography gigs. Money for a hobby i'd do for free so id say its successful

I took over a failing airsoft retail store from my dad in 2007 with about $10,000 in inventory. I flipped it into $1M gross in 4 years, had a family feud with my dad once he saw the success and left.

Since then I have started my own web design company, firearms manufacturing company (AK's in a small shop), and now have a small winery that's gaining some steam (1,000 case production)

How much does it cost to get into the winery business?

There's a lot of factors that go in to that.

It depends a lot on your location to wine growing regions, what your skills are, and how much cash, time, and energy you can throw at it. Bulk wine is actually not too expensive, and if you know what you're doing can make some nice blends that sell between $20-$50/bottle.

I was able to design my own brand, website, labels, go to college in winemaking, and make wine at the same time. I cut a lot of corners and knew the right people at the right time. I'm still struggling, but the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter.

TL;DR - you should come at it with no less than $25k

Fuck dude I hate that my dad is insecure when it comes to the business, he wont even listen to my suggestions at least your dad let you take the wheel. Though my dads biz is successful to a degree so theres more risk but I know it can be more successful if he would just take a suggestion. Any advice? How did you convince your dad that you can take over?

tell me more about your AKs

Also, started first business within the last year (turned 27 a few months ago). Going well, thus far.

He had two businesses - the airsoft store was a coy hobby that he never found a passion for. I did and demanded more and more. I was also fresh out of the Marines and was very aggressive and he stayed out of the way for the most part. It wasn't until the real money started flowing in that he got jealous and started a coup were he basically told all the employees to not take any more directions from me.

I know how hard family business is user, every family is different. Perhaps you should pitch specific projects with budgets and timelines. Once they start yielding positive results he may give you more control?

Congrats user - it's a brave new world when you're the master of your own domain.

I fortunately had a background at the SHOT Show from my airsoft experience and made some contacts there to start buying parts kits 2nd hand from the importer. I built from 80% flat blanks and sold at gun shows.

The margins are fucking tight in guns, and there's a whole level of shadiness that I didn't like. Plus, being a combat vet I became attached to every rifle and dreaded the thought that I might have to fight against my own creation someday.

Indie
In my case i sold a car i was gifted and with that money i rented and conditioned an old gym and started making money of it, later i bought the place and opened a second gym, there are 4 of them now.
That's really nice user. What did you do with the airsoft store to make it succesful?

A lot of it was timing in regards to market adoption and popularity. We were the first in my state, which helped us become one of the largest on the west coast. We cut out the middle man in as many places as possible, which padded the margins significantly. Plus, I was very active in the community and frequently sponsored games, events, and teams.

What's your idea? How can it be monetized? Once you do that register the URL and a LLC and you're in business

They should just change this board name to white people with privledge to be honest

wait to see if crypto enters a long term bear market. if it does this board will be full of people asking how to sell drugs or their own ass. so much for white people privilege

let me wrk for you faggot, i love me guns, +engineering major

>tainting such juicy looking goodness with alcohol

God, what a waste.

Haha I would have taken you up on that a few years ago, I've since let my FFL expire. Trust me, I wanted to do big things and needed an engineer with a HAAS CNC. But alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Get off your ass and make something of yourself. Buyers don't see skin color in ecommerce if you're really that self conscious about your race

I live in Memexico, and i wasn't rich nor i am now, it's mostly taking oportunities and luck. Puting yourself to work gives you more money than winning

If I had 500k USD and planned to move to LA, what business should I approach, with stagnant incomes and marginal profit

Fucking REEEEEEEEEEEE

Wine is God's gift to mankind - it is the only natural alcohol that should be drank. It requires no input such as water, malt, or hops. Study fermentation science and you'll realize how many foods are fermented and how they are amazingly great for your health.

Personally, I'd stay away from LA simply because of the cost of living and taxation. What is it you want to do? there are so many other business friendly states that won't tax you into oblivion

Buy 50 bee hives

Currently sitting at 300 hives and a commercial extraction setup and a truck.
Might sell when it reaches 1000 hives, they get good live export prices.

tai lopez was the "let these normies hold may bags" signal.

Any Anons experienced enough to give this new fag some advice about real estate?

doesn't it still require yeast?

Probably at 18, when I inherited property portfolio from my grandfather and grandmother. I do not have to work a single day in my life since then.

Just started my own business using funds from a separate holding which let's me basically do all I want with no personal risk. Planning to push that media company up for two years and then buy in myself.

Yeast or bacteria will eventually turn all grape juice in to alcohol and then ultimately vinegar. It's just at what stage do you want to consume it? Saying that eating grapes with 20°Bx sugar is healthier than drinking wine with 12% alcohol is asinine

fuck you.

what businesses are always doing ok regardless of the market condition?

So far I only got funerary homes and I don't wanna do that. Maybe setting up a pharmacy?

I really enjoy my life since then. The only problem is I have now slept with so many women, I have problems finding actual partner. But I don't think I need one. I will breed with some russian 25 yo girl when I hit 45.

Did you inherit your Funerary homes?

timestamp or LARP

How does a bar or a night club pay ?

>funerary homes
You fucking idiots. Funeral homes are on decline. Did you not watch how StoneMor Partners L.P. is doing over the last few years?? You are sooo fucking stupid! All this fucking /biz section is super stupid, I can't even believe it.

You deserve to be poor.

finviz.com/quote.ashx?t=STON

No, trying to come up with businesses I can start. Came up with pharmacy but I got no starting capital.

Idk if we're heading towards a recession or what, but I wanna have something going on, if it's recession proof even better.