So when so many people lose so much money, is someone actually getting that money, or does it disappear forever?

So when so many people lose so much money, is someone actually getting that money, or does it disappear forever?

Its going to the people who sell you retard

What the fuck do you think retard?

Wrong - actual value is being destroyed.

If 100 people have coin X which was last sold for $10 then total wealth is 1,000

If the last sale price drops to $5, then total wealth is $500

That is pure value destruction

Went to people who sold at the top.

Yes money is actually dissappearing. If I buy BTC at 10k and it goes to 5k, that means half my money has actually vanished, so the whole Bitcoin ecosystem is now worth 50% less.

The guy who got in at $3K and sold at $15K is the one who cashed in the value that you are now losing as you sell at a loss.

The realization of an increase or decrease in value doesn't happen linearly, in terms of time, but yes, it happens. The value is not being "destroyed." It got cashed in by the people who sold at the higher points.

I know thiis board is retarded and financially-illiterate, but my god.

>I fill 1000 bags with shit
>I sell two of those bags for 10$.
>I now have $9980.

If the market volume for bags of shit is big enough, yeah

Jesus FUCKING Christ I can't stand this god damn board. I hope this shit crashes even further down so you literal retards will go the fuck away already.

brainlet

yes value disappears

the money never existed

i buy 1 btc for $10
Then my friend buys .1 btc for $10

marketcap just went x10 and only $10 was put in

It never existed OP

It's a tricky question to answer, because it depends on what you count as 'real'. The important idea here is that the dollar value on your voice (or on anything, really) is always a theoretical thing - it's what you could probably sell for, but to actually make that you'd need to find a buyer willing to pay it. What's "real" is the number of coins you have, and that doesn't change. In fact, unless today is the day you're choosing to sell, price is irrelevant.
The same sort of thing happened during the housing crash. If you live on a street if houses where each one costs $100,000 dollars, and one neighbor sells for $200,000, the nominal value of your home goes up, but you don't actually have any more house than you did before. When houses got foreclosed and sold for $50,000, your houses nominal value similarly drops, but it isn't like you have any fewer bedrooms or square footage.
Bottom line, wealth is only really lost when you sell at a loss, and only really gained when you sell at a profit.

When you hold something in a dream and you wake up it's not there it's sort of like that. So gone forever (untl you dream it/recovery happens again) Then its real. But only for the dream until you cash out. Then its in real life.

The money was never really there. Your value was the price of the last trade times the amount you hold. If you sell into the book it literally lowers the price for everyone.

Is your picture ironic?

Welcome to the manure industry.

but what if the house will never get the old value. u are justed 4 ever

if you want to sell your house... but if you live there, you have the same value of convenience (and might even win financially, lower property taxes)

thats right. but in terms of crypto.. btc price depends in releation to USD. so the value for buying things or storing your "value" with bitcoin can not be the same if btc price goes down. am i right?