I'm looking to make the leap from engineering to starting my own company, can you guys rec any good business books?

I'm looking to make the leap from engineering to starting my own company, can you guys rec any good business books?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!1R0QATqZ!Eb1_M5KC9gkxK6w32R2ETw
warroommastermind.com/form/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

get an idea and just make it happen, less reading more action.

What kind of business ? What kind of expertise do you have ? Where are you based ? It depends a lot, but in general you have to learn:

>Accounting
>Taxation
>Basic Investing and Finance
>Basic corporate strategy
>Basic marketing and understand the value chain
>Capital Structure
>Management

Can someone explain the hot girl signal thing to me plz

Do you know any resources to learn about that?

anri is built for niggers

Thanks man, I've been flirting with this idea for a while, and I think I'm almost ready to make a go of it.

No one who talks knows what he is talking about.

Some books for business general from industry leaders.

Jay Abraham - Sticking Point Solution
Dan Kennedy - Direct Marketing
80/20 Principles
Any resources to these people in general:
Jay Abraham
Dan Kennedy
Gary Halbert
Gary Bencivenga
David Ogilvy
Eugene M. Schwartz
Claude Hopkins
John Caples
Robert Collier
Joe Sugarman
Vic Schwab
Eben Pegan
Russel Brunson
Joe Karbo
Vincent James
John Reese
Frank Kern
Ryan Deiss
Todd Brown
Drew Eric Whitman
Robert Cialdini
Tony Robins
Michael Masterson
Grant Cardone
Bryan Tracy
Napoleon Hill
Neil Rackham
Frank Bettger
Jeffrey Gitomer
Chet Holmes

By the way when you in a business, you are not in business of let's say.. jewellery. You are in the business of marketing jewellery.

It's 90% marketing and 10% expenses I tell you

Thanks man. I just need to figure out which of my skills I can sell the best, or if I should make a product.

Consulting is when you use your interpersonal skills and past experience. Selling a product is easier since you don't have to get in contact with the customer that much.

However testing and market research is required, if let's you want to reach 50k/month then prepare to bust your ass till the 50k mark.After that scaling is not an issue,the only problem people face is 1.lack of capital and 2.missing knowledge/experience.

I just need to find a product, that's what I always get stuck on.

By the way 2 of my favorite red pill books are:

The Millionaire Fastlane and Think and Grow Rich.

So I would start with these and then go into Jay Abraham's stuff and Dan Kennedy's resources.

You first need to ask yourself some questions.
1.How will I promote my product
2.What tools I can use to find out about my competition
3.How do I find what is working?
4.What funnel will my potential customer go through when buying from me .

Let me give you a little blueprint:
Have 10k lying around?
>Yes, move to step 2
>No ,get a job and save up
Step 2
Best platform to advertise products today?
Facebook
Easiest way to create an online store?
Shopify. Magento ,Sqaure
Dropship products?
Aliexpress or just contact other suppliers and make a deal.
Best emailing list auto-responder?
Infusion Soft,Aweber etc

Go for an MBA
know people , find partners
and then start a business
I started mine after engineering. Was a bad decision

What did you try to do?

I know many people who are successful but all they had is their high school diploma.

So I don't know where you're coming from

But I agree that you need some connections

I started a healthy meal prep service for fitness freaks
There is no such service in my city , infact no such thing exists in the country I live in, so it was a novel idea

>Like a virgin by Richard Branson
>Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham
>Competitive Strategy by Michael Portar
>Rhonda Byrne The Secret
>The power of habits
>Tony Robbins Money Master
>The 100$ Startup
>The executive checklist

Its gonna take me sometime to write up the books for business foundations but hold on

Out of curiosity could I ask your net worth?
Also would you recommend the 4 hour work week?

How much market research did you do? Did you test with an MVP before going all in?

I agree but you have to be a literal genius to make it work out
I'd say go for it, in the end if it doesnt work out you will still learn a lot and you can go for an MBA later

There is no 4 hours work week at the beginning my friend.That's only after you have a system in place which makes money on auto-pilot and you are just there to manage it.

Regarding my net worth, even if I say it ,I can guarantee no one will believe me and what good will it do anyway?

hey, Think and Grow Rich, youre my type of man
I'm just a pajeet third worlder making $10k off my graphic arts business and I want to earn $100k. Currently my main source of clients is google keywords targeted internationally
My problem is FB and google adsense is terribly overpriced compared to what I currently spend on marketing (relatively nil desu). Currently targeting more longtail keywords and increasing PR, but that shit takes time.
Any suggestions for me?

Yes I did
In fact I based my model upon the Lean Startup
Like I said you should do it if you feel it's worth and you can pull it off

more like 16 hours work days for 2-3 months

>Management by Mary Coulter
>Essential Business Communications Prentice Hall
>Managerial Economics in a global system McHill
>Advertising Execellence McHill
>E-marketing Prentice Hall
>Corporate Finance Essentials Ross
>Logistics and Supply chain management
>Business in a changing world McHill
>Money and Banking McGraw HIll
>Cost Accounting(Any author)
>Leadership Experience by RIchard L.Daft
>Consumer Behaviour Hawkins
>Organizational Behavior Robbins
>Managing Human Resourses Luis R Gomez
>Operations Management McHill
>Entrepreneurship, Theory Process and Practise
>Statistics for Business and Economics, Methods and Applications

agree. if you want your business to prosper you have to work on it until you get people to work on it for you (or it can be automated) as an entrepreneur making systems for your business is something underrated but provides a solid foundation which you can build upon and grow

I want MILK I WANT MIKK MILK MILK MALAK SLURPPP

I guess that speaks volume in itself. Were you always rich, how much did you start off with?

I've had around 5 business, my last one was my most successful repairing tech like smartphone screens in a shop I rented. Before was web design. I've managed to save around 20k over the years but idk what to do with it. I bought gold but that's not going to make me rich.

Also I should of explained, 4 hour work week is a book/ebook some user recommended.

Sounds like you need a value ladder set up and you're not squeezing your customers out of the money they are willing to give you.Very vague I know.

Expand in facebook, there are people spending 200k a week on advertising and making a lot of revenue.

So 3 steps I say
-Create a value ladder for existing cutomers
-Expand in Facebook
-Create a website/introduce more extra services to your clients and always try to upsell or downsell them something through email newsletters.

Girl is bad at pretending her knees are her tits.

Doz milkies look big
I putted my 1 feet benis in midal and u slurp slurp

I made 1k out of my startup and then put it all in crypto
now its 200k in 6 months

mega.nz/#F!1R0QATqZ!Eb1_M5KC9gkxK6w32R2ETw

Wtf I love bubbles now!!

I started off with 15k did some drop-shipping for a while and got a system running.

Then I began attending marketing summits and getting entries to VIP's section in order to meet industry leaders.We have like secret groups where we share information amongst each other.
Went in consulting and direct response marketing after that.

Is this a joke? None of those have anything to do with engineering and all of them are in higher supply than engineers.

Here is an example:
warroommastermind.com/form/

actually working on #3 and adding onto more service offers (but practically just doing the same thing) on my website. Value ladder is a great idea and I'll definitely brood over it

Do you have any specific tips for expanding on Facebook? My page has around 100k likes, mostly pajeet tier though

Well in facebook you can choose targeting, so for me personally I always go with US,CA,UK,AUS but I can't say for sure because I know nothing about your biz.Test and see what results you get.

Would you say the method of FBads>Shopify>Aliexpress still works? I made a store with all the trimmings but I was too scared to start putting in £500 ads incase I fucked it up. someone told me he spends 4 or 5 hundred on a new product to test the water.

It seems like it's all custom designed stuff that gets the most likes. posters, tshirts and stuff.

I actually get a lot of business from those countries
I should give this another try once my new website is up. thank you for the advice

$10k is enough to get an online store going

this is what I did with 112k budget

it works but you need to put effort in, A LOT OF EFFORT not kidding.Most people just do a really shit job and fail then go out and say it's fake, whilst spending not even 400 bucks.You need to spend before you get results.Some products are just not appealing so you need to test different products before you arrive at something which is profitable.

Istack training is good and Bartke 2017 Los Angeles Ecom courses are nice for starters, you can get them for for free by spending like $25 and torrenting them.

are you me?
I'm also a smart but lazy engineering student
I'd rather be running some sort of online based business but I'm not sure what exactly

Also just a general thing:

Others may get lucky,may be geniuses ,may inherit wealth, but we all have one thing which we are all capable of doing. That is to put effort in and work hard.

hard work without genius doesnt mean horseshit
Like you need to have social skils+ street smartness

You need to get in the right mindset and whilst not all of us have street smartness it can be acquired through time.

The general attitude is the following:

Fuck you guys I'm going my own way.

I mean no matter what you think you lack there is always something in you which makes up for it.

I'm not even kidding ,when I was a kid I always used to be introverted and now I get to talk to people normally somewhat.