Basic rules of investing - How not to be a retard

Ok I don't know if anyone has said this on this sub before, but I have to say this:

1. If you take a huge loan to invest in crypto or any other investments, you are a retard. Trust me, I have seen too many people committed suicide over taking loans to make risky investments since 2008. Please don't be one of the statistics.

2. If you don't spare 10% of your total assets as a safe security in case everything went south, you are a retard. Always prepare for the worst. Always spare 5-10% of your assets in a PHYSICAL storage you own, like gold/silver or even money papers. Don't trust institutions to store savings/gold/silver for you, because in case of bankruptcy/crisis you won't be able to take them out. This way, even if everything you invest collapse, even if you lose your job, even if the whole world economy collapse, you can still have something to live on.

3. The rest of 90% of your asset you HAVE to diversify. What you invest is up to you.

There I said it. I thought it is common knowledge but too many people still make basic mistakes and even commit suicide over them. Please value your money and your life.

Thank you, and have a good day.

Other urls found in this thread:

jmbullion.com/reportable-bullion-transactions-infographic/
vimeo.com/3843927
youtube.com/watch?v=TUpFTM5s4UA
youtube.com/watch?v=BtN17EGeVVA
cointelegraph.com/news/uks-royal-mint-launches-gold-backed-cryptocurrency
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"PHYSICAL storage you own" would you say a safety deposit box covers this?

I mean you store it IN YOUR HOME. Put it anywhere you want. Don't trust any institutions to store it for you.

bump

I'm 25 and have saved up several thousand that I could realistically invest. How does someone like me get physical assets? Go to a pawn shop and ask for $2000 of gold or something?

Getting into gold can't be overstated. My crypto bros, you can trade BTC for Gold Coins really easily and it's the best way to transition between crypto to normie world in my opinion.

Also, if you buy a bunch of gold when it's down like last year. You can actually make some money on your gold coins doing old school coin flipping.

It's a really good idea to buy a couple ounces of gold a couple times a year with your GAINZZZZ because it will make your life unbelievably easier.

Buy gold online for cash.

Google "buy gold" and there are tons of different kinds of gold. Gold bar/coin/etc. Buy the official ones first if you are new to the gold market. There are as cheap as $50.

jmbullion my dudes

I've bought literally tens of thousands of dollars of gold from them in the last two or three years. They're the best.

Where do I buy this stuff in leafland?

Google "Canada buy gold"

CIBC sells precious metals

Serious question from a normie who never had money:

what the fuck do you do with gold? Sit on it forever? Who's exchanging gold with you? If the world economy collapses and banks freeze, aren't you as fucked as anyone else?

Also Americans, there's a tax loop hole where any transaction for American Eagle coins aren't reported up to $10,000. Now I'm not telling you to use this loop hole to get fiat clean and easy and by all means always pay your taxes... but this is a handy little thing to know.

jmbullion.com/reportable-bullion-transactions-infographic/

Took out a 20k loan. Bought eth at 370 last year. Didn't diversify. Meh the sky is falling and in sitting here making all the wrong moves? and I'm still comfy.

Gold has been the currency since the beginning of money, because it has intrinsic values. When fiat money collapses, gold will re-become the currency again.

You won't get rich by buying gold, but you will ALWAYS be safe with gold on your hand. Also, gold/silver price will ALWAYS go up during financial crisis.

Read "Currency Wars: The Making of the Next Global Crises" for financial history.

Watch this video too:

vimeo.com/3843927

It's because you're lucky. You won't get lucky forever. Now that you have profits, please repay your debt and diversify. Remember that I warned you.

First, you shouldn't use the term "retard" it is offensive.

Second, what do you do?

Third, isn't it better to have 3 months worth of pay saved somewhere aka "safe guarded"?

Your advise seems mehhhh

>First, you shouldn't use the term "retard" it is offensive.
This is Veeky Forums, we don't do PC here, get over it

>Second, what do you do?
An investor who has seen too many suicides in my life

>Third, isn't it better to have 3 months worth of pay saved somewhere aka "safe guarded"?
Isn't that basically the same thing as my rule 2

>Your advise seems mehhhh
That's why it's basic rules

>Gold has been the currency since the beginning of money, because it has intrinsic values.

Bullshit. Gold is just a shiny metal, nearly worthless outside of very specific applications. It's the original shitcoin.

Seems like my post is exactly for people like you, who hasn't even googled "Gold", "Application of Gold", "History of gold" and haven't read books about it.

>3. The rest of 90% of your asset you HAVE to diversify. What you invest is up to you.

In crypto every coin is identical to Bitcoin right now. Outside of E-Coin which was an abomination of money.

WTF there are tons of other shits other than crypto to invest in: stocks, bonds, currency, shortings, etc.

>leddit spacing

The very specific application of being a universally accepted store of value for thousands of years is pretty good really

THIS. Which is what I said in my post

>gold/silver
If you hate gains. I recommend holding some 5.56x45 instead, guaranteed moon mission when everything collapses.

fuck off retard nigger

Why do people complain about a term like retard being offensive when the guy said it with that objective in mind? The lack of intelligence of politically correct minded people is palpable.

Not all of us here are American. And also read this

and do you think people will be using bitcoin in 4000 years? fucking idiot

Most people don't understand what investing means nowadays. +1 for the oracle pic. I like you OP. Should hang out in the investing channel: discord ( d o t ) gg / ys8QrP3

No, you hide it at home or cache it. Especially if its SHTF funds

No one's gonna say anything about him calling this a sub?.....

Not bitcoin but digital assets for money yeah. Gold and silver will be almost worthless as they are super common in the universe.

Thanks. I don't have to make this post. Banks don't want you to see this post because they want you to be a risky dumbass. But I have to make it because I have seen too many suicides over bad investments in my life, and when I got to this sub I saw too many newfags getting into crypto and doesn't know basic rules of investing, and they got depressed over it, even some wanted to commit suicide when bitcoin goes down. Life is precious, and I cried inside when I saw one is taken away when it is easily avoided.

I'll check that channel out when I can.

>Ok I don't know if anyone has said this on this sub before, but I have to say this:

> No one's gonna say anything about him calling this a sub?.....

Too busy worrying about reddit spacing that nobody noticed this detail which is fucking hilarious. I didnt see it either.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh

What should I have in my SHTF safe? Are gold coins, cans of spam, and guns+ammo a good spread? Anything else missing?

That's good enough.

>i'm a goldbug/prepper/retard
ok

>I'm gonna commit suicide over the next bitcoin downturn
ok

set buys for a variety of shtf levels.

Use some money to keep a supply of water. You can also drink it and replace it.

Food.

Gold and Silver

Home security like gates, stronger doors, shutters for windows.

arm yourself

white flag

kneepads

Suffer not
The roastie
Or the thot
Who tries
To split your lot
Or untie
Your knot;
Stay frosty.

is the 10k aggregate or per transaction

Ok 5-10% in gold doesn't mean you are scared of doomsday collapse. It just means your 10% of asset cannot be taken away and will rise during financial crisis.

WTF?

OP is a kike and is trying to cheat you out of wealth with his fake rules

1. When you see an opportunity, go all in. Borrow from friends, loan from banks, sell your car, I don't care. You don't want to be one of those failures, who say "Sure, I got 10k, cos I bought 1 BTC long ago. Imagine how rich I could've been if only I sold my car to buy more, haha". You will never become on of those fancy hedge fund owners who went all in once with a cautious mindset.

2. Store all your money on multiple exchanges. You should always seek arbitrage opportunities and be able to tether up, when shit hits the fan. If any amount of your investment just lies around and does nothing — you are passively losing money.

3. You should never diversify. Chase the hype and always go all in. Swap all your coins for the one and only winner. You can diversify once the moonshot is over, but never miss an all in opportunity

Is this a satire, or are you running a funeral service?

I am pushing your face into the yellow bricks and you still don't see the road to wealth.

That is the only way to crypto success. Do you know, why biz is full of neets and momma cellar dwellers? Cause they are too scared to risk. True investors know that crypto markets mostly consist of cowardly soyboys and use your trade logic against you.

To join the 1% you need to rise above a commoner's fears and shine with the fearless manipulators. Sad and hard, but true

You know that a Chinese or a banker can literally one day sell off crypto and you will go bankrupt overnight right? Why put your life at risk on others' hand?

>You will never become on of those fancy hedge fund owners who went all in once with a cautious mindset.

Hedge fund owners invest on others' money dumbass. They take commissions. And no matter what happens they always divest, and follow mathematical calculated risk. On the other hand, YOU invest your own money, which is drastically different.

I tried to show you the way. Too bad you refuse to listen.

Enjoy being poor

>Borrow from friends, loan from banks, sell your car, I don't care. You don't want to be one of those failures
This is exactly how professional poker players try to mock amateur players from going all-in and lose it all. Thanks for your "advices". I hope people on Veeky Forums are wise enough to not follow them.

Per transaction.

Buy 9k today and buy 9k tomorrow, neither will be reported.

There are plenty of tribes that found a way to use brass, clothes, seashells and smtimes alimentation as money.
Gold has no exclusive intrinsic values. And you will likely fail to trade it in a tribe that trades cloth.

Plus, some commodities might be untradeable. Look up gift economies as well as communalistic economies.

Sure, currency may be used inside a society with established law and enforcement structures, but its appearence in a world of individuals after shtf is unlikely.

>Take out loans during dips
>all in on crypto
>all in on small market cap shit coins

Sounds about right. Easy path to millions.

Ok, either you are very new to the investment rules and financial history of the world, or you must be a shill.

>There are plenty of tribes that found a way to use brass, clothes, seashells and smtimes alimentation as money.
All of those are very unsustainable to be a national currency. Gold was used during Rome era, Mediaeval era, up until Nixon abandoned the gold standard. But even then, gold still has significant values, which is why China and Russia are stacking shit tons of them in case of dollar collapse. China is even preparing a gold-backed petroyuan to counter with US dollar.

>Gold has no exclusive intrinsic values. And you will likely fail to trade it in a tribe that trades cloth.

vimeo.com/3843927

>Sure, currency may be used inside a society with established law and enforcement structures, but its appearence in a world of individuals after shtf is unlikely.

Buying gold does not mean you prepare for doomsday, dumbass. It means preparing for financial crisis like another 2008. Look at the gold chart price during 2008: It went up through the roof.

Yes, keep getting loans and all-ins. Yes, banks hate you for doing that, it really hurts them and benefit you.

Bless your heart OP

Do these hurrr durrr gold faggots not realize you can sell Gold on almost every street corner in every city in Western civilization?

I do not understand these retarded arguments against gold.

1 oz Canadian Maple Leaf gold coins is a start. They can be bought directly from the mint

Because they are brainwashed by MSM. They use a trick to "mock" people who own gold, similar to how MSM brainwashes libtards to mock conservatives as "backward values"

> like gold/silver

Stopped reading there

Read this post Otherwise, good luck

what is the trick?

i understand owning gold to get over stock market corrections and crashes but i think most people have the idea that they should save gold because society must collapse. At that point gold doesnt do shit except conduct electricity good and not rust. so i think thats why people call it stupid.

>i understand owning gold to get over stock market corrections and crashes
Yep, which is good

>most people have the idea that they should save gold because society must collapse
The trick is MSM groups people who own gold to safeguard from financial crisis to paranoid people who are scared of society collapse (which is technically true that when society collapses gold will be currency, but such collapse is highly improbable). Watch: vimeo.com/3843927

Similar to the trick how MSM groups libertarians, conservatives, Trump supporters into "alt-right", "Russian bots", "Nazis"

Idiotic.

Read what actual smart people have to say about gold:

youtube.com/watch?v=TUpFTM5s4UA

youtube.com/watch?v=BtN17EGeVVA

>which is technically true that when society collapses gold will be currency,
Bullshit.

Google "History of Gold Currency."

Why do you think Russia and China are stacking shit tons of gold, and China is about to launch a gold-backed petroyuan? Why do you think Mitch McCornell and Mnuchin have to go to Kentucky gold reserves and check if the gold is still there? Quote from Mnuchin, "Thank God the gold is still here."

> on this sub
Warrencucks being helpful and on time as always.

You're welcome

Thanks, but I will listen to smart billionaires not some Veeky Forumstard conspiracy gold bugs

>smart billionaires
What is conflict of interest?
This is why you DYOR or don't put much money in it.

Sure, your choice mate. Remember that my post is 5-10% portfolio to gold/silver, you still have 90% go invest whatever you want. If you can't even spare 5-10% to safeguard, then it's totally your choice to be exposed of risk.

Why would I choose gold / silver for speculation if Bitcoin serves same purpose but better eh? I would then put that 5-10% in BTC instead

Because Bitcoin has no intrinsic value, and has just been around for a few years. Gold has both intrinsic, real-life application values AND thousands of years of historical values. Why do you think there are rumors around a gold-backed cryptocurrency?

Gold/Silver is NOT FOR SPECULATION. It is FOR SAFETY. YOU DON'T GET RICH FOR INVESTING IN GOLD/SILVER, BUT YOU DON'T COMMIT SUICIDE WITH IT.

Wow I just google it and gold-backed cryptocurrency is already launched. So fucking fast.

cointelegraph.com/news/uks-royal-mint-launches-gold-backed-cryptocurrency

Hopefully they'll be able to audit it.
Wouldn't want another Fort 'Knox', would we?

What do you mean about Fort 'Knox'?

>sub

I'm already sorry about it

How do you trade btc for gold coins? Link to site?

>but its appearence in a world of individuals after shtf is unlikely
You vastly underestimate how quickly economies start up after SHTF. Even during SHTF, people are still exchanging things and thinking to secure themselves in at least the medium run. Short of a global cataclysmic event (at which point everyone is basically as good as dead), people won't just be running around shooting each other and trading ammo for cans of beans, Stalker-style. They will want consumer goods and a standard of living beyond bare subsistence. That kind of economy uses money.

Yep, and this

>What is conflict of interest?

Biztard paranioa, that is what.

>Because Bitcoin has no intrinsic value, and has just been around for a few years.

>le intrinsic value meme

Laundering billions across the globe instantly, hiding funds in an asset that cannot be confiscated by any authority is an intrinsic value.

Laundering billions across the globe instantly, hiding funds in an asset that cannot be confiscated by any authority is an intrinsic value.

Every other crypto currency can do that.

Are you literally retarded?

Banks are controlled by regulating bodies. They can close your bank accounts and OECD AEoI tightens on offshores.

They can't figure out your 24 seed password.

>like gold/silver or even money papers
LMAO
In real crisis, those will be useless.
Invest in canned meat, toilet paper, matches, salt and ethanol which will become de-facto currency. Maybe get some ammo boxes too in US case.
t. russian

>Laundering billions across the globe instantly, hiding funds in an asset that cannot be confiscated by any authority is an intrinsic value.

Every other crypto currency can do that.

*Sorry wrong format

>In real crisis, those will be useless.
We have talked about all of these on comments above. Please re-read my post
>t. russian
If you're Russian you have to know Russia buys shit tons of gold to prepare for dollar collapse right?

Get a good mix in risks
Some stable but not very rewarding
Some midtier
Some high risk, high reward

Change percentages when the market changes. E.g. in a bearish market you roll back to safe havens.

EXACTLY

2018 and not putting 20% of your money into a 3x leverage tech ETF,
>you've made a huge mistake not taking advantage of 120% risk free a year gains.

go back to your safespace nigger

Did you even know how to read? 5-10% into gold/silver/paper money, 90% you can invest whatever the fuck you want

precious metals will lose most of their value as soon as the first asteroid mining project starts.

KEK. You should have mentioned there are still tons of gold mines on Earth.

>Ctrl+ f "gold"
>75 matches

Erm you know if you buy gold then you have to pay to have it stored or risk it getting stolen in your home and it just sits there acquiring dust instead of dividends?
Just buy shares in gold mines that way you at least get a dividend and the price is close related to the gold price.

I personally wouldn't invest in commodities because the only increase you get is if the price increases. I'd rather go for property index.

>75 matches
Because people keep asking about it. I would wish more people asking about Rule 1 and Rule 3 too.

>Erm you know if you buy gold then you have to pay to have it stored or risk it getting stolen in your home and it just sits there acquiring dust instead of dividends?
That's why you spend only 5-10% on gold/silver/money paper because they are SAFETY investment against all odds. It is not meant for you to get rich, but to protect you from bankruptcy/financial crisis.

>Just buy shares in gold mines that way you at least get a dividend and the price is close related to the gold price.
Good strategy, but it should go to the other 90%.

>I personally wouldn't invest in commodities because the only increase you get is if the price increases. I'd rather go for property index.
Sure mate, that is what the rest of 90% of your portfolio about. I'm just talking about basic rules of safeguarding in here.