You guys said I was stupid, you said I couldn't code my way out of a wet paper bag, you said I'd go to jail...

You guys said I was stupid, you said I couldn't code my way out of a wet paper bag, you said I'd go to jail, you said I was a LARP, you said I was a gay anime poster, you said I wouldn't make any money.

Who's laughing now kiddos? cnet.com/news/hackers-monero-iot-devices-china-mine-cryptocurrency/

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.netlab.360.com/adb-miner-more-information-en/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>close all ports on your router except the basic ones
There, no mining for you kiddo

>router
>normies
It specifically targets smart phones because they are always on and connected to the internet, how many normies know how close their phones ports? none? yeah sit down and shut up.

link to archived thread?

shut it down

what

I close everything by default and open the ones I need

lol this is going to doom all of crypto, now they actually have a reason to shut it down or regulate everything

>anons didn't believe you
They put fucking miners in GTA V torrents. Dumb niggers.

is that why the monero network hashpower has gone up so fast?

Shit man nice work!! When I first read orig post I thought it was a good idea just not possible..
It seems you may have released your program? I'd say make a new one and keep it to yourself. Allowing others to use this will only make it harder for you to use desu.

Good work m8

You aren't a normie you are a cute animu poster so you're ok.

But we aren't from China, or Russia, or Taiwan, or India, or Japan :^)

I had released it before I posted, I was just kinda FUDing myself over getting caught and extradited to some country where I'm the only white in the whole prison.

God nico is so cute
also more info op. Is it in America yet? How does it work

Learned my lesson after someone put a dyndns on my modem and restreamed all webcams on Veeky Forums

pls be my gf

so what kinda hashpower you get from a smartphone?

>implying that was you
You're still a retarded larper buddy

I never made fun of you.
Look around colleges and libraries. Many have free charging lockers where you plug in your phone and leave it. If you can rig up your payload dropper where you just put it in line at the end of the charging cable you're golden. Will infect thousands.

Just remember to get out of the game before you get caught. Props to you, but you might want to look at running to a place with tough extradition laws for a while.

Why does Nico get posted on here so much?

ty. so wait in that thread you said "have a game in the works," was that referring to how the worm in the cnet article was released?

people see her face, they see whats up and watch the show, then fall in love with nico. Happens all the time

>plugging phone into computer usb
>ever
>plugging into public usb
>ever

You probably aren't in my country.

You can max out at 40-100 but I was running 2-10 h/w to avoid suspicion.

I'm already out, it was a botnet with a kill switch and now it's dead (for now) but that is my biggest fear, I'm a trap that isn't on HRT I would probably not enjoy prison.

Because cute.

No that's a real game.

>normies
:3

where else can we expect the worm to spread, in terms of countries?

what are you going to do when monero freezes your wallet?

He'd literally have to infect a continent to make like 2 dollars a year.

eastern europe guessing

he said 40-100, not bad. probably about .10-.20 a day per phone

not all locations in the world have the luxury of having ur own personal computer and internet.

Post boipucci

Pretty much every Asian and Eastern European country, even if it leaves those countries it shouldn't work outside of them.

Make sure it's in multiple exchanges before they can do that, also give myself more control over the botnet.

Depending on the continent could be a hundred thousand a year.

Australia.

I'm not like that.

Cover your tracks mang.

Nice OP. How much did you make?
Also how do you spread the virus?

final question and then i will leave you alone.

in your op you said you "wrote a very basic virus with a rootkit," so you didnt borrow or copy any code?

Imagine this anime retard being one day forced to interact with the most violent inhumane trash from his third world country in prison.

Im sure you're not the first person to try this. Your virus was found in like 2 days. What makes you think you won't get caught if you keep this up?

If I have to I will plead mental insanity my shrink can probably vouch for me.

No I wrote it all myself, I've never actually worked as a programmer I'm in my third year of software engineering, I often look at other peoples code and just don't understand it, I'm probably autistic I taught myself assembly when I was 15.

Pls no

It being found and me being caught are very different things it's also extremely basic, I couldn't even see how many slaves I had, maybe I should just leave China alone though because they are kinda the big player.

Surely they wouldn't extradite to me Russia, or Eastern Europe, or like, Japan and Indonesia, everyone hates Indonesia.

I'll pull a Chelsea Manning and eat girl pills so they go easier on me.

By taught myself I mean my father brought me really good books that explained everything, he basically enabled my autism. I have over 5 thousand dollars in various programming language books.

You’re still LARPing and anime is degenerate

You'll probably get away with it since you've dismantled your network already.

>I'm not like that.
PLS

What programming language did you use?

K then. Think I got it, not going to leave you alone after all. One red flag so far and two tests where we will be able to see whether or not you're bullshitting.

You raised a red flag saying you wrote everything yourself when the original blog post (cited in the CNET article you posted) found code from the botnet Mirai, which was released publicly in October 2016.

>The scan module borrows source code from Mirai
>Mirai SYN Scan module is found inside this module
>The code structure is also similar to Mirai.
>This module also contains Mirai string tables

The two tests are about what what countries will have users affected and what you're going to do about Monero freezing your wallet. If the worm spreads and works outside the regions you named we'll have one reason to doubt, and your answer about your wallet being frozen is already leaving me feeling more doubtful.

What do you mean "make sure it's in multiple exchanges?" Do you mean you can instantly change the code on all infected devices so it will deposit the mined XMR to a new wallet address? Or does the code spread independently from one device to another, copy and pasting the same wallet address and you have no means to change it?

blog.netlab.360.com/adb-miner-more-information-en/

Last, because even though I still suspect you're larping (the attention seeking and pretending to have skills or achievement are also red flags, but thats more of a psychological read than an empirical one), we both like anime and shitpost on Veeky Forums. What are you watching this season? I'm watching Yuru Camp and Darling.

We all know that Veeky Forums is always wrong. But yes, from time to time I like to throw it on their faces too.

>yuru camp and darling
kek. you better be watching those for the memes only

I want to get away with it running.

b-but that's lewd.

I used 4 different languages.

>it isn't a botnet
>it's a botnet

??

It's good to be lewd.

I like camping and I like Trigger. I am a simple man. What are you watching?

the absolute state of anime faggots

Pop Team Ebic and Exclusively the Souichi episodes of junji ito

>??
also darling franxx and DBS for the meme wars

>You raised a red flag saying you wrote everything yourself
>found code from the botnet Mirai
Yes that's true, I'm not acting alone in doing this, it's ok to incriminate myself but it isn't ok to incriminate the people I'm working with so I'm not going to elaborate.

Your intelligence could get me in big trouble.

I'll most likely post here again to prove it's me in the coming months with tangible evidence, don't worry, I could dump you the whole source code right now but we're going to reuse parts and that could get me in serious trouble later down the line, I'm already surprised that no one has dropped the screenshot of
>reported to the FBI

>Do you mean you can instantly change the code on all infected devices so it will deposit the mined XMR to a new wallet address?
Yes and we will be able to infinitely split infected devices into an infinite amount of wallet addresses instantly.

Best animu

OP how did you find about this stuff (and how to do it)?

What's going on this thread?

This is a larp not even proof posted.

OP, I wanna learn how to mine Monero. You've really got me interested into mining now after reading about the article you've posted.

Need an offsider cobber?

>>Do you mean you can instantly change the code on all infected devices
>yes

they are all singular and I have no control over them

This isn't adding up either.

Either way you're clearly driven more by ego than greed. If you're actually invovled with this at all, I suggest finding a way to flatter yourself that isn't criminal. Goodnight.

explain this OP

>Either way you're clearly driven more by ego than greed
Definitely greed, I sold out of crypto when it hit 8k several hours ago so I'm also currently bored and waiting.

>they are all singular and I have no control over them
That's because they were all singular and it wasn't a botnet, a mining pool isn't a botnet. A kill command processed through a worm also isn't a botnet.

Beta testing.

And here I was hoping this was finally something real on biz and not a larp. Sounded too good to be true though. An autistic neet trap faggot programmer that created a successful worm that could mine for 6 digits a year.

But being able to change the code on all infected devices is botnet. So is it botnet or not?
you yourself said it was

Actually scratch that. I know it's botnet because the cnet article virus was botnet. Your story isn't adding up though.

Meanwhile this idiot could have just applied to microsoft or some shit and touted his expertise in cryptocurrencies to get a well paying and lax position.

But no, let's ruin monero and make it seem purely directed towards ctiminals rvrn more than it already is.

Also OP, from the information you've posted, in the event that it's legit and you aren't LARPing, we can deduct your skin color, browsing patterns, likely googled terms, countries you are not from, a father who has a history of purchasing programming books (hope he used cash) and a few other identifying things. If you aren't a LARPer, tyen your OPsec is shit and you are going to get fucked by your own ego.

This is why you don't break the law. If you're smart, you can make money the legal way and get that oh so delicious ego boosting recognition from your peers. No need to live in fear too!

I wish you didn't explain all that to him. Criminals always have the biggest egos. They never know when to stop talking. Be quiet for a minute and they'll practically hand themselves in.

Going to backtracked him and call the cyberpolice.

Wtf. What do you mean with frozen monero wallet? Monero is anonymous, can't freeze a monero wallet.

z _ _ _ _ _
fill out the blanks and I'll believe you.

Nah, he's either going to get caught or live the rest of his life in fear. He already messed up, he just doesn't know it yet. Money won't save him now, no matter how much he makes that fear will linger. A guilty conscience's only cost is peace of mind.

Which four?