Inherently deflationary things make for a terrible currency because spending isn't promoted at all...

>Inherently deflationary things make for a terrible currency because spending isn't promoted at all. Nothing eventually to replace the inevitable losses of coins
>Proof of Work a hugely wasteful way of securing the network which people will inevitably get on its ass about from an energy standpoint
>Hard forks only confuse normal people and make them fearful about buying into the 'right' coin if they aren't early adopters (and even then some that already own it might not understand they get both)
>Retarded political fights between people on what Bitcoin should be means big changes will never actually happen, and if they do we get another Bitcoin Cash retardo scenario

So why is Bitcoin the future?

Other urls found in this thread:

zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-11/no-bitcoin-wont-boil-oceans
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because Bitcoin is King.

All those things you mentioned are good for bitcoin.

>Deflationary meaning less spending to legitimize it as a currency
>Proof of Work wasting fucktons of energy pointlessly
>Hard forks confusing regular joes on which 'Bitcoin' they should get
>good for bitcoin.

Explain

Because they only hold Bitcoin and it's all they know as a 'serious' crypto outside of ETH

its not. Cardano will be the future. Its POS and inflationary to encourage spending. And can scale

>and inflationary

Describe how their inflation style works for me

no DYOR

maybe
no
who cares

I lost patience before reading your last titty

>Deflationary things make for a terrible currency because no one wants to spend
>Everyone wants to buy lambo after it goes up

Tell me how that is not encouraging spending? The only things that's stopping these people from paying directly with bitcoin is that no dealer accepts bitcoin.

basic economics agrees with OP

That's a pretty dumb statement man

Today I could buy 1 lambo with my money. Tomorrow that same amount of money can buy 2. So why would I spend my money today?

maybe its not. I don't hold any btc

The absolute state of biz

>Inherently deflationary things make for a terrible currency because spending isn't promoted at all.

I've never understood this. It's not like people won't continue to spend for what they need or what they want. Most people don't even invest their money. A lot of people live month to month or live in sin with their flexible friends. Do you really think people that illiterate factor into the equation whether or not a currency is inflationary or deflationary into their spending?

Inflation used to seem like a sound reason to keep your money in banks back when they actually paid you a rate of interest which beat it. Now they don't even do that.

It seems to me the theory inflationary currencies are better for economies is a self-serving myth perpetuated by banks.

Give us your money goys or inflation from us creating debt out of thin air will eat its value you away. The price of things should go down reflecting the improving pace of technological development and standards of living - instead it takes more and more work to get less and less.

You used to be able to support a family on one income, now you can barely get by with two. This generation can barely afford a deposit for a mortgage let alone actually buy a house without getting in debt.

How the FUCK is an inflationary currency good for anyone except banks user? Can you actually explain / prove it?

Inflation doesn't encourage spending, it establishes a floor for viable investments. In a world with deflation even an interest rate of 0.0001% would be attractive. The notion that we'd all stop lending or investing or buying without inflation is absolute bullshit with no historical proof.

Lmao you're fucking stupid

>You used to be able to support a family on one income, now you can barely get by with two. This generation can barely afford a deposit for a mortgage let alone actually buy a house without getting in debt.

That has less to do with inflation and more with corps going ultra jew on paying their employees

>Retarded political fights between people on what Bitcoin should be

Yes, because there have never been idiological splits in government, economy, or religion throughout the history of man.

Also Bitcoin Cash is the real one.

you have never owned a business.

low stable inflation provides certainty and an incentive for investment.

If you can't explain the blindingly obvious thing I'm supposed to be missing please do me a favor and take a massive overdose of barbiturates.

Inflation does encourage spending in a way. It reduces the value of a savings. High enough and it creates a "spend it or lose it" scenario. It is the most effective way to loot your population's savings.

>low stable inflation provides certainty and an incentive for investment.

Low stable deflation seems just as certain - as to incentive for investment for growing one's business first of all your cash flow is also getting the benefit of it being deflationary and secondly people will still invest their money if investments are sufficiently attractive.

>Proof of Work a hugely wasteful way of securing the network
How can you honestly say that when, considering bitcoin is a immutable network, bitcoin is hugely more secure (and transparent) than the traditional banking system and uses far less energy in comparison.

source:
zerohedge.com/news/2017-12-11/no-bitcoin-wont-boil-oceans

Any kike that says you need to force people to spend their money should get shot, honestly. It's nothing but an excuse for theft to keep their own debt driven pyramid scheme from collapsing. Nobody accumulates money for the sake of it, it's always to buy SOMETHING, and people can't afford to wait an unknown period of time to get it in their very finite lives. All inflation has done is encourage planned obsolescence and rampant resource waste.

stupid people like you are the one falling for these memecoins
inflation and deflation policies are used to trigger economic growth. A 2% annual increase in inflation provides the right equilibrium between supply/demand and demographics.
If you can't understand that people tend to spend more when they expect the price to go up (inflation) which therefore triggers an increase in aggregated demand in the short term. This simple trick creates a virtuous cicle of economic growth and boost alone the production even in the long run. this won't be possible with a totally deflationary currency like your memecoins because people expect the prices to go down and therefore doesn't serve as an incentive for the economy.
There are also other benefits like inflationary debt but you're clearly too stupid for this topic so just end it with your misery

>encouraging people not to spend money on worthless shit is a bad thing
lol

Btc is inflationary. Mining creates more supply

This, if we were raising wages with GDP per capita things would be alright.

Book-ending some 101 pro-inflationary memes with the assertion I'm simply too stupid to understand why they are the truth is not impressive.

I've asked far smarter people than you I'm sure and I've still yet to get a convincing answer - I think it's bullshit.

You can say I'm stupid for questioning it and I can think you're stupid enough to believe being credulous makes you intelligent and we'll agree to disagree shall we user?

Yes you're simply to stupid too understand this basic economic principle while blaming the kikes for your illiterate ass
Even the devs at lumens and ethereum understood this but somehow it's always your meme jews
Keep HODLING boi

>Inherently deflationary things make for a terrible currency because spending isn't promoted at all. Nothing eventually to replace the inevitable losses of coins
It subdivides.

>muh deflational currency
Gold was pinned to the USD until 1970s. No reason why we can't pin BTC to the USD. Libertarians BTFO.
>PoW is wasteful
Make the hashes do something useful, like calculating for folding proteins or chemical reactions or calculating rangarok.
>Hard forks only confuse people
That's why we have hedge funds and index funds. Normies can eat shit.
>muh BTC vs. BCH
Yet we're perfectly ok fanning the flames of Zionism vs. Islam? Let the market decide. Maybe neither will win and some super Bitcoin will emerge from the ashes. (unlikely)

>Inherently deflationary things make for a terrible currency because spending isn't promoted at all.
Why should it be?
Spending money isn't some saintly act you shithead Keynesian.

>to stupid too
>your illiterate ass

I'm starting to wonder if it isn't a theme that people who are trying to pretend they're something they're not end up accusing others of what they're trying to hide.

Anyway given you've failed to provide any compelling argument just stated it and called me stupid I guess that's because it's just something you believe because you think it makes you seem smart instead of because it being something you actually understand.

KYS fag.

>I'm starting to wonder if it isn't a theme that people who are trying to pretend they're something they're not end up accusing others of what they're trying to hide.
It's called projecting.

I know I just wonder if it's correlated with being "a certain kind of smart". In the same way that pimping out a shitty car is correlated with being "a certain kind of rich".

I see the same thing in SJWs - a desperation to appear smart or moral without the substance.

>Make the hashes do something useful, like calculating for folding proteins or chemical reactions or calculating rangarok.
Securing network is _already_ useful work.

I don't believe there's someone out there who lives from paycheck to paycheck who wouldn't be in the same situation if our currency weren't constantly being devalued. Inflation pushes us to riskier investments - that's great for the banks, it increases their opportunities to seize collateral.

At least we know better, friend. It happens to all societies. You are not alone in time nor in space.
Our feels will transcend all.

Because you want to drive in your fucking lambo you fuckwit. How is this a hard concept? Jesus christ ''hurr why would i want to eat today if i could eat a tiny bit more tomorrow?''

Christ you keynesian piece of filths are insufferable

PoS exists. Why have PoW that burns a lot of energy?
The best solution to this problem is to solve a computation problem outside of blockchain using our hash power. That way, our work has an intrinsic value and we don't have to hear environmental harpies go on about >muh trees and flowers

it's "the future" because the "the future" argument is multiple years old now and the present is "the future" from the perspective of several years ago. BTC and crypto are being talked about at Davos and in US Senate hearings. The future is here motherfuckers, bitcoin hitting 20k WAS the future, this is it. Only delusional retards who have utterly zero understanding of "the tech" as they like to allude to think there is much else to go. There is a lot left to do still, but "the future" has arrived. Bitcoin isn't a bringing us any further towards "the future", it's almost 10 years old now. If you think we would've gotten from $0.0000/btc (or -$/btc) to twenty fucking thousand US dollars per bitcoin without the entire value of the blockchain idea being milked and then drastically overhyped, you're just fucking lost. get a plastic bag and a tank of helium for a rainy day.

Because PoS is still considered a lot weaker than PoW.

>That way, our work has an intrinsic value and we don't have to hear environmental harpies go on about
If you think there's no value in securing people's money then I have no idea what to tell you.

People were saying the same shit about the internet in 1995, dumbass

Inflation bugs can't prove their theories because it's essentially a religious belief. They're people of average intelligence who feel privy to superior knowledge because they took econ classes in university, their only argument is an appeal to authority.

Watch the replies you get - insult, deflect, ad hominem... Permadebt hyperconsumption models propped up by inflation rely on kicking the ball down the road and not thinking too hard about it. Ask people to actually consider the implications of their words, and they get angry.

>>Inherently deflationary things make for a terrible currency because spending isn't promoted at all.

This retarded keynesian myth needs to die.
The industrial revolution happened under deflationary currency.

Fuck off Paul Krugman.

Keynesianism isn't basic economics, it's fucking bullshit

Comments like these restore my will to live

>he unironically believes the entire reason the economy is shit is because capitalists aren't paying their workers enough
Do you brainlets even know what the labor market is?

You keynesians are fucking stupid and support your own enslavement.
Fuck central banking

People save money to consume more later on. Keynesian inflationary faggots are absolutely unable to comprehend this.