Doctor chad

whats Veeky Forums thoughts on becoming a doctor

too much studying the end up with a shit salary for about 20 years until you open your private clinic

Only thing I'd find interesting would be brain surgery but I know if I started doing that I'd start seeing people in an unhealthy fashion.

>takes forever to start being paid
>massive debt
>shit ton of time, 60hr/week
>high stress and drug addiction rates
>have to deal with sick and old people
>most people are stupid

many cool surgery specialities

it's honest work but it takes so much energy away from you.. it takes more than it gives.

I'm a heart surgeon and I say go with your passion, son.

too tired from studying all day.... reply wrong thread /thread/

many cool sub spec's neuro too hard bthough

Touching sick people is gross. Have fun studying worthless info for 10 years. Doctors just google your symptoms/look it up in an encyclopedia anyways.
>study literally every single bone, muscle, tissue, organ, and illness known to man.
>99% of the time is something common like a sore throat, sprained joint, or tummyache
>pay 350k for this. (Plus interest, goy)

I graduated, then dropped that shit and became a programmer. At least, I won't kill someone.

not us no debt but also not communist europe so good wages ...

work 3 days a week from age of 40 on pull in 250k still

if not larp please tell me you went rads > bio tech company....

Prob not worth it for money. Subject matter is very interesting. After grinding out first few years, if you’re smart you can end up in some really cool specialities.

Surgery is great, but you are in your feet not being able to scratch your nose for 5 hours. Patients are hit and miss. Some are sweet and you want to help them. Most are assholes and idiots. Always complaining of dyspnes when they are a ten pack year smoker with asthma. Same with fatties too. Obesity just makes EVERYTHING worse:

I am good looking though, and when people find out you’re a doc, they light up. However a doctor these days is NOTHING like the glory days in the 60s when doctors word was law:

Crypto for the money, med for the purpose. I doubt you’ll make it through med school unless you like it. Too much time for no money.

how? did you get a dergree in CS or something?

patient centered healthcare is a scourge and needs to die along with sjws

not a good reason to try get rich.

if ur becoming a Dr for money lmfao. ur fucked. enjoy long hours and no pay.

if ur born rich. by all means being a Dr is great for getting laid.

Confirmed retard. That’s what the generals and intern/ reg/ sho are for.

Woman comes in wondering why she can’t have a baby. Oh look she has poly cystic ovarian syndrome. Why does she have that? Oh look her DHEA is super high. Why does she have that? Oh look. Pituitary carcinoma.

Hell of a lot different from your cough and cold doctor.

Also no one know all of that info at anyone time, the clinical application of that k Wilde he is WAY harder and different than just stuffing your head ina. Book.

What do you think specialities are for any? Do you think a plastic surgeon could tell you about infectious diseases? Or a psychiatrist dd why you have hyperalgesia?

Stay poor and uneducated faggot.

Kinda. We develop MIS for hospitals and clinics.

Yes, I got a degree in GIS, but mostly it was self-education.

is this a door that an MD specially opened for you?

get into bioinformatics or something that connects neuroscience w/ programming/computing, you'll thank me in the future

ignore everyone in this thread saying its gross or in it for the money. actual fucking brainlets holy shit

M.D. here

Don't do it user, see
I'm a full-time shitcoin trader now. Not in the U.S. though, pay is shit over here.

That is huge money. Well done. You get that implemented into a private hospital and you are golden. All primary care physicians still use SOCRATES here lol.

There’s a huge hedge called future life, they’re developing their own MIS for all their fertility clinics; they keep acquiring tinned of them through Europe. If you’ve an interest in the area, might be worth getting in touch.

Are you my clone user? For reasons I don't fucking understand I became a physician instead of a programmer like I wanted to.

I'd like to get into the medical informatics field, what's the best way? a Master's?

second this, how do?

Can you see yourself being happy and successful doing literally anything else?
If yes then dont do it.

You're king of the wageslaves (alongside lawyers) but 12 years of brutal schooling and if you add primary and secondary education... you're spending 1/3 of your life studying to do this job. And if you're a burger you start several $100k in the red.

And after all that investors still make more money than you, but if medicine is your PASSION, by all means, pursue it.

I'm a doctor and I'd say it's just not worth it. And I'm not a very hedonistic person.

you gotta realize that all the specialties can also be worlds apart

orthpedic surgery master race, if i couldnt do this id quit

my cousin's in ortho and said it was the last place being a man was valued while being a doctor. Probably all the bonesaw shit he's doing. If I really followed through I don't even know what specialty I'd pick. Maybe cardiology.
I was really into the idea of being a doc for awhile but my chem grades were just paltry and the looooong hours they put residents through just horrifies me. I don't have faith that I would survive, I dropped out of college for a semester because depression, which really points towards my mental fortitude under duress. (I came back with like a 4.0 gpa but before that I had 2.5 solid years of mediocrity) The question is what the fuck do you do if you're just a regular bio major who hates the idea of academia, industry and teaching? I'm tempted to just jump into law at this point. It's been a solid year of being an underling tech in a lab and I'm tired of this shit.

medicine is an impractical choice...while i love my job i would not do it again if given the choice. If youre not super gung ho, choose another path user

The thing that motivated me to get off my ass and actually work was volunteering over the summer and talking to physicians. But I didn't keep track of application timelines and fell behind, now I'm just not sure.
Like this guy said
>Can you see yourself being happy and successful doing literally anything else?
If yes then dont do it.
I don't know if there's really ANY job that I feel like I could be happy and successful doing.

Good to know man, I will definetely take a look.
Not really, but I just got a job almost without interview.

>having to inspect old people's assholes

Self-education and little luck. My phylosofy is, if you do what you like (programming), and constantly trying, eventually you become good in that field and get there.

>in school for half your life
>working for the rest of it

Becoming a doctor in the netherlands is fucking easy and the pay is decent. Though you shouldnt become a doctor for pay alone. Even if you do, you'll fall in love with the field most likely anyway.

I'm in crypto so I can open my own clinic and conduct research from an early age.

I am ocd about sick people and fall sick easily so no. Would work with a doctor for biz stuff though

This is ironic

Bitcoin became popular because of the crazy amounts of money doctors were pouring into it to stop slaving away as doctors

>tfw you're the virgin lawfag
>got pressured by my lecturer to write an article on shipping law, which I know nothing about
>don't want to disappoint her