Bitcoin is not a currency, it's an investment game

Bitcoin is not a currency, it's an investment game.
Know this.

It works by the "bigger fool" principle. You try to be one step ahead of other investors and make money off their mistakes.
And oh yes, it's a bubble. Smarter men than you know this. BTC itself has no inherent value. The game it has created is the only thing that has the "value". Nobody uses Bitcoin for anything except holding it or selling it for profit. This should be clear to you by know, but apparently it isn't. You're greedy like a fucking pig. There are people out here taking second mortgages just to buy imaginary numbers on a computer screen, this should tell you something.

>stay poor faggot
I hear the same at OneCoin meetings.

Bitcoin has been around for a decade and still nobody buys groceries with it.
Wow what a currency!
And let's not forget that like 40% of all BTC in existence has been lost due to broken computers and forgotten passwords.

>The game it has created is the only thing that has the "value". Nobody uses Bitcoin for anything except holding it or selling it for profit. This should be clear to you by know,

your explanation is world class tier. very professional

i internalized this concept 3 days ago and cashed the fuck out with a slight profit. I think greed blinded everyone.

the true value of Bitcoin is determined by its use in Darkweb. it's triple digits

>Nobody uses Bitcoin for anything except holding it or selling it for profit
Moron, did you fail to buy the dip?

>the true value of Bitcoin is determined by its use in Darkweb. it's triple digits

"BTC is only used for crime" has been a meme since the beginning, but it's true.
In my whole life I've never faced a situation where paying with BTC would be even remotely useful.
Even if I wanted to do it anonymously, I'd just use cash. And for the record, BTC isn't even anonymous. So not even criminals find it useful, and criminals are the number one target audience for cryptos. Everyone else buys it for the gains, meaning it's a bubble. Yup, it's been a bubble since $1.

This was the first time in a long time that I decided not to buy the dip.
I'm fed up with this game. I used to be a religious crypto nut but I realized this wastes a huge amount of my time and the tech is not backed up by anything so I might as well have faith that air become valuable one day.

>BTC isn't even anonymous

maybe it was in the beginning but now sure as fuck its not.

>Everyone else buys it for the gains, meaning it's a bubble.

yep; textbook bubble

I've been thinking this myself. No one here, yourself included, has been able to properly address the very point you just quoted. They usually respond with the exact same thing you just responded with.

Absolutely nothing.

if you zoom out on the chart you would think twice if this is a just a dip or literally the bubble bursting. I think its the bubble bursting.

the word is spreading. all the normals are pulling out. the reason of their owning crypto is null now

Replace Bitcoin with stocks, gold. Logically your argument still makes sense. Doesn't necessarily make it true.

okay tell me who owns the top bitcoin wallet

I still think cryptos have some application. Bitcoin, however, does not.

There are a few alts out there that look like they have some real potential

ask Coinbase not me. They can give you his id/passport

Yep, lots of people sold at the bottom and now the fud machinery is at full speed.

>Nobody buys groceries with it
>Implying I'm not betting on the future of a technology instead of its present

Only boomers and retards buy when acceptation is global.

No one here is doubting blockchain m8, only BTC

People buy things with it and use it for overseas money transfers, so yes it literally is a currency, just not a popular one yet...

Agreed, Bitcoin should already just fucking die, it's retarded. All this human trash investing into Bitcoin and not understanding the underlying tech, fuck I hate these fucking markets so fucking much.

>No one here is doubting blockchain

but user I am :^) It's an alternative to current tech BUT what incentives does it gives for companies to use it over current tech?

he is saying that's a failed currency and he's right, even corecucks admit it's a "store of value" like gold now
totally deflationary currency are a joke for economics

some highly concendrated FUD in here

Truth is FUD, right? BTC is a religion.

there are use cases for blockchains but they are all private blockchain for trustless interoperability between a consurtium
search for corda r3

even that probably will flop

actually it's already being used and it's even older than most shitcoins on the market

well okay, bye then. See you fomoing at 8K5
So YOU don't know what to do with it beside buying high and selling low. Very well. More cheap coins for me. btw, I use mostly ltc, and xmr, and now, after the congestion on btc is going back btc to pay people for services and products because it is faster and easier for me than paying them with pp or god forbid, bank wires. But yes, it is just one giant bubble based on the greater fool principal, pic related

You know BTC is recovering damn good when shit threads like these start popping out.
This is of pure butthurt for missing out is the definitive proof of BTC doing good.

>7415587

>More cheap coins for me.

You repeat this same defense like a parrot.

i cashed out 2 days ago and I am certain that bitcoin will crash to double digits and remain forever in triple digits

>because it is faster and easier for me than paying them with pp or god forbid, bank wires

There's no company out there that accepts cryptos as payment because they're "faster and easier" than real money.
I don't own a company but if I did, I would laugh in the face of anyone who would offer me cryptos as payment for my services.

Stop lying online about using cryptos.

>Defence
You interpret a bit too much into a meme buckaroo.

This, look at how viciously they reply, every fud thread has op answering every 3 replies. You can tell there's vested interest and not simply "illuminating".

Plus the arguments are pathetic, apparently BTC is the first bubble in history to lose 50% of its value every 3 months. One would think it's exposed to corrections and that's good, but no, these retards still call it a bubble and not a single one of them shows you how they're shorting it.

>I don't own a company but if I did, I would laugh in the face of anyone who would offer me cryptos as payment for my services

I do own a business (real estate); if someone offered to pay me in crypto I would ask them if they are fucking with me. I think i would be offended

Criminals use FIAt currency too you idiots
Banks have bee criminals too

i dare you to explain how a deflationary currency can work in the long run

>Having an official company
>Having IRS on your ass
>Not being a private citizen bartering with other private citizens
Face it grandpa, the age of companies is over. With governments trying to probe you anally at every moment when you are alleged for some company benefits is for losers. My associates and I rather fly under the radar then living a lie

>I don't own a company but if I did, I would laugh in the face of anyone who would offer me cryptos as payment for my services

Cool story bro.

Say that your company makes 14k$ cars, you would not accept 20BTC for a car?

How about 10 BTC?

How about 4 BTC?

There's a price you would certainly accept.

So how do you explain the real world use cases of utility tokens? I can understand the objections to bitcoin specifically as a replacement for currency, but these fud threads never really address how a crypto with a real world use for encrypting and transmitting data in a more efficient way is worthless.

Guess it is mostly sentiment analysis. Marketing research faggots are shitting their pants and their bosses are on the verge to fire their asses for not being able to deliver good predictions. btw, time to shake of some weak hands

then get out!!! and stop fudding....!!!

Can you do anything with bitcoin at the moment? Can you buy things with it?

A crypto friend of mine was telling me today about a bitcoin visa card that lets you just buy regular things like a debit card.

Is that legit?

20TRILLION

what utility tokens?

Let me guess, you think people saving money is a bad idea?

How do you think productive improvements happen?

What do you think happens when people save money, that they bury themselves with it or that they eventually spend it?

Besides, if currency had static supply then its value would be tied to productivity of the country where the currency circulates, that means a...2% return on your savings in average?

That's fucking ridiculous, people would invest in companies that create value, not hoard currency.

read the news and learn about the progress made

you are not from the business world. we have 1 rule

>money talks, bullshit walks

>Say that your company makes 14k$ cars, you would not accept 20BTC for a car?

Like this would ever happen.
When BTC is up, nobody is willing to use it to buy anything because hurr durr it's worth more than FIAT because it will be millions one day.

Some guy on craigslist actually offered me a few mBTC for my carbon fiber bicycle saying his BTC will grow in value so its current price is meaningless.
I was offended.

>Say that your company makes 14k$ cars, you would not accept 20BTC for a car?

I would accept 20BTC and cash them out IMMEDIATLY. Like i said before, money talks, bullshit walks

Bitcoin is the gateway to a world changing technology that is just entering the awareness phase. It works by new people being unaware about other crypto like ETH or just being the most prestigious which is why everybody new to crypto starts by buying btc. On top of that it's the dominant alt trading pair and given it's unstoppable increase in value it's seen as the safest store of value in crypto.

>When BTC is up, nobody is willing to use it to buy anything
Do people like you really hate money? You buy stuff and sell it or use the bought stuff to make more. Only mongs hold. Have fun holding USD

>world changing technology

>the blockchain is basically just a long list that holds true because many people have the same list

So much wow.

Yes, it's quite impressive how simple things can make a huge difference, right?

>When BTC is up, nobody is willing to use it to buy anything because hurr durr it's worth more than FIAT because it will be millions one day.

Let's change to 1 btc/car for the simplicity of the argument.

I have 1 btc in my coinbase and 8k$ in the bank.

What difference does it make to me to pay right now 8k$ for a car or 1 btc?

I can just pay the 1btc and put the 8k$ in coinbase, to have 1 btc again.

Any proof that it's an account linked to coinbase?

what huge difference has been made in the world? It's been around what, 10 years? And not one mainstream use outside of exchanging it to real currency.

ask yourself if you would get a loan knowing that in 1 year what you have to return is worth x3 of what you got at first (imagine now being a company asking for a loan, no incentive)
ask yourself if you would spend knowing that your money will be worth x3 in a year
do you think companies have any incentives knowing that as time goes they have to constanly lower the prices to meet the demand?

>In 1983, the DynaTAC 8000x was the first commercially available handheld mobile phone.

t. sold at the bottom

A computer is literally just electricity flowing in timed patterns.
A car engine is literally just burning/exploding dinosaurs and other prehistoric remains with oxygen to rotate wheels.

Obviously it's a bubble, everyone who is not a moron already knows this. But the fact is that the bubble is just starting to get inflated, the market cap will literally 20x at least before it is near bursting.

I'm not worried, but when your taxi driver, cashier and grandma tells you to buy internet meme moneys it's time come up with an exit plan.

Yeah we all need to use BTC to get on with our daily lives, don't we.
This thread is about the failures of BTC, I'm not saying there aren't good blockchain applications out there. Stop boosting BTC with other coins. It doesn't deserve it.

>What difference does it make to me

Then why aren't you doing so already?
It's because of the reasons I stated above:

1. BTC nuts think BTC is so valuable it musn't be spent. Ever.

2. Companies think it's an unnecessary gamble to accept newly created pseudocurrencies and stick to USD. They have so many customers that they don't need to accept some neckbeard's weird proposals.

a cell phone is a better communication device than a wired phone...
How is bitcoin or any other crypto better after 10 years? There is no adoption

Your examples feature inventions that made a whole new function possible.

BTC is money. Money exists already. Computers and cellphones didn't exist before they were invented.

>ask yourself if you would get a loan knowing that in 1 year what you have to return is worth x3 of what you got at first (imagine now being a company asking for a loan, no incentive)

>300% yearly growth on globally accepted currency

That's fucking retarded. Learn what liquidity does to volatility.

>ask yourself if you would spend knowing that your money will be worth x3 in a year

If I need something I will buy it. Why do you want mindless consumerism? That only boosts inefficient and dumb business models with no actual benefit for society.

>do you think companies have any incentives knowing that as time goes they have to constanly lower the prices to meet the demand?

Price is irrelevant, what matters is purchasing power. Do you think companies are incentivized to invest in Venezuela because they know their products there will multiply their price x8?

That's why I hold only Monero. Since Bitcoin isn't even anonymous, its only use case is nullified. That leaves Monero as the only coin that is actually used in a meaningful way.

>A car engine is literally just burning/exploding dinosaurs and other prehistoric remains with oxygen to rotate wheels.

And yeah I always laugh about this one.
Our cars are literally running by igniting liquified dinosaurs.

>Then why aren't you doing so already?

Because I don't need a car and Bitcoins current adoptation limits market choices, but that can change.

It's not an inherent flaw, it's an early phase flaw, markets find resistance to disruptions that doesn't make them less disruptive, this is literally not an argument and I guess your belief that nobody would use BTC because it goes up was demonstrated false.

there have been examples of this in the news ....
Dubai and London!!!! Please realise BTC is the king and is here to stay and go nowhere and certainly not disappear!!!!

Yellencoin is not a currency, it's an investment game.

Know this.

It works by the "bigger fool" principle. You try to spend it on bullshit before it goes to 0 to (((stimulate the economy))) while (((they))) print it as needed.

those 2 things sound way cooler than a list

KEEEK HOWHAVE ONE COIN NOT EXIT SCAM
YET

>Please realise BTC is the king and is here to stay and go nowhere and certainly not disappear!!!!

Don't post your dreams and hopes as facts about the future lol.

They say that about DubaiCoin as well and it's absolute shit.

See you @ 14k next week

People saving their money in institutions is as necessary for a growing market as people spending their money is, a balance is needed. Those institutions lend out the savings, money is made from the spenders by the businesses who take out those loans. Deflationary currency is an incentive for the opposite of what you're saying. Deflation causes hiding your money, and not investing it, to be the more profitable option.

People already do invest in companies that create value, and even some that don't. Currency hoarders are just allowing banks to take advantage of them and make money on someone else's money.

6.2K DUMPER DETECTED

EVACUATE

the x3 was an example and it's not far away form the truth
at least do you know that the great depression was caused by deflation ?

I suppose you were not looking at how BTC dipped and all other Crypos plummeted!!!
Now that is increased in value everything else has followed...

It is a well known fact.... all cryptos can be bought and purchased in bitcoin!!!! where have you been???1!!

Why do you brainlets need to shove everything into a clearly marked box.

It is unironically a new paradigm while also being subject to the greater fools theory and prone to bubble because of this.

It is probably much more than that but it remains to be seen.

>at least do you know that the great depression was caused by deflation ?

It wasn't, it was created by easy credit due to government and Federal Reserve credit expansion of 1924.

>The Federal Reserve System launched a further burst of inflation in 1927, the result being that total currency outside banks plus demand and time deposits in the United States increased from $44.51 billion at the end of June 1924, to $55.17 billion in 1929. The volume of farm and urban mortgages expanded from $16.8 billion in 1921 to $27.1 billion in 1929. Similar increases occurred in industrial, financial, and state and local government indebtedness. This expansion of money and credit was accompanied by rapidly rising real-estate and stock prices. Prices for industrial securities, according to Standard & Poor's common stock index, rose from 59.4 in June of 1922 to 195.2 in September of 1929. Railroad stock climbed from 189.2 to 446.0, while public utilities rose from 82.0 to 375.1
>The great depression was caused by deflation

This is the economic education of nocoiners

I'm just here to make money to buy more gold

chainlink is a technology that will change the world
the bigger fool is the one who ignores it

>I am certain that bitcoin will crash to double digits and remain forever in triple digits
Show me your leveraged short position right now or die in fire, you fucking faggot.

Depends on how you look at it.
There were mechanical computers long (even somewhat programmable) before our electrical ones.
Electrical ones were just an upgrade for the mechanical ones.
Might be the same with cryptocurrency. We'll see

>People saving their money in institutions is as necessary for a growing market as people spending their money is

Yes, but the spending does not need to be accelerated by threats of you losing your savings, the spending needs to be due to companies offering what people need.

What you do by accelerating money's velocity is simply leading the investment towards inelastic demand products such as housing, education, top 50 companies, etc. It's a transfer of money from the middle class to the elite.

It also makes people more dependent on banks in order for them to make their life plans true, societies that save have way higher entrepreneurship than those with more consumerism attitudes. There's a reason small countries in the mountains of Europe have been rich since forever.

why can't crypto and fiat coexist?

>bitcoin dum i smart is based on grater foool feory
>doesn't buy at $0.01 because he doesn't want to be the "greater fool"
>doesn't buy at $0.10 because he doesn't want to be the "greater fool"
>doesn't buy at $0.20 because he doesn't want to be the "greater fool"
>doesn't buy at $0.50 because he doesn't want to be the "greater fool"
>doesn't buy at $1.00 because he doesn't want to be the "greater fool"
>doesn't buy at $2.00 because he doesn't want to be the "greater fool"
>doesn't buy at $10.00 because he doesn't want to be the "greater fool"
>doesn't buy at $20.00 because he doesn't want to be the "greater fool"
>doesn't buy at $100.00 because he doesn't want to be the "greater fool"
>doesn't buy at $200.00 because he doesn't want to be the "greater fool"
>doesn't buy at $1000 because he doesn't want to be the "greater fool"
>doesn't buy at $2000 because he doesn't want to be the "greater fool"
>doesn't buy at $10000 because he doesn't want to be the "greater fool"

Can you imagine if you actually listened to OP's advice over the last 6-7 years? You'd be ridiculously poor.

alright, who didn't buy the dip at 6k and paying these 2 to spread FUD?

They can and they will. Until they won't.

I'd never looked at it that way before. Aren't the problems you've outlined (especially regarding losing value on savings) solved by holding stocks and bonds of those institutions that do so well?

If there are a few publicly traded companies that do remarkably well (the owners being the elite), then isn't it the responsibility of the diligent saver to be well diversified and own a portfolio of these companies? I'm not sure if elasticity is completely relevant here. It seems to me that the threat of losing your savings value is what drives the innovation and entrepreneurship. I could be wrong though.

check the usual suspect "freelancer" sites. Funny part, OP and his minion is probably paid in crypto

until they won't?

It's 100% just a couple of screeching faggots from red*it who sold the bottom. Now they are emotionally invested.
Yes, why would anyone use inferior fiat when crypto becomes accepted?

My wife's dad asked about bitcoin over the phone. He lives in the Philippines without internet connection. My dude, it's over.

right, i'm with you on that. thought you meant they would both disappear or some shit

>Aren't the problems you've outlined (especially regarding losing value on savings) solved by holding stocks and bonds of those institutions that do so well?

Precisely, that's why under quantitative easings bonds and housing prices go up.

People seek refuge from inflation and they do it in inelastic demand products, which are precisely the companies that the elite control.

>the threat of losing your savings value is what drives the innovation and entrepreneurship

What drives entrepreneurship is mostly risk management, and risks are mitigated when you rely on savings instead of debt, at least you know that if your company fails you won't on top of that owe money.

Are you an economist?

Thanks you guys for making me rich, god bless all of you

I actually hold 40 mBTC that I didn't pay anything for.

If BTC is trillions in the future, I'll be rich without buying anything.
Buying regularly is the scam.

no you idiot this is just an incentive a curiosity a beginning you fool do not be surprised if he buys a fucking PC and starts learning how to work and trade!!!! :-) :-)
Are You out of your mind... this is why this thin is in its awareness stage!!
I have heard so many people saying its over, over and nothing nothing at all... this is here to stay and not to disappear

understand that.....