/smg/ - stock market general

/smg/ - stock market general

get ready for the spanking of a lifetime edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest.
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Bought 3x daily eurostoxx 50 ETC on market open. Let's hope for some easy moneys.

You're think we're in for another rough day, huh?

oh nevermind

>Stocks drop primarily because they are overpriced (particularly in the US) and interest rates are going up (particularly in the US).
>Dow flips from -2% to +2% in a single afternoon
>The far more reasonably priced Asian stocks stay flat. Hang Seng ends up down.

Someone please explain this bullshit.

Why is it that amerishits can close their eyes, go balls deep in the S&P500 and beat fucking everyone?

Sorry I'm a dumb mobile poster and just copypasted it from the previous thread. I changed the XIV to SVXY though.

When Asians have their eyes open, they still can't see as much as Americans with their eyes closed, kek.

>bought MJX @ 37.36, crying inside

>US Futures dipping further and further

It's another buying opportunity right guy?

>SNAP

Because the good guys always win.

>confirmation email never arrived
they're just fucking with me now, aren't they

Bump

What % of your income do you all usually invest?

still way lower than IPO, lmao

> $DIS EPS beats expectations
> despite all areas besides Parks reporting lower-than-expected earnings

Really boggles the noggin

Complete noob here, just opened an account on Degiro. I know nothing about trading and want to start of small with a long-term plan of investing and having a diverse portfolio. Anyone willing to share some good books to read or websites with beginner-friendly explanations?

>Degiro
I haven't heard pretty things about them, especially if EU taxes are involved.
If you live in IT you better kill yourself now than to deal with their shit.

I live in Germany, not a kraut though. According to BrokerChooser it is the cheapest option. I would have gone for SaxoBank but they have a minimum of 1000 EUR for their account balance which is a bit too high for me know. I just want to start extremely low. What online broker would you recommend?

investing in your 20's and 30's for dummies

G O O S

Intelligent investor

Common stocks uncommon prodits

Security analysis

Thanks user

inform yourself on the tax matter, I have no idea on what trader is best in Germany, but it is usually a good idea to look for a German broker or at least a German-tax-compliant one.
Maybe look at Binck, but unsure.

>Intelligent investor, Common stocks.., Security analysis
Is it really feasible to tackle the big boys if you are a complete beginner? I have a copy of Intelligent Investor which I tried to read some years ago, it BTFO me.

Will do, thanks for the tip.

Cause that's what Warren Buffet taught us.

I have a sizable safety net in savings, but I try to put about 30% of my post tax man income.

the market is never wrong

I was going to say something, but the market is always right and I was wrong.

NAK ATTACK TODAY BOYS

>buy 3x Eurostoxx50
>neglegible gain

>in the meantime 3x SP500 is going to the MOON

>bought NSPR yesterday at .18
>hits .22 but didn’t sell
>settles back down to .19
>premarket down 7%
This is gonna hurt isn’t it?

>tfw asx on tuesday

Where's marky mark.

Keep between $10k or $20k in a good interest bearing savings account and then invest everything you make after paying your bills. The less secure your job is, the more you want in your emergency fund. The emergency fund is not to be drawn upon unless there is an '08 level crash event in which case you'll have lots of dry powder ready to invest.

What are the memes today lads?

Short snap chat.

Bull trap

Well, the correction due to the FED announcing the rise of interest rates happened, but the economy is still going strong in most places.

Euro stocks are green too.

After taxes and bills, usually 20% goes in stocks. Currently saving the remaining 80% to buy an appartement to rent.

BPMX

~70% goes to stocks, the rest goes to rent, bills and other mundane expenses.

Because America is G*d's chosen country :)

Mazor robotics
Git rich

How high is it going user? Clearly getting pumped

This is an interesting meme

When there's negative sentiment running rampant and long bulls have lost faith

Is that the time to buy the stock or will ot freefall further? Eyeing something like that happening right now

How is the company doing?

Redneck Bank (look it up, nigga) offers a savings account with 1.5% interest, which is pretty much unheard of right now. Personally I use Discover with a 1.4 APY right now because I already had the card and was too lazy to be bothered keeping track of another.

Terrible but they actually released some good pr recently. Have something down the pipeline for april. Stock pumped 50-60% in one day but then dumped below it

I'm a Burger living in Germany.

Saxobank is the only broker that will accept me. Krauts don't open trading accounts for Americans for some dumb reason, basically they're compliance pussies.

I tried Schwab, but international account requires 25k minimum, and I don't have that kinda cash.

Saxo will take you with open arms, the minimum is actually 2000, but if that's too much for you, you should be thinking about saving, and not investing.

Saxo ain't perfect though, they charge 15 fucking dollars per trade. My account is also hella glitchy, when I try adding stop orders, it kinda freezes, same if I try to close a position. I'm just curious, has anyone else had this kind of trouble?

>Saxo ain't perfect though, they charge 15 fucking dollars per trade
What the shit. Frog here, even my bank (LBP) which is pretty meh charges under 8€ per trade.

Earnings this week

What are the best apps on Android for the stock market?

yea it's fucked, if i fork over that kind of cash, i think i should be allowed to expect a platform that doesn't freeze when i try to place a stop-loss order

of course, if i bitch about it to customer service, they don't care, because i'm a small fry with only like a 3k account

fml desu

Nice job fixing swapping the XIV with SVXY

idk if SVXY will be the new volatility meme though. Their fund got hit pretty hard and might take years to recover. I feel like someone will just release a new short volatility ETF/ETN

You know that what you're saying doesn't make any sense right?

Just let him go. He's on a roll.

Well at least yours doesn't log you off if you spend more than 2 minutes idle.

I mean I like safety, security and the like, especially when dealing with money, but that shit is ridiculous.

I mean like it probably not going to hit the $100s again for years

Roomba seems like a good bet for a little short term bump. You know that plenty of people bought them as Christmas gifts for aging parents that can't stoop to clean like they used to.

Not an expert but there's Robinhood, Stash, Acorn but I'm a beginner myself so idk

Sorry I'm half asleep and fucked up lol. I just mean I think a better short volatility thing will come out. SVXY will never be the same as it used to be.

VMIN will stand on the pile of corpses.

From my experience VMIN ends up having a retarded spread on bid/ask prices after hours. SVXY usually stays within a penny. It's just something about the fund I never liked, and when trading volatility being able to liquidate at will is what it's all about.

Fuck you SNAP chat. What do I do sell more shares I don't have?

Stocktwits fucked? How else am I supposed to pump and dump?

VMIN was holding XIV/SVXY and shorting VXX though

The fund probably got raped hard

Who else is looking at anadarko favorably? About to put some cash into that puppy.

>rsys
Do something you pos

MU to the moon?

>be looking at transferring my money into interactive brokers from rd
>realize the cost of a trade is more for the amount I trade
>margin is cheaper though
Fuck, I don't want to have two accounts to keep up with. One is hard enough

Please help. Im new and I already have Robinhood and a couple apps for charts

yesterday was great, made back 18k in losses and hodling now

got an entry in amd at 11.60 not too bad

oh boy here I go buying in at the ceiling again

I was thinking of buying AMD as well, but I'm going to wait until it drops below 11

Same in regards to AMD. My avg on MU is a little high at 43.02

Not going to happen paco.

why is the AMD stock so much lower than the NVIDIA stock?

I believe it is a combination of low market share & it being a chink company.

Lower in gaming, photo/video editing, crypto farming, self-driving cars, etc.

It has been the poor mans GPU/CPU & remains as such.

Did anyone else buy MTCH for earnings? Feels good man.

because Trump is president and American business future is actually healthy now

we still do have a nigger spic problem though

Partly because, even after this "correction", Nvidia is inflated. Partly because Nvidia is worth a lot more than AMD.

AMD loses 500 million dollars a year

NVDIA is by far the superior company. It's like comparing Target and Amazon

mu avg at 43.85 4k shares

yonkers

Buy high, sell low, right?

>a better short volatility thing will come out.
>SVXY will never be the same as it used to be.

yeet
more just took a meh entry and bagholding to green

Is it a bad idea to get into the stock market now? I feel like I should wait for a crash as I'm only a college student and would only be able to put in like 1k (I have ~40k in crypto). If anything, I would just go all in with that 1k on a stock that is a good long term hold and literally not look at it for years. Any advice would be welcome

lmao
>40k in crypto but doesn't like stocks

100%

anyone else been playing the swings in weed stocks?

crazy volatility over the last couple weeks

Go all in on DRYS

nigger what are you doing

i have 200k net worth, only like 2k play money in crypto

I bought some MJX this morning. Easy money.

I'm a student and just put in 100$ a month to my Robinhood, should I stick with a shitton of penny stocks or would it be better to just have like 20 in Ford or something?

Penny stocks

Macom is on sale, possible correction coming, get in under 20.70

What's the hot meme today? Someone throw me a penny stock I can bag hold.

voo

Insufficient shares of SNAP for short sale! Fuck I guess that means I'm buying puts.