Shorting

former neet trying to figure shorting out. Any help? Tired of watching this shit and not getting in.

Other urls found in this thread:

bitmex.com/register/toYHiE
coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/volume/24-hour/no-fees/
bitmex.com/register/SVU1C1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Somebody lends you money, you buy the bitcoin high, you sell it at a lower (aka shorter) position, then the other guy has the bitcoin you were lent and has to pay it back to the guy who lent you it. You end up making money.

Pretty much this OP it's not that complicated

Currently an engineer. Only recently started watching this shit and started to see where to get in.

In situations like this your can make more money when BTC crashing than you can chasing moon missions if you know what you're doing, just by trading BTC, no need to touch altcoins.
Why the heck are you missing out on these gains user? BitMEX (the "mex" stands for Mercatile Exchange) is the only exchange in the world that offers 100X leverage (but it's not because you can that you must, go small and work your way up).
Let me explain what this means. So lets say you were to have longed (placed a buy order) for BTC at $10000. Let's also say you only have .01 BTC to trade with, or $100 worth. With .01 BTC you can buy 1 BTC. Then for every dollar BTC goes up, your position is worth $1 more. Say BTC goes to $12000, if you close your position you then get that $2000 in profit paid to you in BTC. I started with .03 BTC and in a week I've turned that into .35 BTC using basic TA. I always thought TA was just a meme but it actually works. I would suggest you learn TA before you start trading. I started out losing but haven't lost since. You can avoid that by using their testnet exchange to train with testnet (free) BTC.
You want a moon mission? BitMEX is your moon mission.
Euros and others can sign up freely but US users are banned (just sign up with a proxy and then you can login from a US IP with no questions asked). If you're going to sign up use my reference code, using a reference code gives you a %10 discount in fees. This may not sound like much but it's saved me hundred of dollars in the past weeks: bitmex.com/register/toYHiE

- Interface is amazing with professional grade advanced order types
- Liquidity it offers is completely unmatched, it's the biggest exchange volume wise: coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/volume/24-hour/no-fees/
- BTC deposits take less than 10 minutes: just 1 confirmation from the network needed
- Never down, doesn't matter the load, no shady flash crashes caused by website beeing down like Poloniex does

Here's my advice for anyone who wants to trade on bitmex

1. Read the docs and make sure you understand exactly how the contracts work (both futures and swap), profit/loss calculation and how liquidation works. make sure you understand the difference between mark price and index price

3. Make some trades on the testnet to confirm your understanding of the contracts and the site in general

4. I prefer trading on Cross. it's very important to not trade too many contracts. I strongly recommend not to trade so many contracts that your are more than 2x leveraged. ideally less than 1x, at least in the beginning

5. 1x shorts are way to cash out without using tether/fiat.

6. Don't forget to set a stop loss

Trading with leverage is a lot harder than most people think. By far most traders on there lose money because they use too much leverage, those that trade with x100 leverage lose all their money, so don't use that.

I'm dying

Ffs don't listen to this brainlet. Shorting BTC involves selling someone else's BTC with your BTC as capital. You sell their BTC with the intention of buying back in at a lower price. You then are given the difference of that sale paid to you in BTC minus fees and lending fees. You can sell at 1X leverage which is essentially locking in the USD price of your position. Or you can leverage trade where you sell more than you can own, then if the price of BTC goes up, you have to pay the lender the difference in the BTC that your position lost. This is a simplified version that anyone with half a brain should understand so don't any of you autists start screaming about how I'm wrong. If you're really interested in it then sign up for BitMEX and throw a little bit of BTC into it. Start out with low leverage. Never use more than 5X starting out unless you literally want to gamble. Use my reference for 10% off fees:
bitmex.com/register/SVU1C1
I'll answer any other questions you have.

Seriously be careful user - you'll likely get your face ripped off doing this.

Also don't listen to this guy, he literally copy pasta'd my post 3 weeks ago and has been shilling it ever since. Honestly dude how many references have you gotten from this? I'm genuinely curious.

If set up a stop a few dollars in the lose then I would only lose the difference? And I would have all the road clear for just profits

This dude is getting pissed out at himself for copying his post

don't use more than 2.5x leverage OP it's a whippy market

Yes, but you literally can't do this with 100X unless you are able to call the absolute top which is nearly impossible. Then you want to set a stop loss and progressively move it down as the spot price goes lower. With lower margins you can set a stop loss right away and forget about it.

What? We are two different people. He copied my OP 3 weeks ago and has been shilling it in every thread that vaguely mentions trading on margin or BitMEX.

use the bitmex demo or you'll get absolutely fucked when you try it
don't chase stuff that's falling hard, it's ALWAYS about to bounce and take out your stop, if you don't have a stop you're a fucking retard, have a stop.

Shorting is really fucking risky. Good luck timing the market. Better off just buying a coin and putting in a sell order at +40%.

Utterly realistic and extremely heterosexual post

Play pokies you'll lose your money slower

There are ways to mitigate the risks. You start with demos, then you get real and start playing with leverage slowly. You don't need to jump in this cycle, but it's useful stuff to learn.