Marriage

>marriage

Pros and cons

Is it truly something all men must do for ultimate fulfillment?

How do you protect your assets from the government/legal system?

I used to laugh at marriage fags...but currently feeling immense pressure from girlfriend

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce_demography
youtube.com/watch?v=QUMAyLIx5I0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Does she take it in the shitter?

Women sure love it. I think it's because they risk nothing and potentially gain a lot. They can annul the marriage at any time and have no obligations in terms of marital duties.

the fact that you're unsure enough about marriage to be asking these kinds of questions means you should probably dump this cunt

>Does she take it in the shitter?
The only important question

yep

Normal people aren't like this lmao (((my assets)))

marriage is a meme
high risk, no reward

If you want to have kids, get married and stay married.

Run, OP. Run far far away.

Until the family law industry is abolished marriage is dead.

Its nice, but literally a thing just to keep men from leaving women.

Literally any guy with more than two brain cells to rub together is skeptical about marriage in the modern West, faggot. See

Marriage is only worth it if she's a virgin

Prove me wrong

If she was a virgin when you met her, then you may consider it.

If she wasn't then you should not marry her under any circumstances

you know the girl sucks a mean dick when the beta man starts thinking about marriage

>NEET vidya biz faggots select themselves out of the gene pool
Natural Law is my God.

If she’s not someone you enjoy spending more time with than the boys, maybe you need to keep looking. I’ve got it made with my wife, but it’s not always the case. Was married before, and it was shit. Not trump.

>Pros and cons
Neat stuff happens with your taxes that usually benefits you
You can't marry a waifu pillow
>Is it truly something all men must do for ultimate fulfillment?
If that's what you want, then sure
>How do you protect your assets from the government/legal system?
Prenup
>I used to laugh at marriage fags...but currently feeling immense pressure from girlfriend
>Girlfriend while posting for advice on Veeky Forums

Marriage only worth it if she’s worth more than you.

For a man that’s impossible because the woman would either A. Not be interested or B. Give you no sex and will get fucked by Chad

So that leads us to conclude that marriage for a man isn’t worth it. Why would you want to attach yourself to an inferior for the rest of your life?

>I'm too poor to worry about money

Also let me dispel some marriage myths

myth 1: My sex life is great! Surely marriage will improve it or at least maintain it
Reality: Sex declines after marriage
Myth 2: I was only able to get 1 girlfriend...She'll leave me if I don't marry her!
Reality: Even if she does, you can find a new bitch
Myth 3: Divorce rates aren't *that* bad. She's different
Reality: She isn't

>you have to be married to have kids or be in a loving relationship.
Eat a dick faggot, I'm not married and have two kids

>tfw my GF was not a virgin

should I dump her? Im basically just using her for sex. she thinks im ganna eventually marry her

Why do I need to get married in order to have children?

Daddy?

That's why you draft a prenup, and don't marry someone who is looking to freeload off of you.

If you're gonna larp at least put some effort into it.

Yep. That’s why I married my wife. She’s maybe not the prettiest girl on earth but she won’t fuck any dick thrown at her and take all my shit in divorce.

if you have kids and you're not married, it won't save you from paying alimony, you dunce
>unless you kill the wife *lennyface.ascii*

its true :]

Lol have fun paying alimony when she drops you without having to go through a court proceeding.

If you get married before 35 you're fucking retarded

Good for you user. AWALT, in that all women have the potential to be degenerate, vicious succubi, but that potential is not always actualized.

>alimony
which still beats losing 50% of your wealth when the prenup is thrown out

>Not getting a surrogate pregnancy

You get kids and some bitch can't take them away from you. Win-win.

a very american problem
most other countries have common sense around marriage laws

This

I'm in Canada, it's even worse.

I'll just get a surrogate.

north american problem then

>feeling immense pressure from girlfriend
1 Beta
2 If that's the reason for marriage you know something is up

divorce rates really aren't bad at all when you factor in all the people getting multiple marriages/divorces. It's the serial fucks that have ruined the metric.

The rest is true. Dated 100+, multi-year with 5 of them, married the one that is most reserved and successful. As for the sex things, it goes in cycles.

THIS. I swear, not even kidding

realize that literally every guy thinks this about his wife but 50% of them end up being wrong

before you even want to get married, ask yourself these questions.

do you have enough financial resources to support her?
why is she attracted to you?
is she emotionally stable?
what is your end goal?
are you aiming to have kids with her?
what is her background?
do you want a potential lifelong relationship with her?
it is worth your investment?
what are the chances of getting divorce?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divorce_demography

remember that most western countries have a very high divorce rate, there is a booming industry just for people getting divorce.
youtube.com/watch?v=QUMAyLIx5I0

this guy gets it. i'm 32 and almost all my friends that got married in their 20s are divorced already fucking idiots

White person problem

Prenup, have great kids, decide whether you want to drop your wife or not after the kids move out as adults and enjoy not worrying about the sweet release ion death knowing a part of you carries on.

im not larping im serious. i lost my virginity to her, she had 2 chads before me. I felt cucked

It's a best friend with nice tits you get to fuck every other day. I'm not seeing a downside, are you?

Actually those statistics are wrong because they recount girls that have divorced multiple times. There's a smaller minority of shit entitled bitches that blow up the statistic for a lot of girls because they move from husband to husband and divorce 5 times because no one is good enough for their bitchy entitled ass.... Basically don't marry a divorced bitch.

actually myth 2 you got wrong she will leave regardless of marriage. she'll cheat on him once then realize how crappy he and his little dick are and either leave him or cuck him.

Can't take my money if I lost it on shit coins.

brap

33 here. only married because she had every bit of her shit together other than investment/retirement planning

>Why do I need to get married in order to have children?

You don't, you only need to if you want your kids to have a better chance at happiness.

And people can save your outlier examples. On average, parents in a loving relationship provide the best environment for raising mentally healthy children.

So either don't have kids or do so in a stable relationship with a person you love and plan on spending you life with. You'll be raising your kids for over 20 years depending on how many you have.

>prenup
This meme still exists?
What a shitty meme that isn't even reliable

no you don't, only in north america is marriage so heavily pressured. plenty of kids in scandinavian countries live in healthy families and not being married != mean you cannot live with and spend plenty of time with your kids. its a process for greedy women and insecure men, if a couple is truly happy there is literally zero incentive to marry (after i think 20 years of living together in US legally you will be considered married even its that meaningless)

prenups don't work

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now.... BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite..... BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes….

Once a girl has 3 partners, the success of a long term relationship drops to 50%.

Study up on marriage privatization, then have a serious discussion with you'r potential new piece of property. Consensual of course.

>Virgin when I met her, mutual exchange of virginities
>Parents are very well financed, father owns small software company, mother worked for Boeing for 20+ years and has a corporate pension
>She's pursuing a degree in computational math at a top university, while I'm just beginning work for [large corporation] working IT
>0 debt

Now, possible downsides:
>Her GPA is just under 3.0, has 3 semesters left
>She hasn't interned anywhere reputable, just one summer at her father's company
>Very emotionally dependent on me
>Long distance until she finishes school (3 hour drive difference)
>Different personalities, but we resolve conflict very well and she's incredibly loyal

I am 22 and she is 21, we've been dating for ~2 years. The positives outweigh the negatives with regards to possibly marrying her after she finishes school, right Veeky Forums?

it doesnt get better than this marry asap

I thought so, a couple times I've evaluated being single again just to experience the fun/thrill of new people, but I have a strong feeling that it would leave me with crippling regret for the rest of my life

>has a virgin with 0 debt
>complains about GPA

Fuck you, dude. You've hit gold.

>Is it truly something all men must do for ultimate fulfillment?
lmao

Don’t get married for pressure.

Marriage is useful to start a family and dynasty, also helps normalise you at ages 40+, but if having kids doesn’t interest you now then don’t get married now

You shouldn't expect a female to have a a full-time job anyway at her age. Prime breeding time ends for her in 9 years, after that she can pursue all the degrees or high-tier jobs she wants after the kids are grown up some. Sounds like a good one.

If she is the one for you then you should get married. You know the risks and challenges and that is why you can overcome/deal with them.

The men who get raped by divorce are the betas who went into it oblivious of the challenges to maintaining a healthy relationship and the gender issues of our time and so let themselves fail shit test after shit test. Be the leader of the relationship with your woman and you can raise a happy family. Don't let nihilistic MGTOW cowards blackpill you. Just because you see other retards get shafted doesn't mean you will. Talk about your concerns about marriage directly with your girl, explain what you don't want to happen, how you would want it to be different than the mistakes so many other couples make.

That's stupid advice, friendships are completely different than romantic relationships. Of course men get something out of male companionship that they can't find with women.

My wife makes more money than me. Marry someone successful and intelligent with a good career. At least that way you get something out of the deal with a greatly increased standard of living and wealth

ring that finger NOW

WE ARE THE NOFAP MARINES AND WE ARE NOT FUCKING CUMMING

Do you have evidence of that? I know people claim the statistics are skewed, but never has anyone presented evidence of exactly how much they skew it by

Live together for a couple years first. Simple

>

Most of that shit you listed does not matter.

Positives or Negatives? Or both?

Since she's more traditional than the average modern western woman, she wouldn't live with someone unless engaged, so it would have to be an all in

Take exemple on Leo dicaprio.
He is the perfect role model.
Did he got married?
No. So BTFO.

Put your foot down you cuck. You should have already established dominance in the relationship, especially if you want traditional family gender roles.
Otherwise why the fuck are you even considering an archaic institution like marriage?

This... wife pulling close to $200k... works out barre and Pilates... lulu lemon and Athleta pants ... nice ass.
Sex... strong 18 years and counting. Who wakes up to blow jobs after 18 years because she wants to treat me?
This user

Good luck kids .. I can die tmw I already won in life desu

Marriage is a sham. No upsides at all.

>What about taxes?

You'll spend far more on a wedding and ring and shit to keep her happy than you'll ever save on taxes.

Literally nothing you can't do single that you can only do married.

If you're single you can still:
Love someone
Live with someone
Have kids with someone
Have sex
Have a joint bank account if you're that foolish
Set someone else up as a beneficiary

Why would anyone set themselves up so poorly just to make a woman happy on one super expensive wedding day with the excuse that it's an extremely out dated tradition.

I'd trade it for good blowjob skills.

You type like a fag, grandpa.

Pros:

1. If you want kids, marriage is a must if you want them to be well-adjusted. Boys need a good father figure or they become out of control and girls need a good father or they become a whore.
2. Marriage is great if you're with the right woman.
3. Some minor benefits, like taxes, better insurance rates.
4. A sense of fulfillment that comes from raising a family the right way, fulfilling the reason for your biological existence.
5. You won't die alone assuming the marriage is good and lasts. A good wife is priceless, a bad wife will destroy you.

Cons:

1. Knowing you're with the right woman is a toss of the dice, she might change after you're married.
2. Sex with the same person for the rest of your life (most people would admit this is a con if they were being totally honest).
3. You're still expected to be committed to each other even though one or both of you changes through the years.
4. You lose freedom once you're married. More so once you have kids. Dreams have to be given up to make room for the marriage.
5. Divorce is very, very ugly, especially for men.

If not marriage then what's a good alternative? Making money, getting Veeky Forums, dating but never settling down. This will work until you're too old to attract hotties and which case you're going to resort to banging hookers.You will get lonelier and lonelier as the years pass, you're window for having kids will close as no woman of child bearing age will want to be with you unless you're absolutely loaded or a good looking gray fox.

It's a tough call, but yes, most men would be happier with a good woman as a life partner. A life long commitment is not easy to make. That's why marriage vows are so sacred, because it's very easy to walk away and humans aren't designed for monogamy. It's important to have the assurance and for both sides to take it seriously especially when kids are involved. Will this scenario actually happen. Maybe, maybe not. But most people decide to roll those dice.

Brilliant, wise advice user. I think you nailed it there...

Nice just bought 100k ven

>commit crime
>"Uh you can't make my spouse testify xD"
Being a gay mafiaso duo is the way of the future

>1 post by this ID
gas yourselves my gents

Marry now, don't even wait til school is out.

Let's say that you've found your soulmate, a girl with a 9/10 personality that loved you when you were a broke ass and still does to this day.
There's only one big downside: The sex sucks. She doesn't like blowjobs, not even handjobs, and generally has a very low sex-drive.
While you yourself have a fairly creative, playful and well balanced sexuality that isn't fulfilled in this situation.
Would you marry her?

There are only 2 real reasons to get married.
1. You are very religious. Not just holiday religious.
2. You need to hold a lot of joint property and aren't able to use other legal means.

That is it. You could avoid getting married legally with the government and just have a ceremony.

have you ever asked a feminist why females dont get drafted into wars

prenup, more like PRETHROWNOUT

FUCK NO. Holy shit. This is the only person you'll be fucking for ETERNITY pretty much. Do you really want that sex to suck?

Sometimes I think back to my ex, who didn't want to suck my balls because she thought it was "degrading". Now that I'm used to a girl who actually LOVES sex and is into the same crazy shit as me, it fills me with irritation even thinking about that.

The thrill of modern dating is not that thrilling. It's usually just swiping on dating apps then matching with someone and maybe meeting them and then 80% of the time realizing they are a disappointing mess of a person. If you feel like you will regret it you will regret it.

She just doesn't like sex with you user, she's getting it somewhere else.

Are you white?

If yes, fucking marry her and pump out those white babies user.

If not, you're a fucking cuck and you will be the cause of the downfall of civilization.

You've hit gold and you're complaining. Wife that bitch up.

op is a huge faggot and his bitch is ugly af