I have made nearly a million dollars and im planing on putting it in a bank and live of the interests this bank is...

I have made nearly a million dollars and im planing on putting it in a bank and live of the interests this bank is going to give me
Basically i want to earn easy money without working for the rest of my life
If i follow this plan what can go wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

marketwatch.com/story/protect-your-portfolio-with-these-5-basic-hedging-strategies-2014-10-28
investopedia.com/university/options/option.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Alot if you dont develop your 3rd eye

Put it in Bank of China, they has insanely high interest for foreign money

Get it out of fiat.
Do gold, real estate, blue-chip stocks, etc
For investing either put it in a good hedge fund or learn to be a day trader yourself.

user just buy OMG and live off the staking rewards. See you on Mars.

Im already reading about it, thanks
But what i need right now is to know how can i lose my money. I dont want to end up living under a bridge sucking dicks for five dollars

Dude buy like 10,000 dollars worth of neo as well. The gas gains you recieve monthly will be incredible. Plus you wont have to keep your hands off of it. You can cash in on the gas the second it hits your wallet.

Banks pay absolute shit interest, you would need waaaaay more than a million to live off bank interest. At LEAST buy some corporate bonds or some shit. Diversify.

NEO pays out 4% annually it’s worse than stocks

This. High-yield savings used to be 8 percent yearly. Not anymore famalam care to tell me about that Chinese banking thing tho?

Hello friend, buy some land in missouri a nice comfy house and you can live off 1 million for the rest of your life like a king.

:P

I hope to be able to make it someday 500k would retire me and my family pretty solidly.

Remember plant fruit trees, raise a garden perhaps animals if ya want to do that part.

If ya need any tips on living a homestead style just let me know. I am very happy for you friend!

explain

Thats one way of looking at it. You could also use the gas to keep buying into other projects

I have always wanted to have a big garden, if everything works out just fine i will start growing my own food

You don't stop working user, one million isn't enough. I know that you think it is because the net 40K you would have historically been bringing in is more than enough for a lifeless vidya NEET who never wants more. But what the fuck are you going to do if it fucks up down the road and you can't make rent? Go back to work after years of unemployment? You will never truly be safe.

What you do is buy your home outright. Forget about housing predictions, you won't be forced to sell so even the greatest crash in history would be nothing more but an upgrade opportunity to you. You will never have to worry about making rent or mortgage payments, consider the money you save to be your interest, you can reinvest that straight into juicier risk without ever having consider killing yourself.

You will still have to work, but you will have something to do and 30% more of that pay will remain in your pocket. If you do not want to work for better man then buy a home on a business, the farm user was right.

What? You are comparing dividends to growth I think

What interest? you literally lose money by keeping your money in a bank to inflation.

buy treasuries or go into real estate for returns above inflation

swap "bank" with "index fund" and your post makes sense

This. Just invest in index funds. If you're worried about stock market crashes, also invest in put options periodically in order to hedge your bets.

This sounds like a great way to lose your money. Why the fuck would you trust your money to a foreign bank in China, where the banks are sketchy and government controlled?

How would it "fuck up"? If you invest in an index and hedge your bets with options, you should be very safe even in an economic crash.

marketwatch.com/story/protect-your-portfolio-with-these-5-basic-hedging-strategies-2014-10-28
investopedia.com/university/options/option.asp
good articles to read

I get 1.25% monthly with ally which is still shit but it's better than 8% yearly

What the fuck you know about Missouri I thought everyone confirmed you were pajeet

>I get 1.25% monthly
no you don't.
that would be over 16% return annually
that's a better return than many ponzi schemes claim

Diversify across gov bonds and safe corp bonds. You'll make ~4% yearly.

Right and how much will he then have left after paying for these insurance policies? How does he weather slow times without eating into his principle? How much can he really, safely, take for himself every year without fail whilst treading water for the next 60 years?

Not working with this kind of bankroll just seems ridiculous, an index whilst working is fair but taking into account he will forever be paying a premium for accommodations I'm not convinced of the value.

You could just put a proportion of your money in treasury bonds. You could just adjust and hedge into options when the market begins to get unstable. The cost of options would be about equal to your interest over the whole year, assuming you kept buying enough to completely eliminate risk at all times. You could adjust how much options you buy depending on the circumstances of the market.

Put it in an Iranian bank. They give around 25% interest.

>what is inflation

You'd better check that again. Pretty sure its per year.

tru tho

Any financial instruments that pay out interest in cash (check or deposit)? Aside from stock dividends I guess. The NEO and GAS idea is interesting