Paying customers are supporting Tesla through its production struggle -- they’ve put down more than $850 million in...

>Paying customers are supporting Tesla through its production struggle -- they’ve put down more than $850 million in deposits for vehicles including the Semi truck and Roadster sports car Musk showed off in November.
>“If we can send a Roadster to the asteroid belt, we can probably solve Model 3 production,” Musk said on a conference call with analysts Wednesday, shortly after tweeting another photo of his Roadster hurtling through space.

How, HOW the fuck did such a blatant con artist become a billionaire?

Other urls found in this thread:

nofile.io/f/b3Wmo4jk24m/Ashlee Vance - Elon Musk; Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=L_6ftbpozuw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How, HOW the fuck did such a blatant con artist become a billionaire?
In-Q-Tel CIA backing

Hes a brilliant businessman?

>launch a mass-produced car in orbit
>literally a cheap dummy payload and marketing gimmick
>claim technical innovation and success

Hype
the people that preorder the Model 3 are absolute idiots. Setting up a brand new factory is a logistical a nightmare and probably underestimated how much things needs to be tuned out before you even deliver a sufficient product. The panal gaps and crooked doors on Teslas are absolutely hilarious

also the worker conditions are a nightmare, won't let the UAW in, fucking buying a factory to manufacture in COMMIEFORNIA

good luck tesla, the rust belt gonna destroy you
tesla will only survive as a luxury brand if it survives

tesla is a ponzi scheme.

It's actually more like charity.

Yeah, its not like the rocket that carried it was innovative in any way. Why, I'm sure you could have done that rocket science with 3 boosters and calculating the dynamic stresses and fuel mixing and detaching in your sleep!

You just chose not to because you are a busy guy doing more important things.

A friend of mine is a mid level exec based out of their NorCal facility. Their management team is a fucking joke. They preach quality but really just push cars out. They are beyond behind promised production numbers. Their QA department is almost nonexistent which is why cars come back in DROVES. Anyone that buys cars from them is a fool.

Elon Musk doesn't care at all about Tesla and focuses on space. I can't imagine a company run this poorly lasting longterm.

>“If we can send a Roadster to the asteroid belt, we can probably solve Model 3 production"
CGI Model 3's incoming

i thought teslas were good.... what car am i supposed to get then?

>musk does the engineering
>musk doesn't just come up with dumbshit ideas and pushes it on his engineers

Have you considered learning how he did it?
nofile.io/f/b3Wmo4jk24m/Ashlee Vance - Elon Musk; Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future.pdf

I N THE SUMMER OF 1994, Musk and his brother, Kimbal, took their first steps toward becoming
honest-to-God Americans. They set off on a road trip across the country.
Kimbal had been working as a franchisee for College Pro Painters and done well for himself,
running what amounted to a small business. He sold off his part of the franchise and pooled the money
with what Musk had on hand to buy a beat-up 1970s BMW 320i. The brothers began their trip near
San Francisco in August, as temperatures in California soared. The first part of the drive took them
down to Needles, a city in the Mojave Desert. There they experienced the sweaty thrill of 120-degree
weather in a car with no air-conditioning and learned to love pit stops at Carl’s Jr. burger joints,
where they spent hours recuperating in the cold.
The trip provided plenty of time for your typical twenty-something hijinks and raging capitalist
daydreaming. The Web had just started to become accessible to the public thanks to the rise of
directory sites like Yahoo! and tools like Netscape’s browser. The brothers were tuned in to the
Internet and thought they might like to start a company together doing something on the Web. From
California to Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota, and Illinois, they took turns driving, brainstorming,
and talking shit before heading back east to get Musk to school that fall. The best idea to arise from
the journey was an online network for doctors. This wasn’t meant to be something as ambitious as
electronic health records but more of a system for physicians to exchange information and
collaborate. “It seemed like the medical industry was one that could be disrupted,” Kimbal said. “I
went to work on a business plan and the sales and marketing side of it later, but it didn’t fly. We didn’t love it.”

OP its okay to be salty. little shit for brains genetic waste like you have shitty unattractive boring ass irrelevant lives so the most you can be is be salty.
>be salty user!

This, slash thread

>he think space x is real
youtube.com/watch?v=L_6ftbpozuw

Fucking Flatearthing redneck GTFO before I slap all the damn stupid shit out of your thinker box

Hey Elon
How's the model 3 production going?

Have you seen how GM operates?
Obviously car companies can survive anything.

I read it and what I understood is that he got really lucky and could have lost it all several times.

t. retarded globetard