Anyone else disapointed with most restaurants...

Anyone else disapointed with most restaurants? I thought eating at restaurants every day would be great but I found making my own food tastes better and is more filling its just time consuming. sad

thanks just bought 100k

I just order grub hub

yep, most restaurants are shit.

Recently my portfolio has shrunk to 1/4 of what I was so no more ordering delivery food for me.

I'm about to go to the supermarket to get myself some supplies. I need stuff that I can eat every day without getting tired of it and that's as cheap as possible. Right now I'm thinking of buying a fuckton of rice and prepare that with different stuff every day, but I'm sure I'll get tired of that eventually. Pasta too, I am so fucking sick of pasta. Any other ideas? Help me save some money.

Grow youre own pizza

Restaurants use a shit ton of butter, salt, and additives in an attempt to make their food taste better, but you honestly can't beat fresh ingredients grown and cooked at home.

Healthier and cheaper, hard to argue with that.

Majority of restaurants get supplies from Sysco which is shit so most restaurants are shit

Potatoes has enough in them to hold you over by themselves. Cut them up hash style, boil for 10 minutes then fry in pan with tons of oil. Throw some spring onion in at the end, little pink salt fucking beautiful

did you see their stock today? holy shit

Also pink salt is a life saver, only use it. Get rid of your table salt

Come to San Francisco

Muh Oga-Boga cuisine

>he fell for the pink salt meme
>chortlingwenches.jpeg

No ones gonna visit that shithole

Double stuffed potatoes. Get a big baking potatoe, pike holes in both sides deep. Cover with some pink salt and wrap in aluminum foil. Bake for an hour. Take potatoes out, scoop out the insides. Mi in bowl with 1 teaspoon sour cream 1 teaspoon of butter half cup of mozzarella half an onion some more spring onion(or chives but not both). Fry up some lardons (fatty bacon), throw in together with potatoes mix it all till mushy well mixed. Put back in potatoe skin and bake for another 20 mins. Enjoy

My dubs don't lie. Good luck with glass in your salt brah

I can count good restaurants in my city with one hand.

Fuck my writing is like ebonics fucking phone

The fuck does that even mean?
I can feel the jealousy emanating from your flyover shit hole. You may not agree with the politics but it's the best city in the world if you like good food. Every restaurant is top notch

*sips*

What third world shit hole are you from where they put glass in their salt?
Real talk you should be using a high quality kosher salt as your cooking salt. Pink salt is ok but the grain size is usually too big and it's overpriced for no reason

Lmao I live in Manhattan and I’m disappointed by 7/10 restaurants

This so much, the the older you get the more amateurs you see.
Maybe we should both open a restaurant?

Currently in evening cooking school (for fun) and yes I do agree for sure

It's not overpriced if you buy it in bulk sizes friendo
>Costco master race reporting in

you have to choose right
never ever eat at those cookie cutter corporate franchise burger joints
DYOR on 1st tier chefs and boutique restaurants offering you an experience, not merely food

All western table salt is made one part salt one part glass one part sand. Only pure salt like rock salt is safe from the sea or mountains.

Thanks, bros, potatoes it is.

Whatever floats your boat, but pink salt is just overpriced rock salt (even if you buy in bulk) and is fine for finishing but not the best for cooking.
But at the end of the day it's salt so it's whatever I'm just a snob because I'm a chef

Or cook duck, use the fat to fry potatoes and throw some rosemary and thyme with it to pimp it up (salt as well)

Yes duck fat on potatoes is god tier. If I'm frying them up quick I use peanut oil

>be Dutch
>Dutch cuisine uses lots of veggies in the dishes
>all restaurants just give you a large piece of meat with barely any veggies
I love meat, but it cant replace a complete and balanced meal.

Isn't duck expensive as fuck? duck, fuck, he, he, he

I refuse to eat at restaurants in general because I don't agree with the concept of tipping.

You are what you eat be careful anons

I used to be a chef and this is my advise to you guys; DONT GO EAT TO A RESTAURANT unless you know one of the chefs who works in there. Those people are dirty, they do all king those stuff you can't even imagine with your food. Do you really think most of those losers wash their hands after going to the toilet? Think again!!

The worst are Asian, those losers give you the rest of other people once it comes back to their kitchen. And if you send your plate back because there is something you don'y like... Hahaha, ah, they don't like the way I cook? And I let you imagine who someone who has been working 12 to 15 hours a day on a daily basis for a minimum wage thinks once the owner or the waiter come tell him how bad of a cook he think he is. Most of them are alcoholics, drug addicts and they wife is probably cheating on them because they are always gone.

It's a fucking dirty job and the only thing I learned from it (except how to cook like a king for the lady's) is that I will never go pay some faggot to make my food. I still do some extras because I'm studying and it is amazing how many pigs, losers and so on you come across in this field.

wtf no. buy steak on the bone. sprinkle salt. grill on an open flame for a couple min. eat with your hands, especially the stuff connected to the bone. guaranteed you’ll feel the best you have your whole life. fuck ton of energy, literally watch your skin and hair rejuvenate in a matter of days

Come to Italy, we are eating good there

Mate that's cause of all the growth hormones pumped into your cows you fat fuck.

Make soup. You can make tons of it ahead of time and its cheap af. Literally just need mirepiox (celery, carrots, and onions), broth of your choice, and meat if you want. Oil and garlic help for sauteeing the mirepiox and adding flavor. Like $40 for a week for healthy tasty food.

Changing it up isnt difficult either. Potato soup is just adding potatoes, and a roux which is just a fat mixed with flour. So if youre adding bacon to the soup, just cook the bacon before making the soup and use the fat from the bacon to make your roux. Super cheap.

For tomato soup, instead of a complete mirepiox just use onions, or celery, or both. Add some canned tomatoes, and heavy cream.

Spices help, im assuming you already have some, but if not, dont worry about adding them.

Its all extremely cheap, and its healthy and tasty.
Also, add salt to taste at the end.

t. amerimutt

I've really stepped up my game recently with regards to cooking.
I've been experimenting with a lot of Heston Jewmenthal recipes, including some molecular gastronomy shit.
It's really not that difficult. with just a little more effort and bit more washing up you make food better than you'd get in 95% of restaurants.

American cuisine haha
Come to france you retard. Restauration here is sacred.
But you slowly ruining it with all your fast food chains invading us (burger kings 4yo ago Chipotle and five guys last year, , papajohns this year ETC)

God, that's a great idea, I don't know why I didn't think of soup. I'll add some chicken to it to give it some substance. I don't think I can get tired of soup and there are many kinds I can prepare.

Thanks, user.

Yeah, when I was living on my own in college I used to make a big ass pot of soup or chili every week, munch on it, and freeze a portion.

Got pretty good at cooking.

Chili was the best bang for my buck for me. Plenty of protein, fiber, and veggies. You can extend it out with rice if you need to. Same with any soup really. Throw some noodles, rice, or beans/barley in it to extend it out. I found that cooking the carbs fresh and throwing it into your premade soup works best. If the carb sits in the soup for a week, it ruins the texture.

better idea, mine your own pizza

nothing bad about butter and salt

>but muh heart medical conditions
>muh colesterol

shut up it got disproven to have such an effect, specially the omega 3 and omega 6 fat myth. and salt is only affecting people who had an condition before and only rises bloodpressure by 10%

kys

Btw since you shared some recipes with me, I'll share one with you. My father taught me this one years ago. You'll need:

1 Sausage (preferably chorizo)
4-5 medium sized potatoes.
1 Big red bell pepper.
1 Garlic.
Some olive oil (I guess you can use any other kind of oil but this is what I use)
Some paprika

First you cut the sausage and bell pepper in small pieces (like 2-3 cm each) and the potatoes in slightly bigger pieces, maybe each potatoe cut into 3 or 4 pieces. You also want to cut the garlic really thin, so that it disappears later when you boil everything together.

Then you put some oil on the bottom of a pot and fry in it the garlic. Don't make the oil too hot or you'll burn the garlic. Before the garlic is brown, add the bell pepper and the sausage and fry it all together for a bit. Add then the paprika. Add a lot, like a couple of spoons of it. Stir it all together with the bell pepper and the sausage as it fries. Add then the potatoes and keep stirring for another minute or so. The idea is to spread a bit the flavour, don't try to fry the potatoes or anything. Once it has fried for a bit add water, just enough to cover everything but not more. Then you let it boil for about 30 mins. Add some salt to it if you like it salty. At the end the potatoes should be soft but whole. If you overcook it don't worry, it's still fine.

You can scale this to any size and store lots of it as it lasts for a while in the fridge. It's really nutritious and as the main ingredient is potatoes you can cook a lot of it for a very reasonable price.

As an unsatisfied restaurant addict I can confirm it's not worth the cost. I can cook way better. The liquor store has a much better beer selection. That being said I really like drinking draft beer and being waited on. Gotta cool it with thst shit I think I spent 1200 bucks in the last month going out to eat.

>muh keto

Learn to love nuts. Maybe peanut butter even, though walnuts are king. That shit seems expensive but is actually really cheap compared to how many calories and nutritional value you're getting per 100g.

1kg of walnuts costs 10 euros here, that's like 6000 calories. A 1kg can of peanut butter online costs like 5 euros, same calories (though less nutritional value) and twice as cheap.

I love eating out.

That being said, one thing I don't like is the cost cutting that all restaurants employ.

You might sit down at a steakhouse where a plate is $50, and the cut of steak is the finest a person can get, BUT the oils, butter, spices, and other aspects of the dish will be the absolute cheapest garbage money can buy.

When you cook at home you can be aware of the quality of every single ingredient.

>le flyover state
California is a fucking hellhole, you're deluding yourself.

Fruits, vegetables, lentils, legumes.

My GF does not eat meat. She has opened my eyes to all the good things you can make and eat from the grocery store that aren't the run of the mill pasta, burgers, and pizza.

Dude

You're so wrong.

Like, so wrong.

You probably think excess sugar can't trigger diabetes or that smoking doesn't cause cancer either.

I have a friend who has been a chef for 8 years, and this post is 100% accurate.

Why any person would choose to become a cook/chef is incredible. It's a hard working job where you will constantly receive criticism and you'll never even hit $50k a year.

Like holy shit. I'm a contractor and I don't even work that hard. I'll make $80k this year.

He's not completely wrong but not right either. Sugar doesn't directly cause type 2 diabetes but does by increasing fat stores which in turns affects insulin sensitivity. Similarly their is a body of evidence suggesting salt may cause hypertension through vessel inflammation rather than increased osmotic pressure.
However sugar is the real enemy and fat (especially saturated) does raise cholesterol which increases your risk of mi and cva and excess fat is still put down as adipose in the body and increases your risk of diabetes and other health issues.
Anyone who thinks smoking is fine spend one day on a resp ward in a hospital with people dying of copd. Will make you give up that day.