As you get older your brain loses its plasticity at some point and you get wedded to the frameworks that you have

>As you get older your brain loses its plasticity at some point and you get wedded to the frameworks that you have.

Wish those two would fuck my ass

Cool, thanks for the info

AGEISM REEEEEEEE

Didn't zucc say the exact same thing like 5 years ago? Why are they always trying to copy that guy?

>Didn't zucc say the exact same thing like 5 years ago?
No.

I like the chadtwins but I don't 100% agree with this. Neuroplasticity is one of my pet interests. It's loss can occur but is not guaranteed, and can be avoided. Unfortunately society perpetuates that your brain goes to shit, and our diet and brain health in general is shit in the west, so it does.
This

Is that why I get more and more racist the older I get

adderall helps this

just bounce around different boards on Veeky Forums and you can prevent this

>t basically only come here and /pol/

Can I get a quick rundown on these two?

Can confirm. Or at least here's some anecdata. I took some college classes a couple semesters back after not having been inside a classroom in 20 years. I'm 40. Despite my peers being in their late teens and having just left high school, I walked all over them in subjects I hadn't even thought about in decades. I mean, it was a slaughter. I was the only one in class making 100s on every test and grokking every concept immediately. To ease the pain, I told them I worked on that kind of stuff in my day job. That was a lie.

By making it worse desu?

LSD, DMT, PSILOCYBIN

I should add to my comment two things that helped immensely. The first was spaced repetition with Anki. The second and to a lesser extent was doing regular dual n-back training. That shit makes me sharp as a tack.

Anything Else other than sleep, diet and exercise, that you'd recommend?

This is basically not true

Your brain doesn't know much when young so is willing to believe anything

Older people are capable of understanding new things but are really good at smelling bullshit - so they appear on the surface to reject new ideas because they're dumb but really they're just seasoned

Look into nootropics (esp. Noopept) to increase brain plasticity.

>Pic related. Cheap source of noots.
>Also check out Ceretropic.

You have no idea what neuroplasticity means faget

Thanks user. My dad is in his mid 50s and is currently going through some rough times after his 30yr old business went bankrupt thanks ti some assholes fucking him over plus the fact that he had a micro-stroke a couple of years ago. I'm trying to incentivize him to learn new skills but it's been hard to convince him. Hopefully these techniques can sharpen his mind a bit.

yeah being 40 is definitely the same thing as being 80
are you serious? you're barely starting to decay at this age, accumulated life experience, work ethic and personal variance will play much more of a role
most people over 50 can tell you there's a much wider difference between being 50 and 40 than between 40 and 20, when it comes to learning entirely new concepts

Of course this is correct but I wasn't going to exaggerate and say I was 56 or some shit. Just telling it like it is. I was twice the age of my peers in a competitive academic environment and I did very well. Not just very well, but extremely well as in I kicked everybody else's ass sideways. Simple as that. Yes, there is variance. I have always been the "smartest person in the room" if you catch my drift. That said, our culture worships at the altar of youth so it's natural to absorb that shit and doubt yourself even if it's all in your head. There are many people that will tell you after the age of 35 it's hopeless to try to academically compete with teenagers when you have a similar level of experience with a particular subject. And that belief is flat fucking wrong. That's all I'm trying to get across.