So I'm messing around with 0.09 btc on bitmex

So I'm messing around with 0.09 btc on bitmex
I opened a short yesterday, bought 700 contracts, 100x leverage and under "Unrealized PNL (ROE %)" it says 0,031 (388%).
Shouldn't it be more than that?
I tho shorting multiplied 100x the % it goes up or down and apply that % to the amount of btc i put in
What am I missing here?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitmex.com/register/toYHiE
coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/volume/24-hour/no-fees/
bitmex.com/app/autoDeleveraging
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>this is white in germany

I love strong women. I like to be dominated by strong women. This is a beautiful photo, thank you for posting it.

You tripled your money already, aren't you happy with that?
No not your 0.09 btc because you didn't go all in, you only brought 700$ worth a BTC at that time and you tripple that.
Didn't you read any of the docs on bitmex?
Trade on the testnet.bitmex for a while because you obviously don't know what you're doing.

Source or name of girl on pic?

0,0031 BTX (I missed a 0 on my OP) is not 3 x 700$

Holy shit dude. You aren't going to make 300% on 700 contracts. You make 300% on your money that you bought the contracts with. Let me try to write an equation to explain. (% increase/decrease of BTC price X leverage) x (the BTC cost, not value, of the contracts)= value of your position

Source?
Google doesn't show anything

And how do people make money with this?
Unless you short like 100 btc 100x leverage it's not that profitable

Ffs are you retarded? You just made 388% in ONE DAY. How the hell is that not making a fuck ton of money? But seriously do not do 100X margin trading. You will lose everything I promise you. You got extremely lucky.

I only made 20 usd and put 700

Explain to a brainlet. I'm in the same boat as OP.

You didn't SPEND 700 dollars on those futures! You purchased 700 dollars worth of BTC for 7 dollars because you were using 100X leverage. You turned 7 dollars into 27 dollars in one day. If you had gone all in with your .09 BTC at your entry point, you would've made around $2400 with the exact same trade. You only risked $7 worth of BTC on this trade.

why all the bitches so fucking basic and same

How do I risk everything

You used "isolated" margin x100
Whenever you use the "slider" on the left side to choose your leverage, you're using "isolated" margin.
This means that you only risked 7 margin for your 700 contract.

If you want to actually go 100x on your money, do this: on the slider, choose "cross" margin" (on the very left side).

You can now "really" purchase 100x of what you have.

So if you have 700 USD on your account, you now can buy contracts worth of 70k.

After selecting "cross margin" on the slider, just enter 70'000 and you will be able to buy it with 700.

100X leverage on .09 should give you around 9 BTC total order value. So put 9X the BTC price into the contract amount and subtract a few thousand from that. But don't do this. I'm begging you for the love of GOD DONT FUCKING DO THIS. You will get liquidated instantly. And I'm pretty sure you signed up using my reference code so it is my best interest for you to not lose all that money.

thanks boys i understand now

Don't do it user...

No I mean now I know how to use all my money. I don't want to do 100x. Can't I do 5x with the cross?

Yes but don't click on the slider while you have a position open lol you can auto liquidate yourself. I did that once on a 10X and slid it to 100X and got liquidated in all of about 5 seconds. I was really confused

I need to start a Nigel folder, iv been holding off for too long

You can do anything while on cross margin.
You can enter 5x the amount you have => that's 5x leverage.

Although I still don't understand a detail: sometimes while on cross margin, it will automatically change your leverage a bit. Not sure why (even though I already read a few explanations).

Thanks, I didn't know you could buy more than what you have
Bought 50,000 contracts, already 76% (0,045) unrealized PNL
This is what I wanted to see

np, and good luck bro!

This meme is becoming fucking class

>130%
>0,07 XBT

In situations like this your can make more money when BTC crashing than you can chasing moon missions if you know what you're doing, just by trading BTC, no need to touch altcoins.
Why are you missing out on these gains? BitMEX (the "mex" stands for Mercatile Exchange) is the only exchange in the world that offers 100X leverage (but it's not because you can that you must, go small and work your way up).
Let me explain what this means. So lets say you were to have shorted (placed a sell order) for BTC at $10000. Let's also say you only have .01 BTC to trade with, or $100 worth. With .01 BTC at x100 leverage you can sell 1 BTC. Then for every dollar BTC goes down, your position is worth $1 more. Say BTC goes to $8000, if you close your position you then get that $2000 in profit paid to you in BTC, that's a 2000% profit
I would suggest you learn TA before you start trading. You can train using their testnet (free).
You want a moon mission? BitMEX is your moon mission.
Euros and others can sign up but US users are banned (just sign up with a proxy and then you can login from a US IP with no questions asked). If you're going to sign up use my reference code, using a reference code gives you a %10 discount in fees. May not sound like much but it's saved me hundred of dollars in the past weeks: bitmex.com/register/toYHiE

- Interface is amazing with professional grade advanced order types
- Liquidity it offers is completely unmatched, it's the biggest exchange volume wise: coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/volume/24-hour/no-fees/
- BTC deposits take less than 10 minutes: just 1 confirmation from the network needed
- Never down, doesn't matter the load, no shady flash crashes caused by website being down like Poloniex does

bitmex.com/app/autoDeleveraging

Did you close? Please tell me you closed

Also did you sign up through a referral?

bro he's all in 100x of course he didn't close. He's getting liqd like all the greedy cunts.

No. It almost hit my liq but it's going down again, still up 75%. I think it will crash once or twice more before the real recovery.
No lol
No, i didn't get liq, super close tho like 1 or 2$ away

what's your entry price?

Around 8250
I don't want to say the exact price because I'm paranoid and I'm convinced the exchanges make it hit certain price just to liquidate newfags

Nice, but careful now, I would close @ 8150 Made some good low risk profits today too

Just closed fuck it
0.02 btc profit not bad
That was a good experiment thanks lads

Lel told you to close at .07

You never know, you can catch one of those legendary drops and become rich overnight but yeah, very unlikely

Oh it's definitely going way below that, just not right now

What setup do you use to enter?
Ichimoku with candlestick patterns only?
And is the 30min time frame your main time frame?