So i want to purchase a nano ledger s off of amazon but im seeing reviews about people freaking out...

so i want to purchase a nano ledger s off of amazon but im seeing reviews about people freaking out, saying that their ledger has been handled or opened and rewrapped. idk what to do, pls help.

Other urls found in this thread:

ledgerwallet.com/retailers
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lock it

put it in tinfoil right when you get it

then set your oven to 350 for 10 minutes

As long as you reset it and use new seed words you will be fine.

It's just some retards that use it without resetting that get cucked

don't buy it from amazon? this is one of those times you should get it direct from the manufacturer.

Buy direct from the ledger site you fucking retard

only buy from the ledger website dummy

this

Just make sure you reset the ledger and generate your own seed. If your ledger came with a 24 word seed already included then that means somebody already has access and will jack your shit. GENERATE YOUR OWN SEED

First, don't buy it off Amazon. Buy it from an official retailer. Second just reset it.

>spin it three times
>realize it turns on, no battery
>custom price lock in

your welco

only buy from ledger or one of their authorized resellers. you'll have to wait until march or severely overpay. sorry bro, i'm in the same boat.

If he resets the ledger does that mean his prices aren't locked in anymore? Does it reset bitcoin to the current price?

Bought mine on amazon in early november. If you generate a new pin and keyphrases you should be ok. Nothing wrong with using amazon if you aren't a brainlet

buy ledger from an authorized delear
ledgerwallet.com/retailers
Amazon is on the list but i think they also sell 3rd party ledger. I got it from an authorized retailer in my country who was selling cheaper than amazon and specialized in hardware wallets.

Ledger no longer comes with the seal protector (ie: a sticker that says dont use if seal is broken). Using the Ledger computer app, you can verify your ledger is legit. Also if your ledger comes with pre-written seed words, it is a scam.

never used a ledger but i like this meme, listened to you guys just ordered off site, lots of backlog so gotta wait till march :(

>If he resets the ledger does that mean his prices aren't locked in anymore? Does it reset bitcoin to the current price?

this is very important, you lose your previous locked in prices

Are Ledgers and the like only for large amounts? What if you only have a few hundred dollar's worth just sitting on Coinbase?

so is ledger like a etherdelta or MEW account where i can make a new account on the hardware wallet?

the only reason this prewritten seed scam exists is because the Ledger CEO is all smug about his "lul we don't need to seal the box" meme

if the Ledger had a legit protection seal that destroys the box like Trezor then the prewritten seed scam would suddenly be too much effort

buy it directly from the manufacturer faggot

Just got one from Amazon last night and it didn't have any prints on it or anything. Did the Fido and was fine.

Also, according to the makers of Ledger sometimes they do leave the factory with prints on them.

Don't forget to put it on broil for the last few minutes.

DO NOT TURN IT ON
bowl with rice
wait 24 hr
turn on
if not working repeat

Only buy from the manufacturer no third parties. Same for any hardware wallet.

What is the advantages of a Ledger vs. a Trezor or vice versa? I'm looking to get a cold storage wallet and don't know which one to buy

Ledger Nano S works on Etherdelta & Idex. But the chrome apps suck

i wear my Ledger Nano S around my neck like a nigger wearing a gold necklace when i go out. i have 6 digits worth of crypto on it. who /madman/ here?

did you guys hear about the MIM (Man In Middle) attack? apparently if you search for a file called system32 on your computer, if you have it delete it now! once system32 is deleted the attach will not work.

So happy i found this out before my funds where all gone

remember stay vigilant, help each other out with this stuff.

Real question, which ledger has the best locking technology, really want to lock in my prices around 8K for a bit

i have both, i prefer the trezor, use a couple of ledgers for my shit coins (i am to fuckin lazy to uninstall) if you don't have either get a ledger it does more coins.

My PC won't turn on anymore. How do I fix it?

Do you have any milk?

I'm vegan

My nano S comes in 20 days but i was reading some shit about people losing his NEO because of it and im geting scared.

oh, ok then this is tricky, but do you know how to remove the Hard drive? do you have a microwave?

Imagine how fucking retarded you'd have to be to ask this question.

Hope they are aware of , its these type of people that get screwed over

le lock le price lmaoooooo

if you were buying a trezor youd have to get it direct, because its trivially backdoored since it uses generic chips, thats why they weld it shut, but that won't stop someone determined enough to sell backdoored devices.

with the ledger you can verify it hasnt been tampered with and the official wallets do this each time you connect them, and wont let you use it if its not legit. they also let you open the back and inspect the hardware itself, something trezor doesnt let you do, interestingly enough.

Yes they are for any amount, usually people buy after 1k+ though since fees to transfer

if you're going to buy a ledger, only order from their official site.
Also keepkey is just a much better and significantly less buggy product. If you hate losing money you should go for it instead

it would stop these pajeet tier attacks, sure, but it would also not stop anyone that put in a little more effort. trezor relies on a sticker and a plastic shell for security though, which is terrible.

I think so, is this it? Yeah I've got a microwave.

the keepkey is just a trezor in a much bigger shell, so it comes with all the downsides of a trezor with none of the official support/wallets. and they sold it to shapeshift after screwing their customers over for so long without updates. definitely avoid keepkey.

Do it user, follow your dream

All my ripple is on this drive tho. I'm scared it'll break it more.

well fk me.
I only said it because trezor and ledger are garbage.
I guess we need a 4th company to do things right

what is wrong with trezor user?

buy a trezor, it supports price locking

>Ledger no longer comes with the seal protector (ie: a sticker that says dont use if seal is broken

thanks for warning me now i'll get a trezor instead.

You can buy a used nano, it doesnt matter who had it last or if it has been opened. The software immediately detects if the hardware has been altered. All you need to do is be sure that you generate a new 12 phrase password for it, don't put in a 12 phrase password if you are provided with one.

Hardware wallets are for the same people who think antivirus is going to protect them from anything.

Ledger also serves as a general purpose FIDO U2F key y'know. So even if crypto busts it still has a decent amount of usability.

i wear one as a necklace too but it's just a seedless dummy