I've been trying to lie to myself for a long time but I just can't anymore...

I've been trying to lie to myself for a long time but I just can't anymore. It's one thing when an older sibling moves and gets a well paying job and a career, but it's completely something else when a much younger sibling gets a job and a career start ahead of you

I feel like a waste of space. I don't know where to start or even if I can get started. Maybe I'm doomed to work at some minimum wage grocery store for the rest of my sad non existent life while I live with my parents.

What's the point of this existence?

What's stopping you from going to school or learning a decent trade?

Money and time.

Imagine how your life would have been if you were born 200 years ago. Most likely you would have worked all day in the fields. Hart physical labour, no electricity, bad health care, food often scarce, no real entertainment options.
And now compare that to the time we live in today. How much better do we have it? Your ancestors worked their asses off to give us the pleasures we enjoy today.
So please, don't compare yourself to others who earn more money or have better careers than you. Instead try to find ways to enjoy your life, whatever that may be.

you're on Veeky Forums so I assume you're smart. and probably lazy. You have something to work with. Use this as motivation and go to community college for a trade which will provide 50k/yr for only 2 years of education that will cost like 12k at most.

It's a no brainer for people in your situation. It's so goddamn easy to get a 50k job in 2 years from scratch. Then leverage that pay to go further in school, or throw it into crypto.

good post

I graduated p-school with a handful of classmates in their 40s/50s. It's never too late.

Time to go all in on trx

I don't want to wait till half my life is gone before I start feeling like I'm not a waste of space! I feel like I'm in a marathon and everybody else is ahead of me and I'm still trying to figure out where the starting line is!

>Veeky Forums
>smart

Nice

you are such a fucking pussy.

>i feel like a worthless piece of shit
>i don't want to actually work hard to progress in life
>why do i feel like I'm a waste of space?

The starting line is literally right now. You instant-gratification addicted plebs are pathetic. You have to sacrifice and put time in to advance.

>brother had straight A's all through high school
>mastered at #1 uni in the world
>majored in journalism
>can't get a good job
I've made more than him and I was a slacker stoner in high school. Thanks crypto

Keked

Similar situation and I feel what matters for now is getting started on something, ANYTHING but I just get frozen.

That's not what I mean at all. I've been going to college for 6+ years now and I feel no closer to getting started on a career now than when I first began. At least I know where I started wrong. I was stupid when I started college. I thought getting a degree in theater was the right thing to do because my parents said I was a good actor because I stared in some highschool and community plays. I was so fucking stupid to believe them. Going into theater was a waste of time and money and I wish to God that my parents just told me it was! I changed degrees halfway and went into movie production instead. So now I know alot about the more technical parts of film making, including editing software, cameras, lenses, mikes, and lights. Also have this really expensive drone that can track targets that's actually pretty neat. Only problem is I have no goddamn clue where to start on this career path. There are no film festivals for me to show any of my documentaries until next fall rolls on in. None of the internships I applied to have responded back to me. Meanwhile, my brother is already getting paid making music for a swedish radio show and making music for a heavily sponsored video game group. Sure, they're not glamorous, but compared to me he might as well be a billionare. I'm stuck doing nothing. I have spent so much of my parents money on this expensive hardware and software, and i have nothing to show for it. I feel like a failure because so far I've only been a sinkhole for money.

chris?

>you're on Veeky Forums so I assume you're smart
You're new here I see.

>majored in journalism
I think that's the issue.
Should've learned something MINT related or stuff like psychology

life, like investing is 100% about risk management. you've now experienced the effects of not hedging your bets with regards to your education. Personally, I applaud you for pursuing something that you were enthusiastic about (as a fellow theatre lover). That being said- you should now understand the value of a stable, good paycheck/health insurance/benefits. It sounds like you still want to pursue your art, and that's fine. But unless you hedge your bets by way of procuring a functional vocation-bearing degree- you're going to be in the same situation in 5 years. It may feel like you don't have time, but I can promise you that's bullshit. I work full-time in the medical field, am in school full-time, and essentially trade crypto full time as well. Everyone on earth is overworked and tired. You are not special. And if you want to progress, man, you're going to have to sacrifice what little time you have to bootstrap it.

Unless you invest in trx.

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

You're not unique

Stop trying to sell me your scam! I may be desperate, but I'm not stupid either.

Funny story, I actually already had someone try to pull me into a pyramid scheme. Went to this building with a whole big group, then this people did the usual shtick where they showed a video about all these people who did so well because they bought this stupid and worthless lessons. Apparently they did this test about how elegible you where to be apart of this group but all you had to do was do one pose at the end of a cat walk and then they pulled us in one at a time in this office to tell you if you had the right make for them.

I saw through it, but I feel really bad for all the gullible people who didn't. Drove by the building and saw all these people glumly sitting outside with their bag full of overprice books they wouldn't need.

>i thought getting a degree in theater was the right thing to do because my parents said I was a good actor

>then changed degrees into movie production

Actually go outside, out of your fucking little cubby where you jerk off and browse Veeky Forums, and look around the streets for something more worth your time.

You have training and experience with acting? Find somewhere you can perform. You have technical training with camera's and editing? Find something like Public Access.

You're looking at what other people have already achieved, or managed to get lucky with, you're not looking at the stepping stones.

the thing is though, it's 2018, and if you want any sort of non-pajeet tier job, a Bachelor's Degree from somewhere not street-shitter is now the BARE MINIMUM.

If you have crypto gains, get them out, get an easy GRANT (most schools give like $3K per semester) and to somewhere that isn't SUPER expensive (where you live now is best, in-state/country residency).

Save up money while your loans are interest-free (they should be low interest anyway in the end), then attack them.

Best case, get a scholarship and go to free.

Trust me, in 10 years, you'll be happy you did it.

t. 38 year old wrapping a BA right now.

kill your self in the most sentimental way.

>Find somewhere you can perform
I've since come to the realization that I'm not in any way shape or form a good actor, and I don't possess voice or physical attributes that would make me a good fit for theater or film. That's just the way it is. It was tough for me to realize this but it's just something I have to deal with. I'll never be a professional actor.

Also, like I said, I keep applying to interships at places like Public access and this one nearby group that's like Buzzfeed but local. It's just that nobody has gotten back with me.

>I've since come to the realization that I'm not in any way shape or form a good actor

And that has stopped literally nobody since the dawn of cinema. Just another excuse you're using to keep yourself from acting and receiving criticism from it.

>It's just that nobody has gotten back with me
Do something that makes you stand out. Even if it's bizarre. I've heard of this one guy who applied to a medical shipping facility and he put for achievements "90th level Orc Warrior in World of Warcraft". Shit was cringy but he got the job (even though it wasn't prestigious in the slightest).

Be annoying as fuck. Force them to tell you they don't want you. Harass them with constant attention until they tell you to fuck off.

There are bad actors, and there are bad looking actors. But you can never be an actor who is both bad looking and a bad actor. I, unfortunately, fall into that last category. And the type of people who can get into film despite lacking for both usually have a surplus of money or already had connections to get into film. I have neither at my disposal.

>I've made more capital than him

focus on family and keeping your family together, family that grows together and works together, prospers together! everyone should have first priority in helping themselves first then family then neighbors and so on.

Today I had a reality check too when my father was bitching about me not being able to find a job and I asked him why 5 of your children can't stand your guts and I am the only one left that's still takign your shit? He said all you "kids" want from me is money, to which I replied that's what you think, now tell me what is most important in life? He answered MONEY! I said, that's why your kids hate you and don't want to be anywhere near you, because all you care about is money, had you cared about keeping family together than money wouldn't be a problem since everyone would be able to pitch in. fucking boomers!

I'm speaking as someone who can find your problem to be something that a lot of people are familiar with, and what you're talking about generally will lead to an unhappy life unless you begin changing things, even small things, to get it back on track the way you want it to.

I was in a similar position years ago, graduated, had no gf, barely had work experience, wasn't currently employed, and now, I'm going for a second degree, in a serious relationship, with a job that I earn enough to pay for real things in my life (and thankfully, my college requires an internship in order to graduate which they help with).

Is your college nearby? You might be able to do some work there.

That's not how it works. Human happiness (for most people) is a function of their relative position in the social hierarchy, not any absolute standard of wealth or poverty. A village mayor 200 years ago would have lived a more fulfilling and happy life than a menial worker of today, even if he was a pauper in relative terms, simply because he was getting more of his needs on Maslow's pyramid scheme of gains met (esteem, belonging etc).

I have a friend that was kind of going this way, but he found a good calling. If you get yourself out there, you will too.

Your dad is definitely misguided in his ambitions and desires, but there is a truth to him bitching about you not working. Even if it's a shitty part time job, you would hear considerably less from him I assume. Clearly if you're still living with him, he cares about you enough to not let you go, and he really wants to see you succeed (whatever that term means to you, not necessarily just money).

At least you're White. I will always be a shit skin, career or not.

Dark skinned people are fine, as long as they don't wrongly blame white people for their failures in life, and don't act out in completely uncalled for manners.

Do you think the rich elites care about some bum because of his skin color? No, because they don't care about the poor or poverty stricken one bit, and just barely take in mind the middle class.

OP, I feel you too. Older siblings are ahead of me and my 10 year younger sibling is on track to finish college before me.

Interesting about the calling part. I was talking to a neighbor friend recently and he believes that he has found his calling in coaching youth. It isn't as glamorous as some jobs he could get, but it's rewarding. Double bonus is his wife also backing his idea.

Been feeling that way somewhat. Might end up going into teaching as I substitute taught and also taught a regular class. I've had a job offer at a high school for when I graduate.Not a lot of money, but rewarding when I did teach.

I agree that money, while not #1 in the world, is important.

I would rather be White with nothing, than an Indian with 10 000 Bitcoins.

With that mind set you won't ever feel satisfied in life.

My recommendation, don't asses your own personal value based on another race, or even on another person.