I have been jobless for 3 months with a tech background how much more leeway time before I'm in oh fuck territory...

I have been jobless for 3 months with a tech background how much more leeway time before I'm in oh fuck territory? Not recruiters are still talking to me at this point. I haven't really started looking till a month ago.

Nigga I've been jobless for 8 years now, still comfy.

Yea but I actually want a career.

Every hour of your time you spend not earning is money flushed down the drain

I am aware. I am going on interviews like a mad man just wondering what the point is where if I am still unemployed no one will interview me anymore? 6 months?

What is your background specifically?

Computer programmer

Have you had any proffessional experience as a programmer or are you straight out of uni?

I have 7 years work experience in various languages

I wouldn't worry too much if it's only been 3 months, but does seem a little odd. Most places around where I'm are desperate for experienced devs.

Have you had any feedback?

Its not odd. I got laid off mid November, started looking, was told by recruiters its the holiday season and no one will interview anyone, so i waited until like mid January to start applying.

What? You can't find a crappy 40k year job?

I would prefer not to. I think I deserve 85 at minimum.

January is when companies hire, I'm trying to change careers from banking to IT with no experience but degree and certificates, I get offers, they just pay shit. You should find something, the economy is kicking ass.

Also, throw up adds on Craigslist, it sucks, but it will keep you busy writing shit for idiots.

At least you have options. With 7 years and a portfolio, you should get 65k like nothing. I know your taking a hit, but being laid off before myself, I'd rather work something than nothing. Don't wait too long though, it looks bad on a resume, I think they are right, after 6 months just take something, but by that time you'll be going nuts, at least I was, when I wasn't drunk.

>the economy is kicking ass
The problem isn't the economy. I believe the H1B pajeets have really fucked the market up and lowered wages. It's demoralizing going on interviews and seeing Pajeet after Pajeet because I know due to their nepotism I will never be hired Thats why pretty soon I would like to segue into a more BA type role that requires technical know how. I think developing is not future proof but BA positions will be needed and filed by white men for a long time.

If you outsource to pajeets once, you will learn your lesson. Their code is more of a liability than anything.

You can get a job until you are 60, probably even then.

>I think I deserve 85 at minimum
What you think and what the market is willing to give you arent neccessarily the same. What makes you think you are worth 85k?

They are fucking shit up, good luck man. Just keep your head up and don't be afraid to be humble and take something lower paying, like others have said, it's better than nothing and at least you'll be busy and maybe make contacts. I gotta get back to work, good luck.

Because I know enough and mid level salary is over 100k. No developer position should be 65k unless it's strictly a 9-5 with little stress and no OT but I never had a dev position like that. I worked 1 job post college that gave me 68 and I was working 60 hour+ weeks and it was killing me. I'll do that if the price is right.

Thanks. If I am still jobless in a month I will start going this way. Was thinking about applying to QA Automation positions to get the best of both worlds.

why?

>MFW making more money than all the CS cucks who told me my info sys degree was worthless and watching them all get replaced by pajeets
Top Zozz I get paid more and have 10x as much responsibility I can put on my resume besides “I sat in a cubicle and wrote For Loops and If statements”

Fuck you, but this is true. Get a Master's in it, they'll be sucking your cock and throwing money at you like it's the end of the world. But yeah, get AIDS.

How much are you making?

I make shit. I'm pulling 50k doing corporate banking, but my hours and time off are fucking awesome. That and child support, fuck me, right? My associates is in CS, my BA is in Lit, it's a long story, but get school done by 25. I took this because it was a job and I was laid off on the last one, but better than sitting my ass at home feeling sorry for myself, I just save now, not sure if I'm going to start a business but I hate people. I have some CompTIA certs, but I need to make at least 40k to survive for a year to get the experience to be able to make more. I'm fucked basically. I may get back into insurance, I don't know (money but horrible to work in), I gotta so something. I know java, haven't done it in awhile, but I can't do that for a living, good to the guys that can. Honestly, if I can get back up to 65k, I'll be happy.

Just get school done early and wrap it up until you have your shit straight, etc.