No BitMEX thread? Let's fix that

Why are you missing out on these gains? BitMEX (the "mex" stands for Mercatile Exchange) is the only exchange in the world that offers 100X leverage (but it's not because you can that you must, go small and work your way up).
Let me explain what this means. So lets say you were to have shorted (placed a sell order) for BTC at $10000. Let's also say you only have .01 BTC to trade with, or $100 worth. With .01 BTC at x100 leverage you can sell 1 BTC. Then for every dollar BTC goes down, your position is worth $1 more. Say BTC goes to $8000, if you close your position you then get that $2000 in profit paid to you in BTC, that's a 2000% profit
I would suggest you learn TA before you start trading. You can train using their testnet (free).
You want a moon mission? BitMEX is your moon mission.
Euros and others can sign up but US users are banned (just sign up with a proxy and then you can login from a US IP with no questions asked). If you're going to sign up use my reference code, using a reference code gives you a 10% discount in fees. May not sound like much but it's saved me hundred of dollars in the past weeks: bitmex.com/register/SVU1C1

- Interface is amazing with professional grade advanced order types
- Liquidity it offers is completely unmatched, it's the biggest exchange volume wise: coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/volume/24-hour/no-fees/
- BTC deposits take less than 10 minutes: just 1 confirmation from the network needed
- Never down, doesn't matter the load, no shady flash crashes caused by website being down like Poloniex does

I'm not trying to scam you or get you to lose all your money. START WITH LOW LEVERAGE OR 1X LEVERAGE. 100X may be tempting but all you have to do is read stories on here of people losing everything when they go full retard. Also I will be around to answer any questions you may have and would love to talk to others about trading strategies. Happy trading anons!

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/bitmexrekt
bitmex.com/register/SVU1C1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

twitter.com/bitmexrekt

Yes and that's why if you read my OP, you would see I tell people how to avoid ending up on there.

at least make a new pasta next time

Yeah I know. I've made this post one time and then some autist copied the entire thing has been shilling it all over Veeky Forums with his reference.

Which indicators do you use? I've been messing with testnet for a while now and want to sign up. I know it's different on the real site

That's alot of y's user. I use Fisher Transform RSI and BB. I only make trades when all indicators say the same thing.

What timeframe?

>I've made this post one time
yeah sure you did
>and then some autist copied the entire thing has been shilling it all over Veeky Forums with his reference
only thing i don't understand why biggest exchange volume wise would shill itself on Veeky Forums at least they managed to get pajeets so its kinda authentic

I'm not the exchange? it's just like binances referral program. Do you think they're "paying" pajeets to post on Veeky Forums? You're also horrible at spotting pajeets. I'm about as white as they come and far too well spoken for a street shitter.

Your math is wrong.
Hint - non-linear inverse futures contracts

I use 3,5,15 for short term higher margin trades and 1,4, and daily for long term low margin trades.

No it's not? You just showed that it is right. .25 BTC at 8k is $2000.

TEST 8K AGAIN PLEASE

Right now is a mighty good time to place a short, FYI for the short term though.

>"that's a 2000% profit"
I'm more talking about his profit math
Its also 2k worth of btc at $8k but that's less relevant.

You make more BTC shorting and more USD value longing. I am OP btw my wifi just keeps changing my IP for some godforsaken reason.

I missed a few chances to close my short and I've just been piling more on. The average entry is now 8k

Fuuuuck

I just got liquidated today too on 10x.

It happens, np.

Dont worry user, just keep adding or close at a loss.

That is correct. Here's the other direction, still $2k gain technically but a lot less in reality.

Shorting is more profitable really. Most people are going to cash out through BTC so it makes more sense to try to aquire the greatest amount of BTC as possible.

I've been playing it safe since I got liquidated a few days ago when btc dropped to 5.8. The liquidation was 5.9....

Hope you all took my advice on the short

time for another round of the eternal bounce

someone please validate me

I told you all to short at 700
Yes user you are right

What's your risk management strategy?
How much do you short/long in average?
What kind of benefit you expect before closing an order?

Go for small trades like 3-5%

Never sleep with a position either without a stop loss.

tempting
but i've made enough bad calls to know that i would likely fail at this despite my extensive 2 months of crypto experience and trend analysis

also the market is constantly trying to trick people. making it look like its going to go down then brining it up instead happens constantly. and vice versa. even allowing for safe margins of risk they still manipulate the market to fuck you sometimes. there's no way to predict the market with any reasonable degreee of certainty without insider information

It really doesn't break trend lines and you're safe as long as you use low margin. If you change your mind and sign up make sure to use my ref:
bitmex.com/register/SVU1C1

Are you going Short or long now?

Wow, you've really become a shameless referral shill.
Why do you keep bumping your shill thread trying to spark some discussion while all it is a referral shill thread?

Hey it's the daily "shill my bitmex referral" threads are back.

We are truly recovering.

hey guys join my discord to talk about daytrading on bitmex

only playing bitcoin, eth, ltc

my returns are close to 10% daily, been easy as fuck and I just want to talk to others with similar experiences

discord gg /UawCvZ

get ur shorts in now for china waking up in a few hours. those assholes wake up and dump every fucking day

Short since 8700:)

my avg entry is 7412 lol. i'm done adding more tho. just gonna accept my liquidation at 9100

>mex stands for....
really? thanks again, you condescending cunt.
I almost thought it stood for Mexico.
every fucking day now OP....
just stop it you fucking idiot dullard

Re read my posts. It's some autist that copied my entire post and has been shilling it ever since. Look at the catalog and look at the reference code tags. It's not been me. I made one other OP two weeks ago and he copied it and has been spamming ever since. And yeah I explained what Mex means because so many /pol/tard refugees won't trade on there because they think it's "Mexican"

didn't mean to vent at you user. I didn't read your post but saw the same shit posted these days and the fucker was using your post to get referrals, Bitmex is alright but if you need to explain that it isn't affiliated with Mexico then really, what's the point of trying to help user?

Yes trust me I'm very angry. With two thread I've gotten 13 referrals. I can't imagine how many he's gotten. Probably half of Veeky Forums has signed up under him after just stealing my post. Whenever I see his threads I always ask how many referrals he's gotten just out of curiosity but he won't even bother to reply.

FUUUUUCK. I can't understand this shit for the life of me. I took a long position with 5x leverage by accident. I fucked up and clicked when I didn't want to and now I'm fucking stuck in it. I have no clue how to get the fuck out of it now. Guess someone else deserves my money more than I do

really? that easy?
jesus. I just made a copypaste..
thanks bitmex dude! fuck the fees.

You just copied my post? Fml...

Go to Open Positions tab and then hit market close. This is why I warned you to use the testnet first lel

How do you use the Fisher RSI in conjunction with BB? Take a short position when orange crosses the red? Can you include a screenshot of what a successful trade set-up looks like?

Fuck it, ride or die! I'll wait till it gets back up to 8720 then crank the leverage to 100x. It's only 2 btc I deposited

no need to close it, they will close it for you

I'm not at the computer but wait for a high RSI, a high Fisher(like greater than 2.5 ideally) and for it to touch or break through the top BB. If you're using a high leverage wait for it to REALLY break through the top BB and be ready to close if it continues in the uptrend.

How big is the position?

Can somebody explain to a complete retard how exactly I can use bitMex to long/short with leverage? Step by step please. I'm holding BTC right now. Do I need to sell that for dollars or what? Also, what's the limit on how much they will credit you? They're not going to let you leverage 100x on $200k... right?

what the fuck does that even mean?

They will. I've placed $150000 orders for lulz using $1500 worth of BTC. You need to sign up and then transfer your BTC to your bitmex wallet.

How many contracts....ffs lad

I feel bad for whoever posted their fucking referral here. I bought 1000000 quantity @ 8720 long. Now I don't have a fucking clue what to do next. Just take my money fuckers

wtf are you on about ITT

How long did you use their test platform before you started actually trading?

When opening/closing a position, do you prefer to use limit orders, or market?
In what situations would you do one or the other

Other than RSI and Fisher Transform, what other indicators do you like to use? I like Bollinger for and MACD.

When setting yourself up for a 3-5% trade, what leverage are you using (so what does that 3-5% actually net you)?

This better have been under my reference Jesus Christ. That's like $1000 in commissions

what the fuck is a test platform?

and what the fuck does mark price mean?

Sometimes I feel bad because I imagine every big rekt is a life ruined but wow

>and what the fuck even is a Satoshi?

Please be a troll

>Anons.... what's a Bitcoin?

no, not at all. I wish I was. I had 400 btc last month and am down to my last 5. I keep hearing about you faggots making money on bitmex and figured it was worth a gamble to get some of my stack back. All I see is fed under my positions. Someone fucking help me. Will suck cock to not lose any more money

3. You will not post any of the following outside of /b/: Trolls
Please, stop posting. We are trying to have real discussions / learn from those more knowledgable.

>getting liquidated

Always set a stop loss like 5-10 dollars away from your liquidation price to avoid losing more than you should due to mex liquidations taking excess and throwing into the insurance fund.

don't risk more than 1-2% of your stack per individual trade

always plan your trade, and trade your plan

set clearly defined entry and exit points and stops, so that you're never "hoping" or flying blind, and instead always sticking to the game plan

if you have an edge, it will show in your p/l through time, but no one wins every trade. Get used to losing.

bitmex offers both perpetual swaps (XBT/USD) and futures (XBTH18/XBTM18) ["H18" and "M18" are actual futures market terminology with the letter corresponding to a month and the digits to the year - these contracts expire in March and June respectively]

Each contract is worth 1 USD in BTC. Go to any of the futures contracts, and enter how much in USD you want your NOTIONAL position size to be. Then you go down to the leverage slider below and set your leverage amount - 10x leverage means you have 100 USD backing a 1000 USD margin position, and a 10% move to the downside liquidates you.

You buy to open and sell to close. Be careful to only sell the amount you've bought, as you can easily sell more and just go net short without realizing. Also don't forget to close your outstanding limit buy and sell orders if you're no longer in position to avoid getting filled on something you forgot you left open.

no for real. Do I close my position above my entry price or above the mark price?

Mex stands for Mexican, bitmex the Mexican exchange

is that for a long or short setup?

The mark price is only relevant for p/l calculations as well as liquidations. When you actually close your position it will be at the contract price, and compared to your purchase price for your real p/l.

question:

I tried to have two "contrary" positions, i.e. on a high time frame I was long. I then saw a quick opportunity for a short setup on a small time frame...so I shorted=sold.

I was so furious when I noticed that by doing that I just decreased my long position.

Do you know of a way to have two contrary positions (also known as "hedging")?

The only reason to go on bitmex is at least 10-15x leverage. Great site though honestly. They have a very solid research arm if you read their blog

only relevant for OPEN p/l calculations, I should add

Short

OKEX allows you to do that, or at least they did in the past. It's far more chinese chinkery and manipulation since liqudations occur at the contract price and not any mark price, meaning people with deep enough pockets can just short the fuck out of it and liquidate literally every long, then scoop it up at the bottom and ride it up. There are no position limits I'm aware of, so whales in the top 3 traders tend to take stupid sized positions.

>Order had execInst of Close or ReduceOnly but open sell orders exceed current position
Now I'm really lost

I'm interested because:
>I'm poor
>I understand above average (at least above Veeky Forums average) TA

I don't understand how it works, so If I short $100 with 100x levarage BTC at $8600 right now.

If if goes to 6000 I get $2600?
If it goes to 8601 I'm already fucked?

you can have two accounts. that would work

it's a percentage.
I think @x100 you are fucked if you are shorting and it hits 8514...

fuck my mistake, long rather.

If it went to 6k, you get 3k:
(8600 - 6000) * (100*100/8600)

You'd get liquidated at 1.01*8600 = 8686

What this user said. I was just too lazy to type out that equation

pls respond
thank you for all your answers / insights so far

Now it's more clear.
I saved the equation lol, thanks.
I guess on Bitmex there're calculators when you set up the shorting so everything is clear.

Well, that's interesting, risky (almost pure gambling at 100x leverage) but potentially worthy.