How are those indestructible recovery codes and/or secret keys coming along?

How are those indestructible recovery codes and/or secret keys coming along?

Surely you're not relying on your memory, are you?

How do you even create one of these things? I wouldn't even know which tool / material to start with.

How did you make this? I was thinking of buying a dog-tag kit to stamp down my seed words.

stampbros
get in here

i even bought a manual magnetic press

I could write better using a damn cutoff wheel rookie

ball peen hammer and a stamp.

A 5 year old could do this.

Also curious...

stainless plate for me

Thanks, not sure I have the DIY abilities of a 5 year old but I’ll try.

yeah use stainless steel

A letter punch. Even a monkey could do it

Good idea user, using letter/number punch (deutsch Schlagzahlen) on stainless steele

>Use's a stamp instead of a Dremel

Thanks just bought 1000k

My first hammerings, no bully pls

Hammer, letter stamp kit, metal block to hammer on top of. $40 of stuff if that.

>not backing up all your crypto related files on multiple cheap as fuck microsd cards, and hide them in places nobody would ever find them.

good luck wasting hours of your life hammering on a metal slab like some caveman.

>stainless steel butter knife
>cheap ass dremel
>maybe some see-through glue/epoxy to protect the lettering

>water
>EMP
>natural degradation

Metal is still better.

Have fun with that rust faggot, mine is the best way

Put some on DVDs.

sign a transaction with your recovery codes idiots

literally indestructible as long as the blockchain exists

I hope your home never catches fire, user.

>acid tsunami floods your city
>lose everything

jesus christ y'all dummies. Blank dog tags and a steel stamp does wonders.

Go try to find a laserdisc player.

Also, fire.

good idea user..why didn't I think of that

what's your wallet address? I want to see if it works

My shit will be in a safety deposit box in a month after i have made my final investments, i hope that bank doesnt catch fire

What format do you store recovery codes?

I literally just keep my recovery phrase in a veracrypt volume and have it backed up in every place imaginable. Stamping in metal is overkill imo.

And before you ask, yes the volume was created on a burner OS w/ internet connection disabled.

until the paper starts rotting from the inside

>not using 5d quartz to store your keys

By that time i will have cashed out to fiat and started my property business, this shud be every anons long term plan

>trusting Jews or any other central authority with your info

When the EMP comes in 2020 your pins will be worthless. Don't bother screencapping this, just remember I warned you guys.

I carved my private key on a 4 foot slab of rock and buried it underground, I think its pretty secure

You have to go (((back)))

How do you store your veracrypt password for your crypto password?

[sinkhole intensifies]

Locked away in my head.

People who use bitcoin keep getting hacked, "with surprising and unsettling frequency." ("There have been months when Coinbase users have been robbed as often as 30 times.") The essential use case of bitcoin, as Rusty Foster pointed out all the way back in 2014, is as a way for libertarians to get themselves robbed. But of course, as I keep saying, the cryptographers and computer scientists who love bitcoin have found a solution:

Engrave your private key on a piece of metal and bury it in your backyard.

Imagine walking into a conference of computer scientists and presenting the idea of bitcoin, knowing what we now know about how it works. "See, it's a currency. You engrave a number on a piece of metal, and then you bury it in your backyard. No, you can't really spend it, but you have it in your backyard." The bleeding edge!

Ah, so the most faulty format possible.

If you want to think of it that way yes. You can't really hack a memorized password unless held at gunpoint.

It's not so much a matter of forgetting the password as it's merely muscle memory at this point. But yes this is the tradeoff you get when using memorized passwords, and fully willing to accept that risk.

> You can't really hack a memorized password unless held at gunpoint.

No my volume password is not some stupidly insecure shit either.

I don't get why you wouldn't just keep paper and digital media copies at home at your desk or in a book safe or something.

And then in metal, bury your last line of defense in a few places. I'll have a plate buried in the US and one in Poland before the end of the year.

Or just drug you and get the password that way.

Remember to write it down if you get sick.