I have $1.5k to my name, with no college degree, working at a burger king

I have $1.5k to my name, with no college degree, working at a burger king.
>Crypto too risky, not willing to risk it
>Not enough money to afford college (amerifag, Florida of all places)
>No car
Veeky Forums, what's the most sound method for getting out of the poor man's rut [in the US]?

take risks

In *what*?

You arent destined to, you have a wageslave mentality and all the good advice in the world wont help you. Maybe take some management courses at the local community college and you can get a promotion at burger king?

I'd sooner kill myself than be one of the district managers.
Wageslave mentality, that's funny.

about 2 years ago i started a robinhood account with $300 and taught myself how to trade. I'm up about 380%, which is only about $1150 or so, but percentage-wise I'm very happy and I'm getting better at what i'm doing over time.

29 here, 100% of my income is passive, maybe can help. Any skills at all?

what kind of skills user?

Share what you know. Languages - russian, Lithuanian, english, polish and german. IT know how, but no degree, anything comes to mind?

I'm a decent writer, exceptional vocabulary, fast reader, good reaction time, very aware, good at navigation, semi-decent art-wise, tech-savvy, active and always moving.

English and /some/ German. Forgot most of it.
Ich bin blöd amerikanisch

>Crypto too risky, not willing to risk it
How old are you OP? High risk means high reward, and if you're young, you could go for it.

you’re good at marketing yourself. don’t know about anything you listed

Young, but I seriously don't want to get into crypto

I respect that. I recommend at least keeping tabs on what's going on, the market will eventually change for the better. Consider trying to go to community college (even if you have to save for a car), and also using your work experience as leverage for a better job in time. That's what I would do. Best of luck to you user

BITMEX 100X LEVERAGE

LETS GO FAGGOT

Do websites and social media for businesses. Charge $100-300 up front and then $10-20 a month for maintenance. Literally takes a few hours of effort to make the initial website and set up social media, sms services, email client lists etc... If you can get 100+ customers, you have enough passive income to never have to work again, and only the first few times are difficult after that you are just writing into templates and running scripts.

how many cold calls do you have to make before you actually get a client?

To note, I have no clue what career I'd even want to get into. I've spent most of my life as an introverted recluse (parents divorced and I moved 14 times by the time I was 16. No close friends except long-distance internet ones.)

As such I've wasted most of my life on the computer, though it has helped me develop decent literary skills as well as love for electronics and videogames (my passion, how original.)
I'm not fat thankfully, since I'm too energetic to sit still for too long. Little under average height, blonde, white, male, no tatts, don't smoke or drink, 164lbs last time I checked.

Don't know how to code, perform music, draw, or do anything exceptionally talented though. I can do very basic video editing using Sony Vegas.

INFJ personality type, if it matters.

You don't. I always walk in and ask to speak to the owner.

16 y/o friend of mine makes $3000 a month coding for a fucking roblox server and I'm sitting here with my thumb up my ass.

That seems counter-intuitive. Can you explain this process a little more?

he's right about the mentality my man, it's all we got. compare your current and historic life to your mental attitude and report back

>Self education (khan academy and code academy)
A YouTube channel I advise you check out is Aaron Clarey. Just go through his videos and find out yourself, definitely some valuable wisdom.

What the absolute fuck, OP. You ain't got nothing going for you, not even the ability to take a risk. Put that shit in crypto and stop being a bitch.

I don't know how to create websites. Sounds tedious, but I'm willing to try.
So you just walk into a local business and offer to make them a website if they pay you? I'm not sure that'd work in my area. I live in a downtown section of Jacksonville, 99% of the places here have websites. The others don't give a shit.

Stop being a jealous fuck good on him. I’ve worked at a Walmart for the past three years managed to save up 10k then I invested in crypto last year, doing p well. But beware user new money will make you have no motivation for unskilled labor. I plan to quit in a few weeks and venture into internships or maybe just take a break from work for a while and get fit.

cRypTo iz THe FuTUrE gAiz!!1!

I don't have enough to invest in something like bitcoin or dogecoin and I don't have the technical know-how (nor the time) to sit around fucking with whatever shit side currencies you have to suggest.
It's the future, sure, but it's gonna be bumpy once it hits mainstream and governments realize they aren't taxing the shit out of it.

Get some certifications. Do your research, take time to find the right one. For $100 you can get a forklift driving license and probably make 1/3 more income, for a couple hundred you could get some IT certs, which might be be a little riskier without experience, but also lead to a very nice income, there's also welding--there is a huge demand right now--rope access technician (do you not mind heights? there's money to be made), you could also get your level one CFA (financial analyst) with that money. A bank would probably take you on at something entry level with that cert. That's the best deal for your money though. You should also do something that is at least close to what interests you--if you like bitcoin, a finance certification would probably actually be quite interesting to you. Make sure you research and make sure you aren't spending money on something shitty. I would do forklift, then with your extra forklift money do IT or CFA.

Sounds like you’re just lazy. Apply yourself you fucknugget.

why don't you get a better paying job you stupid cunt

Man, I’ve told people I work with to invest in crypto for the last ducking year, and they laughed at me now they want to get in. Get the fundamentals first you bastard. Have a savings account of at least 2-5k, pay off debt if you are in any, then invest. NO ONE here at least when I started took out loans or put money they couldn’t lose in crypto we just traded for fun and then it blew up. Get the got damn fundamentals down first my man, work hard and make something of yourself. Walmart served as a platform for me to grow wings and shoot into the stratosphere do the same with Burger King.

You are a fucking pathetic human being OP.
You are literally too lazy and scared, that is it. You deserve to stay poor and a fucking loser for the rest of your life, you can't even apply yourself for an hour to learn how to participate in the easiest way to make bank by doing nothing
it's hilarious how many opportunities people have and just squander them
you are a fucking failure OP

Hey OP im in florida, where are you located? Also why do you think florida is a shitty place for schools?

"I don't have the technical know-how or the time"
you literally work at a burger joint making pennies doing nothing with your life
what do you mean you don't have the know-how or time?
lmfao you are literally destined to live in chains forever I can tell you are not beyond 50 IQ fucking neck yourself with a rope

Welding and rope-access are definitely off the table. Forklift, perhaps, but I wouldn't know where to start.

Hey OP, I want to help you, can you reply ?

I didn't say it was a shit place for schools, I said I can't afford any. Assuming you're talking about colleges.

And I said I'm in Jacksonville. The city area, near the river.

The way you are? Maybe look at what marketable talents or skills you have. Find a steady stream of extra income and dollar-cost average it into the stock market.

If you are really a BK employee you can tray that or you can take a long shot at some ICO shitcoin and maybe make enough to make enough to not die poor. Also once you are 24 your income determines your eligibility for grants. You should be able to do some tradecollegel/training/ almost for free or sub. loans.

at least put in $200 in btc or even $50

But UCF was named THEE most affordable college in the united states? Florida has some really good schools that are all very cheap compared to other states. You will have to take out loans but if you dont believe in yourself its a waste to even try. You should be afraid of debt if you are lazy and won't pay it off. I got me Electrical engineering degree from UCF and now I support a wife and two kids very comfortably. We are looking to buy a house this month.

My marketable talents are nil.
I'm not getting into crypto.

Holy shit my writing skills make me look like im 10 years old. sorry, phone posting.

What part op, can you apply for a community college lile broward college or miami dade college? Apply for FAFSA and it will pay for your classes, cause it sounds you dont have much.

Being the most affordable doesn't change the fact it's still several thousand I can't afford.
Let alone the fact- again- I have no clue what career I'd even be good at, or which would be worth getting into. No experience.

>poor and stupid
wow that sucks OP. I don't know how you plan on making money but it most likely has a worse risk/reward ratio than just buying ETH.

OP is LARP
there is no way anyone is actually this fucking sad and pathetic

if you don't know what you want to study, don't waste the time or money on college. i did and look at me, shitposting on Veeky Forums is the highlight of my day

spare change?

I like Jacksonville.
Made a lot of money off your area over the years.

Keep being a flouridian OP. Yall never change

I translate whitepapers to my mother tongue for some decent freelancing cash. I'm not even in a linguistics degree, I hated the field until I took formal languages. I'm studying math. My point is, you have skills, everyone does. You just have to figure out a way to market them.

Ok. So find an apprenticeship in some kind of trades. You will probably have to do lots networking to accomplish this. It's not as easy as it was but you could find a niche. Many tradesman are on par with higher ed holders due to lifetime salary simply because they have no debt and more years working.

Pick a specific field and learn all you can about it. Work for cheap for someone who will teach you about it. You probably can't make less than BK and even if you make the same as BK + real experience it is worth it.

If you don't want to invest in crypto or go to college I can't see another way for you to invest in yourself.

Pretty much this. Op wants the outcome without the risk or effort. Its pretty disgusting in a way.

Plan was/is to take care of the core/required classes at a cheap-ass community college and get my Associates, then I'd hopefully be decided on a major to advance to (and have enough money to afford) a university, to get my bachelor's.

Why not?

Cap this post so you can look back on it in 5 years and scream as you lament how you will never change

your IQ probably has you where you need to be. Just have fun with the little income you have until you die and try not to breed (won't be too hard).

Don't count on the associates getting you out of debt for the bachelors. Commit to one or the other. CC is good because you will save money but don't treat it as a break point unless you want to stop.

Decide on your major before you start taking classes. Especially if you are over 18. Maybe don't just think about what you like but also about availability of jobs, salarys, etc. Should be a mix.

That's the issue, I'm struggling to determine just what my skills would be and how to apply them.
There's options, but it's a mixed bag.
I could go to college, or do a trade, or try freelance work, etc etc.
High School doesn't prep you for this shit. There was no finances or marketing classes where I went, there was never anything to determine what field I'd be good at. Everything good was stripped away.

Fellow introvert recluse with divorced parents here. I know what you mean about not knowing what to do. Kids get their identity through their parents, and going through childhood with constant negativity surrounding you programs that into your DNA. These evil cunts don't know how much harm they are doing to their own children, let alone the harm it does to society. I know man I've lived it too. What I'm coming to realize is you have to hate your parents and resolve to be the opposite of them. Not hate them in an emo mopey way, but in a way that disconnects your ego from them and the need to "fix" them. You can't fix the past, and you have every reason to be angry at your parents for being fuck ups. Use that energy to change and make solid goals and force yourself to do them.

just make sure its a stem degree, or a legit marketable degree like accounting. dont get some shitty general degree, arts degree, or fucking random business degree.

Hey my man, just wondering what you use to make websites and any resources you' recommend for this

community college is better for trade skills or certifications less than the 2-year degree. find something you are interested in, something that you do everyday and set out time for everyday and apply that what you want to study.

This is the only post that won't lead OP to eventual disappointment and depression. Learn to love your fate, it's too late to change it.

My serious considerations have been:
-Law Enforcement (I don't mind the paperwork or the physical aspect)
-Anything involving videogame development (Too many people trying to get into this field, no job security, mediocre pay)
-IT work
-Advertising/marketing

Fallback plan is Military/Air Force of course.

You don't need a degree for most jobs. but you will need to social skills to make up for it.
you can learn to do most things online and talk someone into giving you some mentorship or a job.
what exactly depends a lot on you immediate area

>wasted my life on the computer

Here's an idea. Go get a Windows Server cert and Cisco cert then go make at least double what you make at BK. Books and cert tetsts might cost you a grand or two. IT is the perfect 'I have no fucking idea what I want but spent too much time on computers' career.

because it's literally gambling which is a poverty trap if you have the wrong mentality, the same financial mentality most poor people grow in to.

I'm also an introvert recluse with divorced parents. I only met my dad once in my life. I don't think about it more than a few times a month. I got over it and didn't let it turn me into a fag loser. Now I have 250k in crypto at 23 and a nice job as a software developer

tl;dr stop using your parents as an excuse for why you're a certain way

>I have $1.5k to my name, with no college degree, working at a burger king.
>>Crypto too risky, not willing to risk it
>not willing to risk it

You're never gonna make it. Might as well kill yourself useless retard.

SW FL here, just south of Tampa

Thank christ someone said it.
I have created a thread of autists screaming for me to invest in crypto.

Crypto is not literal gambling. Inform yourself and then maybe come back.

Gtfo off my board, pussy.

oof, my feefees

Welcome to the adult life, where you have to figure stuff up on your own. Your grades and enthusiasm over certain subjects could point you towards a field you'd be good at. But that's it. There is no clear point in your life where you'll be certain about anything. That includes your career path. I bet you not a single person with 10 years work experience in this thread could guess their current job title when they graduated HS. My advice is go to college on a stem degree, work part-time/freelance on the side and invest some of your earnings if you can. But I'm not sure if that's the right thing for you to do. We all have different goals and risk profiles.

don't know why you're on Veeky Forums if you're looking for actual advice, even reddit would be better. if your the type that can't bring himself to talk to people in real life then you don't have many realistic options.

Eh, you can find good advice in strange places. I'm just trying options.

>an introvert recluse with divorced parents

>Fellow introvert recluse with divorced parents here

>an introverted recluse (parents divorced

Same here, only i'm older than OP and actually have higher education and previous working experience (as a tradecuck).
None of this mattered, i've always been a recluse, even before i quit my job and embraced full NEETdom. Education and working experience also doesn't matter if you have been a NEET for more than 5 years - the employers just automatically assume that you have lost all your skills/knowledge if you weren't in the workforce.

>I don't have time to learn about crypto but I do have time to browse /pol/ saving the latest shitty anti-leftist meme
Really puts it into perspective that people like you are the ones who voted for Trump. It's us, the Hillary voters, who are making the real money on crypto.

Wageslave mentality is true.
You think Ceos and business owners got anywhere with no risk taken?
Let's say biz throws together this great idea of a small startup for you to do with 1.5 k and there seem to be good chances of it being successful.
You probably wouldn't take the risk of the startup being successful and instead would ponder on other ways to make money.

The reality it is that you make calculated or educated risk and hope it turns out well or you make money slowly over a long period of time.
There isn't an in between.

So I guess you should probably consider working your way up to at least a gm position with burger King.

Also I used to be like you.
Now I'm 28 with a kid, I moved out of fucking Florida to NC and began my own lawn care service.
Take the risk op

Jesus OP, with that mentality you won't make it far in life.
There are a couple of guys from /g/, a 25 y/o carpenteer who relearned how to program and a 22 y/o welder apprentice who earned enough money to go to college and get his degree in CS.
Both are now working as web developers. Why the fuck can't you do the same?

I voted for Trump and I'm already up 160k since Jan 1st. He's far from my ideal president, but I still think he was a better choice than Hillary.

>Young, white, blonde, skinny
Are you good looking OP? You can make some quick money as a male hooker. As long as you're not hideous, you could make much more in a half hour of easy sex work than a day's work at your shit wagecuck burger king job. I know you said you don't want to trade crypto, but if you can manage to make some money quick, it's worth it to at least invest some into crypto for the next 12 months. After that, maybe try some online freelance work. Obviously you're not tech-illiterate, so start by googling ideas for freelance jobs.

Whatever you decide to do, you need to understand that right now you have little income, few assets, few skills- you don't have much options, so you need to be willing to do things you don't want to do, until you've reached a certain level of success. Gradually improve your skills over time, come up with ideas, try different things- it will compound over time into success. Most importantly, start by changing your loser mentality

Trump was the right choice this time, but I wouldn't vote for him again if we have better candidates.
The only joy in this shitty goverment is watching subhumans being deported.

Invest in crypto:

50% ETH, 25% XRP, 25% IOTA.

Sure bet with a relatively safe portfolio (compared to other cryptos) and will be a bigger return than you can get anywhere else (other than winning the fucking lotto).

Forgot to mention, once you double your money take out your initial investment, you'll probably double your money within a month and a half.

Lol, you must be getting small start up businesses that potentially don't last.

This is what you do, but I recommend welding.
You're in Jax for fuck sake, Navy is located there and you can make mad dollars as a welder. If you're good.
There is a skill to it.

I'd say get a car, m8. You ain't shit without one

>leaving welding job to become a web developer
what the fuck? why in the world would someone do that?

Someone who doesn't want to inhale welding fumes for 30 years in a row and prefers to sit a comfortable air-conditioned office where he can shitpost instead of actually working?

t. ex-welder > office worker > neet

Not to mention the free tinnitus and potential for shit Chinese welding masks that leave you half blind after 10 years.

You can start with 200$
Or you need to hit the stock market

Either way its important you start investing, also see it as tuition, theres a LOT to learn from crypto and stocks.

>I'm not getting into crypto.
why are you posting on a crypto board?

look at this faggot pajeet robinhood just came out

>load up robinhood
>Get a margin loan of 6k to add to your 1.5k
>Invest in TVIX as market volatility is spiking
>Make a 20%+ gain and sell when the bear market kicks up again

Profit will be about $1500 - fees from the margin loan, without the loan you'll only make $300.

Unironically this, you have zero drive and deserve your shit life.

Wow you're literally retarded. I feel sorry for you

bro, you work at burger king, you have nothing but time

actually nvm, you are destined for neethood denizenry , enjoy being a peasant lowerclass for the rest of your life