Wtf is ripple doing

should i fucking sell these bags?

Other urls found in this thread:

cryptoinsider.21mil.com/ripple-xrp-centralized-weak-fundamentals-states-bitmex-research-team/
steemit.com/bitcoin/@thedonfreeman/stop-investing-in-ripple-xrp-warning-do-not-buy-here-s-why
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>considering selling XRP before Interledger
>being this retarded

hold nigger

Remember how much hate this coin got on Veeky Forums ?

Well its doing the opposite of what biz said it would

XRP is jewish so....

and TRX. WTF is going on? why do both graphs look identical

Dunno man liked it more when it was around 9k, this big jump is making me uncomfortable

Why the fuck would you sell? Even if you buy now you 10x by EOY

> but muh centralization
Buy this coin and profit
End of

shills out in force for this paypal token

Both normie pump and dump shit that's why

I was wondering what was going on, I thought this was a centralized shit coin with no real world use

i keep saying, fundamentals and stability are all that counts.
xlm, xmr, xrp, eth - these are the ones which will still be around 3 years from now, and that makes them valuable.

I agree with everything except XRP

The chad paradigm.

lol, you might be right as well. i dont hold any ripple desu, but there's still confidence in the project.
i'm actually all in on xlm, link and req.

So everything you mentioned minus XRP

pretty much, but like i said after that there's confidence in ripple.
i think it's misplaced, and expect the price to come down soon.

XLM/OMG here. XRP is getting tons of bad press and I've never understood why anybody would want a centralized coin like this. Its technically not even the same as the rest of the crypto world.
Exactly my thinking

This makes me wonder why people want XRP at all:

cryptoinsider.21mil.com/ripple-xrp-centralized-weak-fundamentals-states-bitmex-research-team/

all "Foundations coins" are somewhat centralized, XLM has IBM nodes mostly, this can be shut down easily.

XRP has no public blockchain, everything goes through Ripple.com. "somewhat" centralized is not the same as 100% centralized like XRP.

i might get into OMG too. similar in sme ways to req and link, but i think it may be more likely to succeed.
do you think now's a good tim to buy OMG?

Its going up right now, I got in

I'm still holding my bags. Down $4600.

when and what is interledger?

nice. i got a feeling the market might take a slight downturn next few days, then i'll buy in.
think OMG is here for the long haul so dont mind getting in even when the price is slightly high.

If it dips and you can buy under $10 go for it (no, I don't measure in sats and I don't care to). I have 39k XLM and I'm not sure if I want to dump some for OMG or just HODL.

OMG WTF LTC IDENTICAL

always HODL xlm. i'm hoping stellar is the coin that'll let me retire sometime in the next 2 years.

Yeah, between XLM and OMG I want to quit my fucking job. HODL

What chart is that? What website?

Bittrex

How many lumens do you have?

So XLM is better to buy than XRP rn ??

DYOR

>Ughhh I HATE when my crypto is doing good... I'm gonna sell to be nice to everyone else :)
What is your incentive to sell a rising currency you fucking twit?

>Dosent use nightmode on charts.

PUKE absolutely horrible!

XRP is up most of all coins today

Veeky Forums is racist and doesn't like XRP because of "jews" and "not decentralized blockchain"

XRP is my comfiest hold--just let the retards argue over their retarded LINK, BAT, COSS, FUN low value tokens while ripple revolutionizes a global trillion dollar industry.

XVG looks like it might start to ramp up for abit

Biz is sucking XRPs dick lately, IMO its a piece of shit

>DYOR
Well the future is good for both of them

>How many lumens do you have?
not enough. still acculumlating

Same. I was just wondering how much is needed to make it in 2 years. Probably many many more than I currently have.... Feels bad

>I was just wondering how much is needed to make it in 2 years.
depends on your own personal circumstances.
someone who is young, under 30 say, with no assets would need more than an older person with other financial assets.
plus, once you have a certain amount of money you can make it work for itself.
i alwasy laugh when biz/raelis say they need 2 million to retire. i could quit work easy on under a 1/4 of that.

My goal is to make enough to buy a rental unit or two. Then when those are paid off, keep buying more of them and sit back and collect monthly rent.

Probably won't happen with lumens but a boy can dream. Definitely won't happen within 2 years.

Why? It's not intended to be anything like what BTC was intended to be. Once you realise it has a very good use case for a specific need you'll see it's a good asset to hold.

>muh centralized

It's not meant to be a P2P currency (although it can be used that way). It's for institution to institution. Monero is a bigger threat to the BTC use case than XRP.

Never said it was a currency, but it appears to me to be a giant scam. Nobody needs it for anything. The point of crypto is decentralization, which XRP is not. I have not read 1 convincing argument of why it should be used or have any value whatsoever. It wreaks of a scam, especially with how much is held by the founders. Knock yourself out holding it if you believe in it, I just happen to think it is completely worthless.

should have bought alot when it when low and sold at 3$

holding XRP is betting against decentralization

What a terrible idea

XRP solves a problem no-one had, and answers a question no-one was asking.

it isn't a good long-term bet.

THANK YOU
Jesus Christ, it has no real world use.

Up to you user. I take your point. I'd call it blockchain tech that uses a token to maximise efficiency rather than a currency. Maximising efficiency and reducing cost and liquidity held for cross border remittances is a good use case for a token.

XLM is infinitely better at it. I genuinely think XRP is a scam coin.

You know XLM if a fork of XRP right? Why is it infinitely better? FYI I hold both.

Fully aware. XLM is exactly what XRP wishes it were.

t.former XRP holder

You haven't answered why you think so. Genuine question.

dyor

DYOR son, I'm drinking. If you believe in XRP then HODL. Can't hold your hand through it all.

>The point of crypto is decentralization
to some fanatics

Its a key component, otherwise stick to fiat

>Why is it infinitely better?
news today that xlm is hiring huge suite of engineers and developers is a big plus.

interledger.org is a game changer. It's the future of payments. XRP will be the most used coin with Interledger because it's the fastest and cheapest .

First implementation is coming out soon. You can wait, but you will have to buy at a higher price. Few people know what the hell is interledger. This will change soon.

interledger.org

*Interledger

for info about the protocol: interledger.org

Hahaha too fucking easy. I was waiting for this. You XLM shills and XRP fuders are all the fucking same. You have no clue as to the differences between the actual tech. You bought the jew meme and now when asked a direct question you show how little you know with you dyor bollox. If you don't hold some XRP because of the jew meme you're an emotional brainlet.

You know how many offices across the world ripple have right?

Face it faggots. They're both good tech. You're just emotional pussies.

> Decentralization is so important!
> Lets make it so one coin can crash the entire market!
> Lets make it so that one coin goes through centralized lightning network hubs!

Decentralization at its best everyone.

the media is not talking about interledger yet

the first implementation hasn't been released yet

XLM, ETH, OMG, and VEN are among the only coins to matter in 10 years

All comfy holds, doesn’t hurt to go into any

>The point of crypto is decentralization, which XRP is not.

it's actually more decentralized than bitcoin

.Bitcoin
-One company has more than 50% of the hashpower (Bitmain)
-One oppressive country has more than 50% of hashpower (China)
-One company has a monopoly on creating efficient ASIC Bitcoin miners thanks to patents (Bitmain)
-One company can rollback the chain and bankrupt the entire ecosystem (Bitmain)

Ripple
-10s of validators run by reputable non-related public and private entities in different countries (e.g., Microsoft, MIT, CGI, WorldLink, Telindus-Proximus Group, Bahnhof, ...)
-double spending not possible (the chain can't be rolled back)
-Consesus requires a supermajority of 80%
-Anyone can run a validator and use his own list of validators

pic related is the owner of bitcoin.org and bitcointalk.org

Wow I'm convinced, just bought 100k

these are my 4 too

I don't think BTC is the future either so thanks?

[Performance]
-Ripple consistently handles 1,500 transactions per second, 24x7.
-Payment channels can process 10s of 1000s of transactions per second.

[Cost]
-A standard transaction costs just 0.00001 XRP.
-The cost is not paid to any party: it's irrevocably destroyed.

[Real-world use]
-5 institusions are currently using XRP (MoneyGram, Cuallix, FlashFX, IDT and MercuryFX).
-Many banks are currently using xCurrent. Since xRapid is cheaper (saves up to 60%) and provides final settlement, they are likely to transition to it.
-Bichip will use XRP in its RFID chips.
-A w3c standard that Ripple helped develop (and was demo'd by Microsoft) will be available in all major browsers, it'll facilitate paying with XRP.

[Economics]
-The supply is fixed.
-Unlike Bitcoin, there's no inflation. Bitcoin uses PoW which relies on inflation and/or high fees. Bitcoin requires $18M of net new $ flowing in just to maintain the price!!

[Security]
-Unlike Bitcoin, double-spending isn't possible. Bitmain (a Chinese company) can rollback Bitcoin's chain and bunkrupt the whole ecosystem.
-An attack could only stop new transactions temporarily. Participants would simply remove bad participants from their list

[Decentralisation]
-Each participant can run a validator and use his own list of validators.
-validators role is to agree on an order for new transactions
-10s of reputable public & private entities around the world are currently running validators (e.g., Microsoft, MIT, CGI, WorldLink, Bahnhof,..)
-Consensus for the order of new transactions requires a supermajority of 80%

[Incentives]
-XRP is a revenue source for Ripple Labs. This aligns its incentives with XRP hodlers. It uses the revenue to improve the tech and expand XRP's marketshare.
-Ripple Labs share is locked in 55 batches on the network. Only one batch can be unlocked per month. It would take them 5 years to unlock them all. XRP is sold only to long term investors (i.e., they can't dump).

Sounds like hype to me

steemit.com/bitcoin/@thedonfreeman/stop-investing-in-ripple-xrp-warning-do-not-buy-here-s-why

Also you sound like the emotional one, holy shit.

I can sense your fear. XRP will make your bags worthless soon. FUDing it here won't change that.

>XRP has no public blockchain

false

>everything goes through Ripple.com

false

try harder, pajeet.

All I've said is I don't believe in it and I haven't seen any reason why I should. HODL with your XRP user, doesn't bother me, good luck.

You're right, I shit in the street in Kuala Lumpur. Good luck user, hope you retire young.