My dad bought ripple yesterday. Sold today. Made >25%

My dad bought ripple yesterday. Sold today. Made >25%
He doesn't even fucking know what XRP aims to do, what possible use cases it has, who might use it and why it might not work out.
Tells me it's cheap (

why dont you take 20 sec to explain market cap divided by circulating supply

Can you please explain it instead

t. brainlet

I tried. He tells me that other people will feel the same way he does about low prices and that therefore others will also buy which will drive the market.
Worst thing is he's not even wrong as we've also seen with Tron or ADA

market cap divided by circulating supply = a token or coin's price

it's rather critical in determining if a coin is a good buy or not, and moon potential

congrats you now something it takes normies years to find out, if ever

yeah he's not wrong

Your dad is unironically the Chad investor.

It's different though. A 20 cent increase on bitcoin means nothing, while it's a much higher percentage increase on a cheaper coin which means more gains.

He's not wrong that's exactly why my brother bought Trx

tell him about telcoin lol then he can watch it not move for a fukken month before it finally dips to 20 sats with btc's next dip

i can't stand it, how can people be this stupid.

dumb money really pisses me off

Thanks. So XRP is a bad buy because the market cap is low VS the circulating supply?

brainlet

It hurts cause I had thought that by the age of 28 I would have finally made it to a stage where I wouldn't constantly be outshone by him anymore... But he probably does better with 25yo chicks than me as well.

Maybe your cuck dad needs to learn the hard way when he goes all in on shitcoins and loses his wage slave life savings?

well if all normies think it's cheap than i guess it is de facto cheap

the market cap is gigantic. it's #3

coins with high market cap have shit moon potential but might be more likely to succeed, depending on the coin. coins with low market cap (in like rank 400 or 500 or below on coinmarketcap.com) have high moon potential but many of them fail

so you have to pick the shitcoins that succeed to get the massive gains

otherwise you'll get like a 4x per year buying coins in the top 20, whoop dee doo

He's right tho
The cheaper it is, the higher the chances it has to do 2x in the short time
It takes less buy orders to pump a coin from 10 to 20 sats than to pump a coin from 40k to 80k sats

nvm, i didnt see this comment

>But he probably does better with 25yo chicks than me as well.
top kek he really is Chad Dad

Tell us more about your dad OP

someone should do a chad dad and virgin 28-year old son meme.

[Performance]
-Ripple consistently handles 1,500 transactions per second, 24x7.
-Payment channels can process 10s of 1000s of transactions per second.

[Cost]
-A standard transaction costs just 0.00001 XRP.
-The cost is not paid to any party: it's irrevocably destroyed.

[Real-world use]
-5 institusions are currently using XRP (MoneyGram, Cuallix, FlashFX, IDT and MercuryFX).
-Many banks are currently using xCurrent. Since xRapid is cheaper (saves up to 60%) and provides final settlement, they are likely to transition to it.
-Bichip will use XRP in its RFID chips.
-A w3c standard that Ripple helped develop (and was demo'd by Microsoft) will be available in all major browsers, it'll facilitate paying with XRP.

[Economics]
-The supply is fixed.
-Unlike Bitcoin, there's no inflation. Bitcoin uses PoW which relies on inflation and/or high fees. Bitcoin requires $18M of net new $ flowing in just to maintain the price!!

[Security]
-Unlike Bitcoin, double-spending isn't possible. Bitmain (a Chinese company) can rollback Bitcoin's chain and bunkrupt the whole ecosystem.
-An attack could only stop new transactions temporarily. Participants would simply remove bad participants from their list

[Decentralisation]
-Each participant can run a validator and use his own list of validators.
-validators role is to agree on an order for new transactions
-10s of reputable public & private entities around the world are currently running validators (e.g., Microsoft, MIT, CGI, WorldLink, Bahnhof,..)
-Consensus for the order of new transactions requires a supermajority of 80%

[Incentives]
-XRP is a revenue source for Ripple Labs. This aligns its incentives with XRP hodlers. It uses the revenue to improve the tech and expand XRP's marketshare.
-Ripple Labs share is locked in 55 batches on the network. Only one batch can be unlocked per month. It would take them 5 years to unlock them all. XRP is sold only to long term investors (i.e., they can't dump)

Market cap is supply muliplied by the price..

You cant work out the price with the market cap if the market cap needs the price to begin with

this.

He thinks exactly like a normie sheep except he has first mover advantage. Try as you will with your powerful autism looking for use cases of low value coins for moon missions but your dad will always beat you

Bitcoin's market cap isn't the ceiling. Ripple is going to penetrate markets measure in trillions, not billions. Everyone, including your grandmother, will be using it to pay for stuff online.

> being that delusional