Not gonna lie folks, I've been holding REQ since ICO (bought in below ICO on ICO day). Held it through thick and thin...

Not gonna lie folks, I've been holding REQ since ICO (bought in below ICO on ICO day). Held it through thick and thin, occasionally taking profits but also going down with the ship since it hit its ATH.

Coinbase has just announced it's going to enter the payment space and compete directly with REQ and Paypal. I've decided that it might be time to stop being a REQ marine, or at least wait for the news to spread and buy back in lower.

There's no fucking way REQ can compete with these guys.

Thoughts?

trustnodes.com/2018/02/10/coinbase-launches-paypal-like-plugging-ethereum-bitcoin-bitcoin-cash-litecoin

"Coinbase privately unveils its “checkout with PayPal” equivalent, allowing merchants to support Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and BCH payments from customers that will run through Coinbase. Seems like a big deal."

shittt

Knowing coinbase, there will be massive coinbase fees, plus transaction fees

this means nothing for the future of decentralized payments

Coinbase is on it's way out.

Plenty of upcoming projects that plan on implementing Fiat -> altcoin purchases and other innovations that will destroy Coinbase. Why use an exchange that only offers a few coins

Coinbase and REQ are both backed by Ycombinator

aka coinbase will probably add REQ. Hold on tight my friend

they're gonna get fucking rekt by backend tokens

nobody wants to pay with crypto

Req is done.

tfw you ask to "pay by request" and the shop owner says, "no, you'll have to pay with real money"

I'm only holding REQ because of all the weird prophetic dreams I'm having about it. It's the same reason I went back to college.

Shit sell your req

RIP REQ.

No one *actually* believed REQ would make it though, right? Especially after the dev team posted to outsource basically the entire project a month or so ago?

Pretty sure people only pushed it to pump it hoping to dump.

Coinbase deposit fees are higher than req fees will probably ever be, anyway, there is space for several players and req is more than paypal 2.0 i just trippled my stack today

Coinbase and Req are backed by the same company. This is probably temporary until Req finishes development.

plugging vs. plug-in
difference? someone turns the computer on for me. dont judge me

You mean coinbase would already have a working product out of the blue? Makes no sense

> No one *actually* believed REQ would make it though, right? Especially after the dev team posted to outsource basically the entire project a month or so ago?

Weak fud, the devs are using their stack to developp the project and it's a very good thing, it's the best way to speed things up

Did REQ patent PayPal-like blockchain payment?? No they didnt...so what makes you think this piece of shit company is gonna rise to the top? REQ has never been anything other than a pump and dump.

>coinbase introduces a centralized crypto payment button
>REQ IS DEAD
>SELL SELL SELL

coinbase may turn into the crypto paypal but all the problems you get with paypal you'll get with coinbase. Who would want all their money tied up with a centralized entity like coinbase that can shut down your account whenever they want?

yea looks bad

Yes, coinbase will do it. But it will use the request network. Both are backed by ycombinator.

For people thinking this is credible, keep in mind PayPal ALREADY exists, we're trying to develop a cheaper, decentralized version. Don't forget that.

Coinbase just provides an analog to PayPal, essentially, like buying Crypto with your Visa or Mastercard.

Development of Request Network proceeds.

You better the your bags down or else they're gonna blow away in the wind.

Do you guys realize that this will crash Bitcoin?...Merchants don't just receive crypto and then hold it for the future.. They SELL.

Using their stacks to develop the project, AKA hire people to create all the main features they initially promised.

Might as well be a group of random dudes with an idea that you promote on kickstarter saying "hey, my idea is awesome, give me millions of dollars and I'll find some guys to do it for me."

Kek.

REQ is toast.

>this means nothing for the future of decentralized payments
agreed

I think I might have bonered

yeah you should sell, what a precursor