When you realize all top 3 coins are unbelievably shitty

>When you realize all top 3 coins are unbelievably shitty
BTC: useless 3tps shitcoin
ETH: potential for a disastrous hack
XRP: not even a crypto, just a collectible certificate of stupidity

all coins are shit you mongloid

You could use xmr to buy blow.

This, if you really believe crypto has a great future you are retarded.

If you seriously believe that banks and normies would buy some shitty volotile token to move money around you deserve to lose money.
Crypto is just a nice gamble on the side and should be treated as such.

[Performance]
-Ripple consistently handles 1,500 transactions per second, 24x7.
-Payment channels can process 10s of 1000s of transactions per second.

[Cost]
-A standard transaction costs just 0.00001 XRP.
-The cost is not paid to any party: it's irrevocably destroyed.

[Real-world use]
-5 institusions are currently using XRP (MoneyGram, Cuallix, FlashFX, IDT and MercuryFX).
-Many banks are currently using xCurrent. Since xRapid is cheaper (saves up to 60%) and provides final settlement, they are likely to transition to it.
-Bichip will use XRP in its RFID chips.
-A w3c standard that Ripple helped develop (and was demo'd by Microsoft) will be available in all major browsers, it'll facilitate paying with XRP.

[Economics]
-The supply is fixed.
-Unlike Bitcoin, there's no inflation. Bitcoin uses PoW which relies on inflation and/or high fees. Bitcoin requires $18M of net new $ flowing in just to maintain the price!!

[Security]
-Unlike Bitcoin, double-spending isn't possible. Bitmain (a Chinese company) can rollback Bitcoin's chain and bunkrupt the whole ecosystem.
-An attack could only stop new transactions temporarily. Participants would simply remove bad participants from their list

[Decentralisation]
-Each participant can run a validator and use his own list of validators.
-validators role is to agree on an order for new transactions
-10s of reputable public & private entities around the world are currently running validators (e.g., Microsoft, MIT, CGI, WorldLink, Bahnhof,..)
-Consensus for the order of new transactions requires a supermajority of 80%

[Incentives]
-XRP is a revenue source for Ripple Labs. This aligns its incentives with XRP hodlers. It uses the revenue to improve the tech and expand XRP's marketshare.
-Ripple Labs share is locked in 55 batches on the network. Only one batch can be unlocked per month. It would take them 5 years to unlock them all. XRP is sold only to long term investors (i.e., they can't dump).

>ETH: potential for a disastrous hack
Newbie here.....please explain this

Read about the DAO hack.

Awww he's retarded, he doesnt understand how an immutable decentralized data system could he useful. Don't worry kid, I'll pay for your special ed when BTC hits a 20 trillion market cap

>XRP: not even a crypto, just a collectible certificate of stupidity
lold

fuck yourself paid xrp shill

every. single. thread.

>-XRP is a revenue source for Ripple Labs.

Atleast you're honest with this, XRP itself has basically no utility whatsoever.

Also the way Ripple has achieved the high performance and low cost, isn't fair to compare to other cryptos. You might as well use VISA.

meh, developers are always exaggerating

>fastest and cheapest (even more than paypal)
>will be #1 coin with Inteledger (future standard for web payments)
>5 institusions are currently using XRP (MoneyGram, Cuallix, FlashFX, IDT and MercuryFX) for cross border instant settlement money transfer
>"no utility whatsoever"

It's going to be great watching people like you observe what happens in the next 10 years.

t. Brainlet

pick the least shit one then.

Ripple uses off-ledger transactions, that's why it's fast. So it's not fair to compare to Bitcoin for example, you would have to compare it with BTC + lightning network.
Doing transactions offchain is a huge tradeoff one way or the other, for it to scale you need centralized hubs.

The point of crypto is that you can send value p2p without a 3rd party. Why the hell is partnering up with a punch of these 3rd parties a good idea?

>Ripple uses off-ledger transactions,

lol what's this retarded shit?

It has both, on-chain (1500 tps) and off-chain (10s of 1000s tps).

>Ripple consistently handles 1,500 transactions per second, 24x7.
>Payment channels can process 10s of 1000s of transactions per second."

It's fast because it doesn't have proof-of-work.Proof-of-work is slow and expensive.
>you would have to compare it with BTC + lightning network.

lighntning is a network of payment channels.
>Why the hell is partnering up with a punch of these 3rd parties a good idea

bitcoin is not p2p. It's peer-to-miner. One company owns more than 50% of the hashpower. It can rollback the chain and bankrupt the whole ecosystem. Sometimes it mines empty blocks. Sometimes it ignores uncofirmed transactions and mines small blocks. Satoshi's vision died with the birth of ASICs.

Thank you for your perspective. I'm only bringing BTC as an example, I'm in no way shilling for it. It is still unknown which coin will be the real solution.

My main problem with Ripple is that it's not trying to be a decentralized cryptocurrency. It's meant as a tool between banks to make fast off shore payments. It's solving a real problem existing in the world today and might be a good investment. Am I wrong here?

BUT this makes it basically a fintech company. I'm not interested in buying stocks, I want to start using a decentralized currency that NOBODY can freeze. It would be nice if it was fast and cheap to transact, but these aspects are not so important for me.

I think ripple has raised mostly because of basic misunderstandings about its purpose and market cap.

>XRP
>Top 3

Stellar does everything ripple does, but uses the stellar tokens (lumens) as assets of transaction. Stellar is also decentralized. DYOR

Everything I mentioned in is the same of lumen.

What's the fourth one then?

ETH can't be hacked, only people's smart contracts can be.

BTC won't hit 20 T unless the entire market is worth 500T

BTC is going to become a novelty of crypto within 2 years max

>still shilling badStellar