Mfw my uncles tell me to "take my resume to the university hiring hall and ask what jobs they have available"

>mfw my uncles tell me to "take my resume to the university hiring hall and ask what jobs they have available"
>mfw they actually think people get jobs this way in (Current Year)

boomer delusions thread

>boomer delusions thread
More like "NEET excuses thread"

Boomers constantly tell me that get a liberal arts degree because it'll make me a "well rounded person" and "it doesnt matter what degree you have, as long as you have one"

im 27 and still have hard time getting work
dad lost his job awhile ago because the company went bankrupt
he is still struggling to get work
felt good saying
not so fucking easy is it?

>it'll make me a "well rounded person"
it probably will

I feel like if i gather enough skills working I can get a good job eventually

of course, but you're never going to walk into a fucking hiring hall in your life - they havent existed for decades

listen you stupid fucks here is the tip of all tips. Buy a paint brush, a roller,a tray, and a can of paint. Dont know how to paint? NO problem just fucking do it. Paint your room 10 times over and over again till you can fucking pull off a half assed enough job. Print up some flyers and pass that shit out. To be honest the boomers in your parents circle will hook you up with your first few months worth of work. People will think you have real gusto. Painting is the easiest business in the world. The start up costs are less than 100$. You faggots need to become men. Thats your problem to be honest. Been a paint man off an on for years. Got so good at in in fact Ive made $3000 in a single day. You need to hustle.

This is how I got my first Job. Unis have great employment resources for entry level positions.

Yeah, he'll be the most "well rounded" barista in Starbucks.

what did you paint in one day that made you 3K? i've literally been painting and doing carpentry/contracting for 12 years in a large, expensive city. you dont make that much until the end of a decent sized job with more than a few people working

Well, there's inherent value in education.

It's just that thanks to the hideous grinding capitalist death machine we're all trapped in, "education" has become merely job training.

>Ive made $3000 in a single day

shitty larp. But yes painting is a great side hustle for more crypto money

That means he has good footing to be a manager.

Is this a new NEETs excuse thread? Already have seen around 6 today wtf.

most kids on Veeky Forums are entitled lazy beta millennial faggots what do you expect?

this

I started a small handyman business doing small things here and there, usually make around 100-200 a day, been a few times i've made 1k in a day and theres been more than a few times i've made more than $100 an hour on jobs that only take 1-3 hours

Just shut up you dumb larper people actually think like that.

Boomers spout the STEM meme far more often I've found, literally have never heard one advocating for a liberal arts degree

Unless you live in Commiefornia or something

A liberal arts degree is worthless, but even STEM is getting less and less valued. Although it used to be that you could get some shitty part-time customer service job and pay for college, so even though it wouldn't make you any money, a LA degree taught you some kind of higher learning, which is cool, I guess.

You faggots need to become men. Thats your problem to be honest

my personal favorite is when my parents told me to argue for better wages when getting hired, which is no nonexistent. the pay is a set amount for each and every new hire and and goes up with more experience with the company.

Before we we imported cheap workers to do the good manual labor jobs young people used to do and exported the great blue collar jobs to the cheapest corners of the globe...

In America there used to be businesses that spent a lot of money to find good employees, now a company freaks out if they put a want ad out and the position isn't filled over the weekend with someone overqualified that had to omit things for their resume to even get hired.

What liberal arts fails to see is that almost everyone who gets a degree needs to take general education courses with the purpose of becoming well-rounded. They just want to make a career out of it.

What skills do you have to offer? Are they worthy of payment?

If no, hit the books and level up. Invest your time into something you are at least half good at or passionate.

If yes, check out Craigslist. Hit refresh. Pounce on any offer. Build a portfolio.

Right before I got laid off I started free programming classes. Saving grace. After I got laid off I studied every single day. I went to the library, every day. Taught myself php, js, and python. I built a simple portfolio and put it on GitHub. After responding to ads I was marginally qualified for, I got a bite. In the interview o was honest about my abilities, and he was ok with it because I charged a low rate per hour. Built up on a existing site. Then got to a point where I hit my programming limit, and I provided all the source code for my work where he could pass on to a higher level developer.

By then I had landed my first full time job.

So it's possible to get a job. The path is not clear, but if you have an idea of what you want to do, fill in the blanks along the way, have something to offer to be the world, and you'll get there.

How long did it take for you to learn python

4 months. I read think python and did all the problems in the book.

I highly recommend doing a course like CS50 on edx then jumping into python m you'll get into fundamental programming concepts, and start out with C. Which is tough but work it.

So sequence is like this:

-cs50. Do entire class.
- take one project form this class. Build on that.
- read think python, do all problems.
- build on portfolio or
- go on CL and get a gig ( only do one, trust me on this)

One thing to keep in the CL route is have common sense. If someone has a creepy vibe follow your guy and don't pursue that gig.