Im 27. Is it too late for me to learn how to code and get a job?

Im 27. Is it too late for me to learn how to code and get a job?

If you're not a brainlet it's never late.

no

Holy shit snacks what's her name? And no, you can do it! My friend just started coding a year ago at 27 and now is a project manager at a programming company. He had some previous experience as a project manager which helped but he started as a code-monkey intern.

Yes brah it’s

Cindy Prado for anyone searching!

There's no way you're going to make it, too many people code as a hobby and cannot find a job related to this. And many talented coders are from India and are paid - literally - like shit.

Incorrect, you're probably just lazy or haven't tried. People want coders who can actually communicate and work as a team.

I didn't try, coding isn't part of my interests. However I wish good luck to OP.

Fair enough. Good luck OP!

bought 100k then took a wicked shit. sieg heil!

>coding isn't part of my interests
>let me tell you all about the job market and applicant quality for programmers though, something I just admitted I have zero clue about

>talented coders from India

inhales.....

Your options are either
1. Its too late and you continue your life as is
Or
2. Try to learn cs and possibly change your life

You decide

I don't have a brainlet wojak big enough for (You).

it's not too late

Of course not, I personally know people who started in their 30's to learn how to code and who were able to get a job pretty fast (but they worked pretty hard)

Are you dead?

Also, OP, do you enjoy maths? Do you enjoy proofs?

if not, you will be a shitty developer.

Should I do nightschool while I keep my job or just quit and go to school full time?

Not necessarily math but I love logic and language.

I learned how to code in 1 week. How? Follow the link -> hrtp://tinyurl.co/ dhJA74

god damn dude quit looking for people that spend all day on the internet typing HEY HEY HEY and "thanks just bought 100k" to give you advice. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps and get to it, if coding is really what you want to do.

Okay hahah thanks

also, don't click this shit

uhh user, good coders from India? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH No. Fuck No. At least not in the UK. They're shit tier.

OP, first learn to code on your own back (lots of good subreddits to get started) if you enjoy it and the wheels start turning then go look for an entry level job. Have a few pet projects to show you can do shit. At some point you may want to goto uni just to have a degree (its a nice feeling)

had intern that was 32 and ex-veterinarian ... so you're fine

If you've never had a serious job yet, then yes, it's too late.
Otherwise, no.

Coding is shit. A dull, unfulfilling job.

Become a crypto trader instead.

This being a cubicle dwelling code monkey is soulless office drone wage cuckoldry worse than sales and less glamorous.

I like cleaning because Im portuguese so I’m sure ill love spending hours organizing messy code

whats the best language to start with.

Want to know also. 26 here. What language?

Just fucking learn React, build some random crypto related apps, put them on github, and apply to basic front end jobs.

inb4 reading books on fucking algorithms, Python, C, blah blah.

just do front end first

after you prove yoursellf on the job you can sit around and spend 90% of the work day learning TensorFlow and other ML shit so you can hopefully get better jobs

literally just learn javascript python and get aws certified

>And many talented coders are from India
>talented
>India
Choose one and only one.

Oh yeah, let's conveniently forget that most Silicon valley companies hire them and pay hundreds of thousands to them for being mediocre. Right, completely believable.

Software engineer of 20 years. These anons speak the truth.

Many of my years have been spent self employed and that's different because of the freedom you have. But the years I've been FT? I'm FT right now, making more $ than I've ever made, and I'm ready to shoot myself in the head.

>Oh yeah, let's conveniently forget that most Silicon valley companies hire them and pay hundreds of thousands to them for being mediocre.

A) The vast majority of them don't earn six figures.

B) Silly Valley is a fucking mess right now. Why do you think there are MAJOR security exploits and bugs revealed on a weekly basis? Why do you think software in general runs slower today, on the fastest hardware we've ever had, then it did 10 years ago? Why do you think fucking web pages are 20mb and slam your cpu and battery?

Don't get me started. This industry has gone to literal shit.

You are unironically right and the only ones to blame are the stupid pajeets. I have never ever seen a single talented pajeet in my life. Fucking streetshitters.

This is utter bullshit; I started at 27 and am not particularly skilled, yet I get 3+ job offers a week. Also, programming language is less important then proper communication- and process related skills.

I just went back to school for coding, it's pretty good. I'd say the average age is about 25 actually. There's a lot of people doing a second degree--myself included. I'm in my thirties and don't feel too out of place, but also realise my road is much harder because of it. 27 should be fine, but also fair warning: people are dropping like flies. We've gone from about 60 in our section down to about 25. Not everyone can handle it.

yes. It's hard and you likely do not have the willpower or the intellect to become capable enough to be hired

STOP HAUTING ME

Uh just go to school dude andnget your cs degree. Why do people say this dumb shit.

Don't post this ever again. I warned you.

What do I need to do if that picture fits me 100%? The guy even looks like me.

They think learning is a young mans game.