We discuss the Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwich

We discuss the Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwich

Are we supposed to grow out of this 3rd grade staple food?

Do you still like them?

Peanut butter/Jelly preference?

They were a necessary evil when I was a kid because some days that's what mom made me for lunch. Never liked them, haven't eaten one since childhood.

no jelly, pickles and mustard

Damn. I'm sorry for your loss
Dafuq country you from?

Took a long hiatus from these but ate some recently. Chunky peanut butter with strawberry preserves. Was delicious

Natural peanut butter and apricot jam.

I also like to freeze the whole sandwich, then let it sit out for five minutes so only the bread defrosts. The filling is super dense and it's wonderful to eat. It's like peanut butter fudge.

I eat one everyday, granted, I use organic, multi-grain bread, natural peanut butter, and low-calorie/sugar-free preserves. I also sandwich a bit of pork floss and tsukemono, kinda like a riff on Chinese pastry. However, PBJ is GOAT in all forms!!!

has anyone tried almond butter?

peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are super tasty. I prefer jiff crunchy peanut butter with grape jelly.

no, is it good?

its a bit sweeter than peanutbutter, but very good. I recommend giving it a try. (costs more money tho)

peanut butter
>high salt but almost pure protein to the point where if you eat too much you can turn your poop green
Jelly
>2 parts sugar 1 part fruit but you can make it yourself from seasonal local fruits
bread
>goes best with soft, white bread but just as yummy on wheat

sorry I dont see how my age dictates what kind of food I can eat. Its got a nice blend of salty, sweet, fruity, and nutty and goes great with a glass of milk.
I would never consider myself too old for this all-american classic. its only "kid food" because kids are capable of preparing it without starting a fire or cutting off a finger

It's more like a quarter protein.

Peanut butter and this stuff
>magic

No loss, just was never that fond of sweet shit, and jelly is way too sweet for me.

I think its a good quick pre-work out snack for those of us that don't want to bulk, but want enough energy to keep going.

Also jelly is fucking gross gelatinous shit and if you prefer it over preserves or jam you should kill yourself

PBnB master race

It's hard to go wrong with peanut butter.
It's peanuts and salt (maybe some magic processed oils too).
Getting good jam is important. I can't stand Smucker's and the like, it's honestly just low quality syrup.
Get something with a higher fruit content.

Solid choice

sesame seed bread
chunky peanut butter
apple or strawberry jelly
none of that extra pb to jelly ratio shit, equal amounts of both. also don't be a fag who puts peanut butter on both pieces of bread.

I like

Butter and jelly sandwich.

White bread, creamy peanut butter and a light jam like apricot or apple jelly. I learned not to make it with dark jams like grape or strawberry because they give you a thirst that only milk can satisfy.

noodle.. use your noodle..

noodle.. do the noodle dance~

red raspberry and blackberry jams have always tasted best to me on PB and Js, and in general.

Creamy honey P.B. with pear jam on wheat bread ughhh

OK, so why didn't you, like, I don't know, say something like, maybe, for instance, "hey ma, could i just have the peanut butter without the jelly?"?

Less work and lower cost for her. There's no way she would have refused.

It is mostly empty simple sugars. Fine if you like it, but it isn't much better than eating candy.

fuck

>kids are capable of preparing it without starting a fire or cutting off a finger
You're obviously not a parent.

I skip the jelly. Too sweet for me. I just like peanut butter on wheat bread.

I always just use one piece of wheat bread and fold it half because I love the crust and also, I can never finish a full sandwich.

Grilled cheese and PB&J do not belong on healthy bread. It makes it taste bad and wastes good bread. Eat the food or don't

Put a piece of bologna in there and come back and tell me it's not the best damn sandwich ever

Try boysenberry, best preserve ever

Is this bait?
I ain't afraid of no pb&j&bologna sandwich

I'm not b8ing I promise

The saltiness of the bologna pairs well with the sweetness of the jelly/jam

If I had bologna now I'd eat it now. I'll give it a shot.
A couple years back I went over to pa's for spaghetti. I told him about a person I knew that ate grape jelly bread instead of garlic bread with there spaghetti. So he trys it(I don't). That's his go to now.

>he fell for the peanut butter banana meme

Add fluff to that enjoy deliciousness suitable for a god
Get diabetes die early still worth

pb&j is an iconic sandwich combination. it's not good to have all the time but every so often i have a craving for one. i like raspberry jam

creamy > chunky

needs bacon

-Toasted buttermilk bread
-Home made unsweetened peanut butter
-Boisenberry preserves
-Banana slices
-Honey drizzle
-Fry the sanwich lightly in a pan
-????
-Profit

Homemade cherry preserves
Homemade chunky peanut butter
Fresh baked bread

All ya need.

Peanut butter (I usually buy the 100% peanut to use in satay sauce) and Nutella is a deliciously deadly, throat-clogging combination.

so close. mine's:
>chunky PB
>dill pickles
>prepared horseradish with a touch of mayo
>griddled with butter
so delicious, so sinful... and yet, i can't stop.

well, mustard's in the same family of horseradish anyhow

do you at least fry the bologna first?

>this + honey

I'm a fan of 9-Grain/Whole Wheat, Reese's PB, and either cherry/blueberry preserves, or apple butter.

45 year old here, I pack PB&J on my long bicycle rides. I usually eat at mile 20-50-70.

>Are we supposed to grow out of this 3rd grade staple food?

I don't want to live if that's the case.

aaand cucumbers

Elvis pls

You have to be a pretty pretentious cunt to say you can't enjoy a PBJ to snack on.

Nothing below a century warrants food

I slather toast and bread alike with

T
H
I
C
K

amounts of PB and a secondary ingredient like jam, honey, nutella, or maple spread

Whole wheat bread, toasted, crust still one, creamy peanut butter, concord grape jelly or apricot preserves.

>he doesn't eat peanut butter and banana

I love PB&J but my problem is most of the chain grocery stores I go to 90% of the jellies are made with HFCS and the ones that don't have shitty sweeteners and more fruit are 3 times as expensive.

Make your own, it's literally fruit, sugar and heat

White chocolate peanut butter with raspberry jam will always be my preference.

>White chocolate peanut butter
Is that legal?

I've never seen this stuff. Is it in american grocery stores?

They're useful when utterly poor, but remember, for it to be a complete protein, you need to use a bread with grains.

Whole wheat bread, toasted.
Crunchy style natural peanut butter.
Strawberry jam.
Tall glass of very cold whole milk.
Light on the PB, heavy on the J.

I eat 2 every day, 1/4 cup extra crunchy peanut butter and 1 tbs strawberry jam. Eat that, and a pound of chicken breast and some veggies and you are at like 1700 calories with like 180 grams of protein. I dont eat for taste though, food is fuel. Ive done this for well over a year and havent gotten tired of it.

They are good but basically a desert. So much sugar in them just from the jam and bread. My go-to is crunchy peanut butter (non sweetened, no sugar kind), whole wheat sprouted grain bread (I like the nuttiness of the bread) and almost any type of jam.

Int he mornings some time I make a pb and j breakfast roll which is replacing the bread with a tortilla and putting a whole banana in there with it.

Other variations involve honey and nutella. But those are rare as it's just so sweet I only want to have it a couple times a year.

Still, incredibly high calorie choice of food for very little nutritional value.

I'm 31 and I still love the fuckin' things. I try not to eat them too often, I know they're basically just a bunch of sugar.

It's gotta be strawberry jelly or preserves for me. I'm not hugely picky about peanut butter, I like creamy and crunchy, and I prefer fresh-made but have put away plenty of Jif and Peter Pan.

White bread is great, but my favorite bread is toasted whole grain. When I was very young, my father would make PB&Js for me on whole grain toast and now it's a comfort food for me.

I like a little more peanut butter than jelly, but I like a whole lot of both in a single sandwich.

Ugh, now I want a PB&J.

>some of you faggots
>pickles
>pb&j

my first instinct is to fucking gag, but on the other hand part of me wants to believe you can't all be wrong

Not quite the same thing, but I really enjoy myself a peanut butter and banana sandwich every so often and toast with jam. But I haven't had a straight PB&J in ages.

I used to be a Creamy PB guy, but a few years ago I suddenly became a Crunchy guy. Anybody else switch?

Peanut Butter and Mango Chutney. Do it.
Thank me later.

Who /peanutbutterandcheddar/ here?

I don't like bread that much so eating these are the only time I get to. I get a good grainy bread, extra chunky peanut butter and raspberry preserves. I don't like jelly I always prefer preserves, they have texture, real fruit taste and aren't generally as sweet if you get a good quality one. I like it on a lightly toasted bread.

I like them once in a while
When I want something sweet

I tried this a couple days ago and felt the bananas didn't add anything to the sandwich

>Chunky peanut butter with strawberry preserves
My nigga.

I keep these things at the office for a quick lunch in a pinch if I can't be assed to go somewhere or forgot to bring leftovers from home.