Americans. Why is there widesrpead pizza delivery but no burger delivery?

Americans. Why is there widesrpead pizza delivery but no burger delivery?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CgKkvh1JRYQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Good question.
Pizza is more of a party food. You don't order 20 burgers for a party.

>he's never been to a cookout

Bruh

>you dont order 20 burgers for a party
Remind me not to party with you

Pizzas take time to cook. If you want a pizza from someplace - and let's assume it's not a shitty place, let's assume it's one that doesn't have shit on standby and they cook it on-demand - you have the following options:
>1) Go to the pizzeria, place your order, wait 25-60 minutes for the pizza to be made
>2) Call ahead, place your order, pick up the pizza in 30-70 minutes
>3) Call ahead, place your order for delivery, receive pizza at your door in 30-70 minutes

With a burger, if you want a burger, you can just go out and grab one. You don't even have to leave your damn car if you're going to a place with a drive-thru.

So it comes down to convenience, really, pizza delivery lets people not need to sit around the shop waiting for pizza. Burgers are quicker and easier so there's no real need for the added expense and resources of delivery services.

>what the fuck kind of place do you live where pizza takes an hour
chicago, deep dish takes a while to bake

>60 min for a pizza to be made
lol wut

Reasonable explanation really, but I have one thing to add

Also keep in mind that burgers are one-hand food. And relatively small and hassle free. Eating a burger in your car is far more practical than trying to eat a pizza in your car. This is why when places add pizza to their menu's they are very small. Smaller than the personal pizzas you can buy in the freezer in the grocery store.

There is burger delivery. It's not in every location, and definitely not as widespread as pizza delivery, but in a city of most any size, there should be some burger delivery available.

Pizzas are obviously more suitable for piling up and traveling in a car though.

Pats is a popular food chain that delivers pizza, pasta, burgers, wings, wraps and cheesesteaks. Basically any Italian joint will have 3 or 4 of those items to choose from.

Don't they deliver in big cities?

burgers get cold faster you dilly

That's really weird actually. Why do we order pizzas but not burgers?

Most local pizza places deliver burgers too

said, most people are content to just get burgers at the drive-thru, meaning it would be a waste of money for most burger places to hire delivery drivers.

It's too hard to make pizza at home. You'd need a dedicated device that could get to 550ยบ+ American. A pizza oven isn't a home appliance, but a grill is. You can even make hamburgers on the stove, but you can't make a pizza on the stove.

It's why we buy vegetables at all instead of growing all our own. It's feasible but more cost effective for somebody else to

>tfw restaurant does delivery and they have excellent burgers and seasoned waffle fries

Burger King delivers in a lot of big cities now.

They're called diners and grill restaurants bruh

wtf are you talking about? most pizza restaurants will deliver a burger...

but why the fuck would i want to order a burger?

>Americans. Why is there widesrpead pizza delivery but no burger delivery?

you can fit a burger in your pocket there is no need for burger delivery

You'd think there'd be 24hrs McDelivery or something like they have in some Asian countries.

gif sauce??

Can't believe no one has mentioned this yet.

A burger is like $5 max. More like $3 in most cases.

Burger King delivered here in Utah just a couple years ago ($10 minimum purchase, I believe)
Not enough people wanted it, so it ended

I think almost all the weirdness in America is caused by how cities are laid out. It takes much more effort to deliver something in a suburb and out of the city than a densely populated area.

Pizza gets away with it because customers are actually fine with paying 10+ $ for pizza and they don't have to wait for their food to be prepared. In burger price is much more important, less than 10$ is a must and you can actually get your food faster using a drive through without waiting. When the price is below 10$ for the food, the cost of the delivery becomes a burden since you are expected to tip and stuff.

This is the opposite of what happens in European cities or denser large cities. For example when I was in Istanbul they were delivering everything with almost no lower limit. I used to even ask for the courier to buy something on the road from a market. This happens because the city is dense, labor is cheap. All I'm trying to say is that it's not an American cultural thing, it's how the delivery is best optimized in an American city.

we had this thread yesterday.

Spoiler: It's because burgers get cold fast

They don't get cold faster but cold burger is less bearable than cold pizza. It looks disgusting.

I went to mcdonalds at 2am last night and got 16 cheeseburgers to bring back to a group of friends. If I could have phoned and gotten that, I would have.

I always wondered about this.

Same with coffee delivery.

>can't make a pizza on the stove

haha what?

I make my own pizza, and my own dough. 425F is plenty hot enough

It's weird though, here in Thailand you can order McDonalds or KFC through the phone and they'll deliver it to you in like 10 minutes.

There's also a courier service sort of thing where you order food from any restaurant (be it gourmet or fast food) through the app and they'll deliver the food within the hour.

youtube.com/watch?v=CgKkvh1JRYQ

In Quebec you can have burgers delivered. Also, poutine, smoked meat sandwiches, hot chicken sandwiches, probably hot dogs though I've never seen them ordered and all kinds of other cardiotoxic bullshit.

thats a cute cat

That'll be 29.99 plus tip

thank

I work for a mom and pop pizza place, we have plenty of other stuff on the menu (fried foods, burgers, sandwiches, salads, some arabic stuff) and we deliver it all. It kind of sucks, though, because I find myself delivering a $6 burger or order of wings sometimes.

A lot of (non-chain) pizza places also serves burgers and other food as well. They'd gladly deliver one if that's what you ordered.

My best guess is that pizza is more in bulk (multiple slices) and you don't have to worry as much about it remaining "intact."

Once commercial drones take off the whole point will be moot, of course.

Simple reason is that it's not profitable for places like McDonald's or Burger King to deliver in 'Murica.

Yep. At the pizzeria in town its $20 for a large one with 2 toppings. $40 if you add 36 wings.

Almost every place that you can order pizza from also has burgers available, I assumed it was like that for most other places too.

Why would it be? You can't make burgers with a pizza oven. You'd need a whole new set of equipment, and space for that equipment.

I kind of live out in the boonies. I think for most delivery places here they need to have that variety on their menu or else they wouldn't be able to generate enough business. Unfortunately that means many options with mediocre food. It would be nice to live in an area that had places who could do one thing really well.

There's a burger delivery place here in my town, and a Five Guys across the street. The delivery place is way more popular but that's largely thanks to making decent food that isn't sloppy.

McDelivery is good if you're too drunk to drive.
Which is why it's so popular in Shitpostland.

I'd imagine a special shipping method must be created so the bun doesn't get soggy but the burger still stays hot and juicy. Maybe a weapons grade uranium molecule could be placed in the center of the burger.

BRING BACK THE McDLT

I'd be so weirded out if the pizza guy took the pizza out and opened the box to show me.

He want's to show how 'delicious' it looks so you will give a bigger tip. Pizza is always shit though, chances are you are hungry as fuck if you order pizza so you are like damn this is tasty then afterwards you are like well fuck that wasn't very good at all. I only feel like that after eating pizza.

No one delivers to where I live, so it doesn't matter.

You can get food delivered from pretty much every (non-fast food) restaurant using GrubHub/Seamless, so you can order some burgers or sandwiches from a diner and ahve them delivered.