Why do health and medical organizations recommend things like: eat whole grains, beans, vegetables, fruits, nuts...

Why do health and medical organizations recommend things like: eat whole grains, beans, vegetables, fruits, nuts, vegetable oil with a few servings of fish and low fat dairy a week but never meat or poultry or eggs?

Are they not good for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/red-meat.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The elites don't want you to stay properly feed.

no

neutral at best, harmful at worst

Fish is meat you idiot, I assume you mean beef.

Also it's taken for granted that the average person who actually needs to be told to eat whole grains and vegetables probably eats too much shit-tier beef in teh form of mcdonalds hamburgers already. Telling them that it's official healtha advice to eat beef is like giving your obese cat an unlimited bowl of wet food and expecting it not to die of the beetus. What he's gonna do is go "hurr big macs are a health food" the way alcoholics read some buzzfeed-tier clickbait about how a small glass of wine a day might be good for you therefore let's drink a six pack every night.

People need simple instructions and will fuck things up if you appear to be encouraging them to overindulge in the wrong things.

They aren't necessary in a healthy diet so they won't recommend it.

those are things I like to call stupid foods. They need to appeal to the lowest common denominator of idiots that are so fucking retarded they actually make themselves sick and unhealthy by eating too much, like a fucking goldfish or something.
These stupid foods are foods you can eat in large volume like a fucking swine with minimal ill effects

meanwhile since I'm not a fucking heifer I eat icecream, bacon, and hamburgers pretty much on a daily basis and you would be hard pressed to find someone healthier than I am

110/70 bp

>heart-attack at 43

>the way alcoholics read some buzzfeed-tier clickbait about how a small glass of wine a day might be good for you therefore let's drink a six pack every night.

Every alcoholic I know understands they are killing themselves. I've actually not met many in denial about it, or that would pretend something as stupid as what you are suggesting

what part of my impeccable cardiovascular stats did you not understand?

this meme of fat being bad for you needs to stop. like, seriously nigga, go for a fucking walk after dinner.

>I eat icecream, bacon, and hamburgers pretty much on a daily basis and you would be hard pressed to find someone healthier than I am
No I wouldn't. Skinny ≠ healthy. Lots of people that look and seem fit have diabetic tier organs.

yeah, butter makes you smarter

Fat is a necessary part of any healthy diet. Chemicals formed when searing red meats at high temperatures are not a necessary part of any diet. Stop conflating the two things, as there are much healthier ways to put fat into your body than by eating a bacon cheeseburger. Poached wild salmon for instance shits all over your bacon cheeseburger in literally every way.

Bacon cheeseburgers taste great, no one would claim otherwise. Not much else in the world gives the feeling of eating a bacon cheeseburger. A bacon cheeseburger every now and then is perfectly fine. But it would be a lie to pretend no one food is any better or worse for you than any other food. Eating bacon cheeseburgers 10x a week is statistically going to put you in the high risk camp.

Now it is your cue to say some grandma ate a charred steak and smoked a cigar every day so this proves statistics are a vegan lie.

Literally 95% of people under age 30 have about the same stats. Your lifestyle decisions are setting you up for failure later on in life.

the problem is you are correlating consumption of bacon cheeseburgers with the health of people who don't give a dick about their bodies what so ever
what ever statistics you are looking for fall apart the moment you look at a sample of people like me who eat any foods we want but ALSO follow a well designed exercise regiment every day
I'm not skinny, I'm fit. and I don't mean Veeky Forums, I mean I actually have a health body fat percentage, muscles, and can run a few miles without passing out from exhaustion.
I'm a competitive jiujitsu/judo player. Walk around at 185, fight at 81kg- so I cut /10/ pounds or so the week before a fight
I have god tier genetics too. My family is much less healthy than I am and nobody has any heart difficulties

Or they use it as tongue-in-cheek humor.

Spot the former "I used to be a competitive {insert sport here}"

Corporate middle management is filled with people like you. Out of shape, ugly, and in denial. You guys always try to talk fitness with me (late 30s, conspicuously fit to the point where fatties try to fit-shame me). I humor you when you do this, but inside I'm judging you.

Just so you know.

p.s. I ate 2 strips of jowl bacon today, but most days it's whole grains, legumes, free range eggs from a local farmer, a fuck ton of vegetables, and dairy from grass-fed sources.

the only thing that's going to stop me from training and playing is mechanical injury, so barring that I will be doing this still when I'm 90

>injury
Yeah, that's usually what does it. Injury (often caused by an unwillingess or inability to spot a potential problem early and change habits). This then turns into denial (I'm just gonna keep eating like I ate because I'm a competitive {insert sport here}". And the same inflexibility means not being able to find another way to stay active.

Fast forward a few years and I have to mute you on the meeting because your heavy breathing is freaking people out, and you're trying to give me fitness advice while the shirt buttons are popping off your belly.

your posts just bleed insecurity, and this comes from the fact you have regrets. You regret that you never decided to live for yourself or take any chances and now you are an unknown low level paper pusher for a faceless company. Now you're looking for any excuses to feel superior to others, even when they clearly have shit figured out and you don't.

go enjoy your bean sprouts and file cabinets, I'll be over here literally fighting to the death for fun and celebrating my victories with easily impressed women, beer, and korean bbq.

I assume because people already eat a shitton of meat, poultry and eggs

Heh. I was wondering if your post would be more like "yeah that's not gonna be me" or a butthurt defensive comeback. You seemed like a level-headed guy but apparently not :(

Most guys I've met who are into fighting sports are pretty laid back and chilled out, but there's that small percent that has barely managed personal issues. You seem like one of those.

>You seemed like a level-headed guy but apparently not :(
I'm so relaxed to the point it's probably a character flaw. People often get upset with how breezy and easy going I am, especially when it probably isn't appropriate to be.

>the problem is you are correlating consumption of bacon cheeseburgers with the health of people who don't give a dick about their bodies what so ever
>what ever statistics you are looking for fall apart the moment you look at a sample of people like me who eat any foods we want but ALSO follow a well designed exercise regiment every day

Yeah, you have a good point. I'm sure some low IQ shitposter on Veeky Forums can better review the totality of evidence and apply the Hill criteria than all those ivory tower nerds. Scientific consensus? It's just a global conspiracy. Fuck the illuminati, bro. Thanks for the red pill.

and here you are unable to provide a long term strictly controlled diet comparing the health effects of different diets on a large diverse group of people

because no such study exists

Lol, dude fuck you. I don't have to support what I say with anything. Everyone knows I'm right, but you must live in a fucking fly-over state and vote for Trump

Ask yourself this though, would you really continue eating chicken if you could easily quite cold turkey?

Yeah, it tastes good, but it's the meat loved by the masses for a reason: CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP. Which means it needs to be pumped to high heaven with antibiotics and GM to grow giant titties. Opt for quail if you really want poultry. I stopped eating chicken and am currently working on pork.

It's not "eat only whole grains and veg" it's "eat MORE whole grains and veg"
They know full well that you're stuffing yourself with nothing but processed corn and deli meats.

I'm disappointed there isn't an official maple syrup category.

Older versions did have an "Other" category for candy and sweets, but it only existed as a small blurb saying "try to eat these in moderation if you can't avoid them entirely."

with that standard of evidence you can dismiss virtually everything in medicine

where's the long term controlled study on the health effects of smoking?

Also a 6 pack a day is not alcoholic tier in any way what so ever. I drink over 1.75 liters of rum a day and still function normal and type normal. It does hardly anything to me any more except fix the void in my brain that is missing for what ever reason. I know it is killing me. We all die in the end. I'd rather die and not know it. ( I know you aren't the one who said the 6 pack thing but just responding out of agreeing with you.)

>poached wild salmon shits all over y our bacon cheeseburger

>Why do health and medical organizations recommend things like: eat whole grains, beans, vegetables, fruits, nuts, vegetable oil with a few servings of fish and low fat dairy a week but never meat or poultry or eggs?
Economics. If everyone's diet consisted of the high-fat, low carb, meat-heavy diet that nature intended for us, meat would become scarce.

They steer from beef because muh cholesterol.

What is functioning alcoholic. Alcoholic is really when you NEED to drink, at any level, but usually greater amounts. You have the potential for death if you stopped cold turkey.

That wouldn't be a very smart move considering healthcare costs

Microbes in our guts are poorly understood. There's millions of different kinds, they are highly complex systems, and they differ from individual to individual. There's more microbes in you than cells with your DNA. Life is symbiotic.

This system is adaptive and shaped by evolution. The problem arises with countless hacks of that system used to sell the cheapest to make stuff as food. You can no longer rely on your instincts about what to eat in a world that exerts considerably more effort into confusing your senses over what is good for you than it does on improving nutrition.

Most people don't even know how their own colon works. How you need harder to digest food like whole grain and raw veggie to feed the microbes toward the end of your colon because if you just eat white flour, cooked veggie, and meat no available nutrients ever make it there. And this doesn't just affect indigestion and gas, it also means your whole nutrient system permanently runs in an emergency condition, changing your endocrinology, emotional state, sleep cycle, EVERYTHING.

Now meat is special. For starters what we buy as meat today would be considered sickly and suspect, bland tasting, and generally unappetizing by someone from 200 years ago. The way we grow our meat with overfertilized fodder full of herbicides, antibiotics for improved weight gain, and huge monocultures that are only sustainable by making animals live industrially, that just doesn't produce food.

Eating mammals activates a microbe in our digestion that produces harmful fats which clog arteries. It's no big deal when you have beef or pork a few times a year. But if you eat it every day you get a generation of heart failures at 50.

Now you can be a cold blooded technocrat and claim that this solves a lot of economic problems. But besides the obvious social implications it would also mean you'd have to stop spending all that money on bypass surgeries, dialysis, and possibly Alzheimer care.

Homegrown organic

all red meat is generally considered to be pretty not good for you

>meanwhile since I'm not a fucking heifer I eat icecream, bacon, and hamburgers pretty much on a daily basis and you would be hard pressed to find someone healthier than I am

Bacon is singlemost cancer correlated processed meat on the planet
Commercial ice cream is literally sugar, fat and vegetable oil with as close to zero nutrition as it gets
Hamburgers are generally fine, but eating red meat more than twice a week has been shown to kill you pretty quick in countless studies

If this isn't shit tier bait you're full on lying or full on mentally deficient. But hey, at least you get to enjoy sugar and fat and shitposting on the internet, right?

well literally everywhere, including the fact that smoking doesn't cause cancer.
the only disease smoking directly causes is emphysema, and it will hasten the development of cancer, but if your body is naturally cancer free smoking isn't going to cause it.

shocking I know. Almost as though genetics play a bigger role in health than any other factors

>Bacon is singlemost cancer correlated processed meat on the planet
>implying I buy plebeian-tier Hormel shit
>implying you can get cancer from pork and salt

>carcinogens don't contribute towards cancer
>eating the 3 unhealthiest foods I could think of every day will make you healthy
>medical science as we understand it is false and I'm right because I say so and anyone who disagrees or calls me out on my inane generalizations is too dumb to understand I'm healthy

You really need to learn to listen to yourself, you actually made a good point about the correlation of studies towards shitty lifestyle being biased, but you've also ruined any potential points you could've made with some of the dumbest shit I've read in as long as I can remember

>no u got me wrong i meant the healthy bacon!@!"
>no i meant the medically unstudied pork and salt that's strictly healthy!@":"$

Learn to communicate while you're at it, you sound like a 12 year old

>eating red meat more than twice a week has been shown to kill you pretty quick in countless studies
please go ahead and link me to some of these countless studies that prove red meat is a problem? I'll save you the trouble, you can't and wont find any because no such study has ever demonstrated such a thing. The best you are going to find is a loose correlation in people who eat red meat, as well as excessive sugar and overeating in general. There has never been a study done with a control that strictly monitors what people eat as well as their activity levels

the burger eater has his meal with a 24 ounce coke, fries, and has never exercised a day in his life
the vegetarian ate his 3 bean salad and then went for a bike ride

clearly the red meat is the reason the first person is unhealthy, right?

and to touch on your bacon = cancer remark
all humans have a 5% of developing colorectal cancer, no matter what you do it's simply part of the human condition. Mother of god did you hear about that study though that says eating cured red meat increases that risk by 16%! eating bacon increases your cancer risk to 21% why would you do that to yourself?

except no, its a 16% increase of 5%, meaning your cancer risk for eating bacon is elevated from 5% to

>medical science as we understand it is false
maybe you should actually try studying medicine formally like I have instead of parroting social conventions you believe to be true
smoking doesn't cause cancer, this is a fact. It will only worsen the condition if it already exists but smoking isn't going to cause cell mutations

this isn't an A=B thing
its an A helps B turn into C thing. That's why you havesome people who smoke a pack of day for 80 years and never develop cancer. The smoking will never cause cancer, only raise the risk of mutated cells becoming cancerous

Literally the first 4 results on google are all credible long term studies. Since you're pretending to be retarded to serve an argument here's a randomly selected overview nhs.uk/Livewell/Goodfood/Pages/red-meat.aspx

>the burger eater has his meal with a 24 ounce coke, fries, and has never exercised a day in his life
>I don't understand how medical study or control works

>clearly the red meat is the reason the first person is unhealthy, right?
>I'm too flippant to look at something objectively so I'll pretend I'm 12 on the internet instead

>except no, its a 16% increase of 5%, meaning your cancer risk for eating bacon is elevated from 5% to

show me studies with food logs and 100% lab controlled meals and exercise regiments
you wont be able to
you are obviously upset because I'm right, heathy will never get sick from these fat guy diseases, and could beat you in an arm wrestling match without even trying

>you wont be able to google for me within literally 60 seconds so I can dismiss something else that objects with my mindless bullshit

You're 12, we get it, your dad could beat up my dad, now stop embarrassing yourself on the internet

>The smoking will never cause cancer, only raise the risk of mutated cells becoming cancerous
Can you explain how cancer develops? I just want to see your formally studied medicine knowledge

Rich people can eat steak and lobster. You can have a bowl of rice or oats.

Lobster used to be considered inferior food. So much so that there was legislation stating that you couldn't feed it to prisoners more than twice a week.

>It does hardly anything to me any more except fix the void in my brain that is missing for what ever reason
That's exactly what alcoholism is.

>look mom I posted it again

Lobsters back then were only available in a can, mind.
It was basically dogfood.

>smoking doesn't cause cancer, this is a fact. It will only worsen the condition if it already exists
lol, this is not true at all