What are your favorite cocktails Veeky Forums?

What are your favorite cocktails Veeky Forums?

Had one called Tom Yam in Singapore. Pepper vodka, ginger schnapps, and a twist of lemon grass served in a glass topped with candied ginger pieces. Definitely the most memorable cocktail I've ever drank.

I've only recently discovered creme de violette and have been swallowing these down for the last month

Big fan of classic gin cocktails. These are delicious, but I'd rather have a gimlet or the last word. Negronis can come too.

I love classic mojitos.

I also enjoy drinks featuring any of these: cucumber (especially combined with gin), basil, lavender syrup, or ginger beer.

gimlets are also amazing, I really fell in love with gimlets and am now trying to try out all the staples.

the last word sounds good, but is it worth the $60 for a bottle of chartreuse? I never had the stuff before.

Manhattan

Not any less than an aviation is worth the bottle of creme de violette. You can add green chartreuse to quite a bit for vegetal fun and it doesn't really need to be refrigerated like most liqueurs.

use rye and we're in business

Whiskey and 7-up/ ginger ale
Bloody Mary, but has to be done right (no pre-made mixes)

tequila lime margueritas. God I wish I could have that every weekend

I don't have one because I'm not a fag.

I make my Manhattans with Fireball Whisky

Probably my current favorite is one I invented a while back. It doesn't have a name. Names are hard.

Anyway, I wanted to make something Appalachia-inspired. Went with fresh blackberry syrup, double strong black tea, bourbon, squeeze of lime, top with ginger beer, and a dash of angostura orange. Serve in a mason jar, garnish with 3 blackberries on a skewer and a lime wedge.

Originally, I used moonshine, but bourbon was way better.

Word. Let's get a case of Natty and talk about our favorite indie bands

>Breakfast
Bloody Mary

>Lunch
Martini

>Dinner
Manhattan

>Other welcome cocktails
Martinez, Negroni, Caipirinha

As far as classic cocktails go, I think this covers most occasions and situations where one may be drinking.

Bourbon and soda
Bourbon and ginger ale
Bourbon and coke
Gin and tonic
Gin and orange soda
Gin and soda with a little lime juice
Gin and grapefruit juice
Red wine and coke

If I'm feeling fancy I'll make a Margarita or sex on the beach. Usually I stick to bourbon coke or gin grapefruit.

I would drink with you.

Hemmingway Daquiri for Brunch and a Bouveladier pre dinner.
A well made Mai Tai on a hot late night.

bloody mary for breakfast
beer at lunch
gin martini waiting for dinner
beer with dinner

^ that's when I go out. at home I usually drink vodka + coke zero or beer

A gin bramble, but it's so difficult to find bars that have everything needed to make it.

Mai Tais are fantastic. No one makes them right, though. They always put pineapple juice or grenadine or some shit and never put in enough rum. Only way I can get one done properly is to make it myself.

Exactly my thoughts, its meant to be a short, not long cocktail, making it yourself is the best way to avoid dissapointment.
Same thing happens to the humble daquri, its devolved into a sugary and weak clusterfuck girly drink, when in fact a real daquri is pretty damn macho.

gin and cranberry with lemon

Never had a Bouveladier, sounds good though. I cant really get my hands on rye whiskey unfortunately, unless im willing to pay what seems like quite a lot of money. Jim Beam Rye is £23 ($33) for 70cl.

Strange, I've had mai tais at a lot of tiki bars and the ones I've had have always been fucking strong.

Mai tais are the best though.

If you go to tiki bars, maybe. They're probably using the original Trader Vic's recipe. Most other places, they'll give you amaretto, pineapple juice, a little rum, and grenadine, maybe with a splash of bar lime and call it a Mai Tai.

A real Mai Tai's only gonna be moderately sweet, gotta use orgeat, not amaretto, and has three kinds of rum.

Just use a high proof bourbon, WT101 or knob creek work fine and are affordable and good on their own, unlike jim beam rye which is piss.

It is worth investing in a bottle of rittenhouse BIB, great whiskey and can be used for heaps of cocktails, great neat too.

It's my birthday on Saturday so I decided to spend the preceding 5 days playing videogames and drinking cocktails alone like the worthless NEET I am, starting from tomorrow.

Homemade simple syrup just went in the fridge. Ice cube trays are loaded and in the freezer. Grocery order including the following has been placed:

1 litre Gordon's gin
1 litre Smirnoff vodka
70cl Bacardi white rum
70cl Stolichnaya vodka
8 litres soda water
2 litres pure orange juice
1 litre tonic water
Lemons and Limes (3 of each)
4x160ml bottles tomato juice
30g mint leaves
500ml pure lemon juice
700g pitted green olives
500ml "Elderflower Rose" cordial
500ml "Blueberry Blackcurrant" cordial

Planning to mix the cordial with soda water, gin and lime. Gonna try making Mojitos and Tom Collins at some point. Bloody Marys for the mornings. Any advice?

Do you have a boston glass or are you building in the glass?

I'll order a Bloody Mary any time of day. There's a place near me that uses a really legit, local tomato juice. Their specific version of a Bloody Mary is probably my favorite specific cocktail.

Gin and tonic with whatever fruit I have on hand is what I usually make at home, though. Either that or rum and coke.

I'll probably be pouring it straight into the glass. I've thought about shaking it in a jar or something, but I don't have a proper cocktail shaker.

fucking hipster

What makes you say most liqueurs need to be refrigerated?

If its under about 19% it should be refrigerated like an open bottle of wine and for the same reasons. Chartreuse is high proof so it doesn't need to be.

But ya all vermouths, and some low proof liquors should be refrigerated like aperol and falernum.

Ya a jam jar or whatever works.

You need more limes and lemons. For a tom collins you want an ounce of Lemon, and for the Mojito 3/4 of lime. ( I am ignoring your not fresh juice heresy)

drinking cheap beer and listening to indie makes you a hipster?

buying PBR makes you a hipster because it is cheap beer that is over priced and now you know and knowing is half the battle

- a hipster

white russians with frangelico instead of khalua

I forget the name

White Lady, Negroni, John Collins, Gimlet, Spanish Coffee, Churchill, Moscow Mule... Basically my favorite cocktail is one made by someone with passion for their work.

this
h
i
s

>I forget the name

It's called an "I have a vagina".

If I just want a drink:
>Lime Rickey
>Moscow Mule
>Gin and Tonic
>Vodka Tonic

When I want to prep shit: