Why are these called sausages when they're clearly not sausages?

Why are these called sausages when they're clearly not sausages?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sausage
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why must you attack the system in such ways? You are not suppose to question it. Just accept it and baaa baaaaa on.

Sausage is a blend of ground meats and spice, you just associate the term Sausage with the casing is it packed in.

So a hamburger is a sausage? So is a hot dog by what you say.

Well of course a hot dog is a sausage, what else could they be? Admittedly they're really cheap sausages, but still.

It needs to be in some sort of casing to be a sausage.

Well that is probably why I don't consider them real sausages and that is my bad on that one. They are such shitty meat I don't tend to associate them as such. Still, some are pretty good regardless but I would take a good normal sausage of any type over a hot dog any day.

What if you took a good sausage, grilled it, put it in a toasted bun, and topped it with mustard? What would you call that?

german

I would call that lunch.

its a sausage patty

I think those are called hamborgurs OP I'm not sure but with some nice potato strings it will surely taste like cow turds and hay

reminds me that summer is almost here

That is fresh sausage, not cured and/or smoked sausage, which is sold loose or in patty or link form. Stop being stupid.

Wrong again, idiot.

>idiot
rude

Its a sausage patty, just like the name says.

>A sausage is a food usually made from ground meat, often pork, beef or veal, along with salt, spices and breadcrumbs, with a skin around it.
>with a skin around it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sausage

>usually

That refers to the ground meat part.

Do you not know what usually means?

No, it doesn't.

>cherry picking

well fuck SJW on Veeky Forums let's just say it's ground pork with herb and spices formed into a patty so we don't offend the pieces of shit

They are either rounds cut from a sausage or breakfast sausage spiced patties, they use a spice mix similar to other breakfast sausages.

>Wikipedia, that open source encyclopedia that anyone can edit is a credible source.
retard.

you two are stupid

Clearly this. Everyone else has no idea how the English language works

As opposed to user, the uncited retard? Just how many caseless traditional sausages are there out there anyway, I can only think of two.

yet another hopelessly autistic Veeky Forums taxonomy quibbling thread.

it's called sausage because it's sausage meat. a filling that traditionally gets put in a sausage. people took it out of the sausage but continued to call it sausage so that other people would know it tastes like a sausage.

there you go where's my fucking nobel prize.

I'm German and if it doesn't look like a sausage, it isn't a sausage for me.
It was weird as fuck to see people using "ground sausage" in cooking. We don't have shit like that here.

They're patties ya dingus.

The west is such burgers land we need the everything in burger form

A "sausage patty" if you will. Autists are stupid

They arent sausages, they are sausage patties

Fuckin morons ITT, theyre even labelled as such

They ARE sausages, they're just not sausage links.

I don't know what sort of fuck head would call those sausages, but I don't want them anywhere near me.

Based on a thread in the past, apparently Americans are the morons who do that. They buy a big tube of minced pork, split it open, make burgers out of it and call them sausages.

They are a backwards people.

Why are these called fish sticks? They're clearly not fish, they don't even have gills.

The tube is already sausage you dingus, you slice off a round and cook it.

It's literally the same thing as the giant sausage tubes you yurups have.

Good lord.

>Well of course a hot dog is a sausage

Wrong again, idiot.

What in the ever loving fuck are you talking about?

Americans need to be banned from talking about sausages, they spout utter nonsense and it always ends up in a shitstorm.

Indeed, ignore those yanks twats.

lol fag

They don't give them away for spewing shit on a screen. You're out of luck.

The evolution of language is an ugly thing.

Who the fuck is Patty? What the fuck are you even talking about?

Yeah but I don't hold it against you.

"I know you are but what am I" most excellent good sir

It is when it isn't an evolution and just clappyfats screaming insanity.

Takes one to know one.

They're also called frankfurters and weiners, as in "sausage prepared in the style of Frankfurt and/or Vienna"

Hotdogs and sausages are two completely different things.

Setting aside the fact that Americans are using the word 100% correctly, you Brits are the retards who decided "mincemeat" should contain neither mince nor meat so you've got no right to judge.

wat?

it depends only on if it's remembered that way or our way, and there's more of them than there are of us

do you know the history of mincemeat and why it's called what it's called?

You're retarded.

>you Brits
Interesting conclusion. I have noticed that everyone who disagrees with an American is an island monkey.

What the fuck sort of sausages are you eating that they are the same as hotdogs?

my god this thread is stupider than the one i made threed days ago when i was drunk and having dizzy spells from my hep

The word sausage literally just means "salted" and yet you're still throwing a hissy fit over seeing sausages not shaped like a penis, the history of mincemeat is irrelevant.

ITT: Pedantic meets ethnocentric.

Hot dogs, for one.
Since they're sausages.

Vienna sausages are also quite similar.

>American
>Any concept of history

Where was I throwing a hissy fit, I was saying that meanings of words change not that anybody is right or wrong.
>the history of mincemeat is irrelevant
well, fundamentally everything is irrelevant, the history is interesting though. they used to have mince meat in them, the name stuck, that's language for you.

well now you're just being mean

do i have to draw a fucking venn diagram you uncomprehending nigger

Well with an argument that compelling I must be wrong.

You stupid horse fucker.

"A hot dog (also spelled hotdog) is a cooked sausage, traditionally grilled or steamed and served in a sliced bun.[2][3][4][5] Hot dog variants include the corn dog and pigs in blankets. Typical hot dog garnishes include mustard, ketchup, onions, mayonnaise, relish, cheese, chili, olives, and sauerkraut."

Well, you're wrong but I don't know what the fuck that abomination is but that picture looks like hotdogs.

a graph is what this thread is lacking

What is it about sausages specifically that cause Americans to sperg out? It's really fucking weird.

but user, we've already established that wikipedia is editable by everybody and so is useless junk, and you should all accept my opinion given without any references instead

When did "sausage patty" become "this this a sausage fuck off yuropoors"?

>The word sausage literally just means "salted"
What the fuck fills Americans head up with this utter shit?

Well yes, if you are going to make an incorrect claim then you should at least have an infographic to support it. Give us a real chuckle at your stupidity.

that is literally the etymology of sausage
please don't shit the bed

what a word means and what its etymology is are different things

That doesn't answer anything. You are an American calling hotdogs sausages so posting an American written wiki entry doing the same means nothing.

All you have to do is simple explain how they are the same. Don't even fucking dare try and say they are the same purely because they have the same shape, because that would just make me lose all remaining faith I have in America.

I love it, sausages are like Veeky Forumss Kryptonite. If you want to ruin a thread and you know Americans are scooting about, you just bring up sausages and watch the tards flail about.

>You are an American calling hotdogs sausages

What's the problem with that? Hotdogs are made of a forcemeat put into a casing. Surely that qualifies as one of the many types of sausage out there?

cheese is a good one, also.

what are biscuits again?

now I'm british but isn't a frankfurter/hot dog just finely processed sausage meat in a casing?

They are different ingredients, manufacturing processes, cooking methods, tastes, texture, look, casing and eating style.

How in the fuck are they the same to you? The only way they are even vaguely similar is the phallic shape.

Ooh yes, cheese and biscuits too. Good call.

Beer should be thrown on the list too I think. If i see another muh craft brew again I will split my sides.

M8 hotdogs are tubes of jelly, that has fuck all to do with a proper sausage.

1) I am not american, but I was a few times in USA and eat hotdogs there...
2) finelly minced meat put in a casing and boiled is a sausage
3) putting this sausage in a bun with typical garnishment like sauerkraut makes a.. hotdog!

Don't forget that hotdogs are even stored for sale in a completely different way to sausages.

oh so you're debating what's really in them not what's supposed to be in them

>boiled

The entire thing is completely different. It's like calling a pork pie a sausage because it has minced pork in it even though that would be much more similar to a sausage than a hotdog.

It's asinine.

Tell me, what country do you live in because I don't believe it is a country that consumes sausages.