What do you usually buy at the dollar store?

what do you usually buy at the dollar store?

Other urls found in this thread:

dollartree.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=weddings
youtube.com/watch?v=_M5aOBMvsPk
youtube.com/watch?v=0Rqs5siPalo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Chips, cheap candy. I feel dirty every time I go to a dollar store.

can you be more specific?

steak

Actual dollar store, like dollar tree? I buy some cheap candies, they have a little dollar box of soft pretzels.

They don't really have much in the way of actual food products that I can use for anything. My local dollar tree doesn't even have those little dollar boxes of mac n cheese anymore, it's mostly just snacks nowadays, along with cheap household supplies, brillo pads n shit.

A bag of TGI Fridays bacon cheddar potato skins, a Chunky bar (why is it only the dollar store that sells Chunky anymore?) and a box of orange-almond cookies if they got 'em. Or those Knotts Berry Farm cookies with raspberry jam.

accordinf to their website you can plan a wedding entirely on dollar tree prodcts
dollartree.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=weddings

Dollar Tree isn't so good for food but the 99 cent store is, they actually have fresh food there.

PSA: Dollar stores aren't actually cheaper than anywhere else. You just get lower quality and/or less quantity

Nothing cause I'm not fucking poor.

If you compare sizes to say, Target, you'll notice it's not a better deal, just a smaller size scaled down to be $1 worth of product. I'd rather buy more and shop less frequently.

Mainly batteries.
Candy, screen protector, poster putty, scallops, and maybe a cheeseburger if I wanna feel bad

My local pound land sells protein bars with 35g protein and 201 cals.
Best value protein bars I've ever seen, but chocolate, peanut butter and any other flavour they carry tastes like compacted dust covered in chocolate. I sort of love them though for the thick chewy texture.

Just so you know, a couple of years ago many of the largest brands of protein supplements were found to have high levels of cadmium and other fun stuff in them.

They purged their product lines and have (mostly) cleaned up their act, but I would be highly reluctant to eat any protein bars from retail mass-discount places.

Many of our Dollar Trees became Deal$. Deal$ was Dollar Tree's relatively upmarket store until they bought out Family Dollar and rebranded all the Deal$ stores back to Dollar Tree again (sucks).
Most things were $5 or less, but some things, such as appliances and some food products, were higher.
In November, they sold frozen Butterball turkeys, regardless of weight, for $5 (limit one per customer plus, I think, $25 purchase).

Now that they own Family Dollar, I don't see any difference in FD's shitty inventory. Deal$ was the fucking best, though.

My local DT sells O'Tasty's Tasty Select brand of frozen dumplings. They're fucking magical. Also Golden Krust Jamaican patties.

pens
foil disposable pans/ kitchen utensils
mine has organic soymilk/cows in a box
pb and choc buddy bars
oatmeal
bbq sunflower seeds
chicken tamales
qt size gevalia coffee drinks
nacho cheese dip cups

My dad once bought a steak at a dollar store. I tried a bit, I don't remember what it tasted like exactly but I know I instantly regretted it

Fun dip. I can't find it anywhere else.

Spices.

Thanks for the advice. These seem to be a different beast to most supplements though, they don't have the candy bar texture of other protein bars, they seem to be made entirely of compressed whey as far as the ingredients and texture show, and theyre relatively new.
They even do a vegan or whatever version with carob instead of chocolate.

energy drinks

CHILI LIME PEANUTS AWWW YEAHHHH

they sometimes have GOAT candy selection. Only place around me that I've found pic related. Also Halloween decorations.

came here to post this

last trip I got some Tiki punch, Cry Babies & Bit-O Honey candy

batteries are batteries.

>A bag of TGI Fridays bacon cheddar potato skins

Pretty much these. Maybe some chedder fries.

>what do you usually buy at the dollar store?
Dollar Store refers to Dollar General Store you fucking degenerate.

This is Dollar Tree.

Anyhow, I prefer the $1 New York strip from Dollar Tree:

youtube.com/watch?v=_M5aOBMvsPk

They had some decent swing-top bottles that withstood hot tea for making kombucha.
Wish I'd taken the plunge and bought more initially, though, as I didn't want to find out they weren't tempered properly (which they seem to be): they were sold out when I went back.
Other than that, whatever's on my food shopping list that they happen to have in stock and cheapest, which is hit-or-miss.

I've only ever found those things to be good for making Mongolian beef, seeing as they're sliced so thin.

Yes.
I wish they'd carry the green diet Rip Its in more stores.
And any pickling spices, although I'll admit that's probably expecting too much.

Lies.
Those Sunbeam batteries are shit and a scourge upon humanity.

My TI-84 disagrees

Ice cream sandwich and a big fucking Gatorade.

Maybe you've been lucky and haven't encountered a pack of faulty batteries yet.
Therein lies the problem, though: I've had runs of good packs, then times when every other battery was junk.
I would take a battery that is consistently short-lived yet reliable over one that has a better lifespan but significantly higher rate of defectiveness.

Those XXL burritos, too, and you've got yourself a meal there.

Dark chocolate. I'll brag a box of ten and then get some fruit from Safeway and have chocolate covered fruit for days.

>defending Dollar General
What's it like having shit tastes, pleb?

I got my favorite 'stein' from a Dollar Tree.

They had a bunch of glass overstock (from st. Patrick's day, I think) and it's stayed with me for 5 years now.

Dollar store whores

generally canned goods that are going to be used as part of other dishes. Things like Black Beans, Rotel tomatoes etc. Cheapo candy, poster board or other art supplies they may not be able to fuck up

I bought eggs from dollar tree once and got liquid shits for two days after eating one

hot dog/burger buns, tastykakes, otc meds

youtube.com/watch?v=0Rqs5siPalo

Your mom

I work at a dollar tree in Canada

Ama

dollars.

nasal spray.

Last time I went to a Dollar Store I came out with a two liter of fruit punch, two boxes of "vegetable" crackers (which were super fucking good) and two dark chocolate milky way bars.

I destroyed all of them in a night.

I can't tell if this is violent sarcasm or the apex of soccer mom

Snacks for movies

Ill tell what I won't buy:

condors
hemorrhoid creme
suppositories
pregnancy tests
jock itch powder
shaving creme (always stinks)
your Mom

you sound like a fat asshole.

True story: I paid the cashier for anal sex once. She was some 50 year old mexican lady. It took her like .001 seconds to agree. Went in the back and railed that shit.

you could have gotten a better deal at walmart depending on your location

Has anyone actually tried the legendary $1 steak? I've looked for it at my local store but they don't have it.

>depending on your location

user was pretty explicit about that
the butt

Usually chips, cookies, soda/drinks. I hope the nearest dollar store stocks up on TGI Fridays mozzarella stick chips again, those are my favorite.

Sometimes it even has good refrigerated/frozen stuff. Every few weeks or so it has Liberte yogurt which is the best I've ever had.

How much
What location (like, city, not specifically what branch

Bags of spicy peanuts, I also found out they carry Voodoo chips.

>(why is it only the dollar store that sells Chunky anymore?)
Come over to Rite-Aid, we still sell Chunky regular and king size

A Dollar General opened in the town I go grocery shopping in and it smells like vomit. It's the only store that constantly smells like this.

Yeah this.

There are SOME things that are cheaper by the amount at the dollar store but for the most part you aren't saving money there.

Haven't gone there since the 90s
There was one in the mall where the movie theater was.
So everyone would go to the Dollar Tree and buy a box of candy there to eat in the theater

Cleaning supplies.

Food related:
>candy and chocolate
>spices
>those big bottles of Arnold Palmer tea/lmeonade

Not food related:
>puzzles($8 at Walmart lol)
>body spray
>laundry detergent