I can't cook

Help. Currently in the middle of cooking a pork roast with some recipe I got online, the first one that comes up when you google it. Said to use foil to make clean up easy. So I thought, cool, and wrapped the thing in foil, put it in a glass baking dish, stuck it in the oven at 350 for an hour.

Take it back out, thing is cold and soft to the touch, and is cold and wet in the middle, dark red inside, cept the bottom, which looked like it had actually cooked. So, wrapping it in foil fucked it up right? I have no idea what I'm even looking at with this thing, so in my ignorant mind I was like hey cool wrap it in foil, keeps the heat in, cooks evenly. I'm guessing foil works both ways and keeps the heat out if you fully enclose it?

What now tho, I stuck it back in the oven and am just going to periodically check it till it looks done.

Other urls found in this thread:

target.com/p/market-pantry-pork-loin-roast-2-lbs/-/A-15418256
allrecipes.com/recipe/39447/simple-savory-pork-roast/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh, and I took the foil off too.

how much did the pork weigh before you cooked it?

It sounds like its undercooked. pork roast in my exp usually takes longer than an hour.

it depends on the cut of the pork too. do you remember what you bought?

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST FOLLOW THE FUCKING RECIPE ITS NOT GODDAMN ROCKET SCIENCE

After a quick googlin

target.com/p/market-pantry-pork-loin-roast-2-lbs/-/A-15418256

That's exactly what I had, two pounds.

I did, but when it recommended foil I think I did it wrong.

Bump for avoiding food poisoning.

link the recipe then you mongoloid

allrecipes.com/recipe/39447/simple-savory-pork-roast/

Put it in the oven, don't wrap it in foil, cook until done.

was the pork at room temperature or close to it? was it frozen? is your oven termometer reliable?

Thas what I thought, took it out and checked it again without the foil wrapped on it, it's actually cookin now.

It was thawed yeah, guess it was the foil after all.

also, you know the foil has different sides right? brighter side should be on the inside

No, I don't, I legit do not know how to cook or anything about the properties of foil.

Thanks for telling me though, lesson learned.

the brither side being on the outside reflects the heat, so it doesn't penetrate into the meat.

if you turn it to the inside, it directs the heat directly to the meat

it's probably why it didn't cook

I'll have to take a look at it, but yeah the foil is definitely the culprit. Taking it off and it cooked through and though.

Too through and through actually, it's not awful, but it's not what I'd serve at a fancy restaurant. Lil bit dry.

>buying groceries from target

I buy all kinds of shit from Target when I find a gift card my mommy gave me for Christmas.

You two are exaggerating. Turning the foil the wrong way wouldn't rest in cold meat after being in the oven an hour. Its a fucking oven, foil isn't going to reflex THAT much heat.

I would check your oven op, get a thermometer and see how hot its getting

Then why did it magically start cooking after I unwrapped it and got rid of the foil? It was no joke cool to the touch, only the bottom which was in contact with the dish was cooked.

Did you pre-heat your oven or just put the meat in and turn it on?

Preheated. Didn't turn it off when I took it out either, believe me I was just as surprised when it was fucking cool to the touch, it was legit in there at 350 for an hour.

Got rid of the foil, put it back in, and it was sizzling in a few minutes.

At this point it sounds like you'd better ask /x/ what they think. No way would it be cool to the touch, no matter which side of the foil faced out.

WHY DO YOU LIE

lmao

this fucking thread

this guy probably wrapped his pork in 100 meters of foil

even if you did that, it wouldn't stop it from cooking.

Foil only slows heat transfer until it gets hot (which is incredibly quickly given how thin it is and how high the heat conductivity of Al is)

I don't though, legit.

It was no joke cool to the touch man, and the inside was especially.

Then why wasn't it hot? And why did it get hot after I removed the foil?

Then you literally broke the laws of thermodynamics and you should be awarded a nobel prize.

It is impossible to put a material in an oven at a certain temperature and not have that material reach equilibrium with its surroundings

Weird, guess you must be missing something.