Your opinion on jidouhanbaiki

Your opinion on jidouhanbaiki

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/1985/12/10/world/japanese-puzzle-the-vending-machine-murders.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's very Japanese.

I remember back in the early 90s I found a manual with the codes to input to change pricing on vending machines around my workplace. I was too scared to do anything with it, but it was interesting regardless.

Newer vending machines all copy japan's style with the little conveyor belt shit, but it's so easy to trick those into giving a free drink just by holding your hand against the dispenser slot, getting your change back, releasing the door, taking the drink. Obviously that's illegal though, but I don't think it stops the teenagers I see do it every time I look at one of the fucking machines.

I miss the ridiculous amount there are in Japan. Fuck suburbs in Canada, can't get a cold drink by walking for 1minute at most...

nytimes.com/1985/12/10/world/japanese-puzzle-the-vending-machine-murders.html

Do you have to insert your I.D. into the machine to buy beer? How do they prevent kids from using it?

It says you have to insert your driving licence.

You don't usually need to put any I.D. in the machine and the system is just based off trust.

it says, "insert your drivers license,to use."

>自動販売機

No one calls them that except for people witnessed the atomic blasts. It's just "Jihanki."

Also, they are convenient, fairly priced and profitable in pedestrian-heavy Japan. It'd never work in the US and would be considered an eyesore in downtown districts (and would be the target of endless vandalism-- this is why most public places got rid of them). I miss having beer, cigarette, and hot drink vending machines in the US because of this.

I bet they could be successful in the US in non-bible belt places if you made the machine absolutely bullet/bomb proof, enabled with multiple cameras, required proper ID, and agreed to a sort of contractual agreement that the beer won't go to a minor or minors and that you are not drunk when you make the purchase.

I dunno, I just wish something like this was near me. It'd be nice to grab a cold beer on a hot day without buying an 6-pack or having to stop in a bar.

Just have it insert a dirver's license.

Also
>Non bible belt

Just get to the point and say no nigger areas, since those still exist beyond the bible belt.

I didn't test the machines at Japan but at 7/11 or other konbini it's stupidly easy, you're asked on a monitor to confirm you're 20, you tap "yes" and walk off. The cashier doesn't even look up half the time.

I don't think Japanese have degenerate enough children that underage drinking is a problem they need to strictly enforce.

I think it's more that Japanese culture is so ridiculously high-strung that even kids feel the need for a beer or two.

Also underage drinking is nowhere near as big a problem as M.A.D.D. and Co. make it out to be, even in Murka.

Drinking age is also lower in Japan.

Most of the underage drinking in the US is from people that are legally adults but, due to states wanting federal funding for the roads, can do most everything but drink.

If you can vote, I understand not giving a fuck that legislation argues you're not mature enough to drink, because it's obviously a flimsy excuse to justify wanting more funding.

If the drinking age were lowered to the voting age, there wouldn't be nearly as much underage drinking. The number is artificially high because of the stupidly high age restriction.

Back in the summer of 2010, I was on summer break and my mother and my younger brother went to Guam by way of Tokyo.

We had a layover so we fucked around and ended up walking to the Narita temple. At some point in the trek, we stumbled upon a bank of vending machines.

My mother purchased a can of Asahi beer with no prompt for identification (watched her do it, and was jelly as fuck because I was only 20), then my brother and I ended up with some weird carbonated drink and a can of shitty, unsweetened, cold green tea (he the former, me the latter).

There are still cigarette machines here in the states, though. One of the more popular local bars has a S H I T T Y cigarette machine that charges $10 per pack, when the most a pack of cigarettes would cost you at a convenience store is $6.

You could've gotten a beer, user. Japan's drinking age is 18, and you're subject to their laws when in their country, not ours lol.

Japan`s drinking age is NOT 18, you stupid fucking cunt.

Why make a comment about something you obviously know nothing about?

Fucking faggot.

it's actually 20 in Japan, but most places there rarely card tourists anyway

You're right, it's 20.

So you still could have gotten a beer you dolt.

Its overstated as hell. Like sure you can get a beer and cigs but thats about it. Theirs no crazy vending machines in most places

was in japan last year, nowhere required this that i visited

NICE BLOG

really, did you feel the need to justify your blog by replying to EVERYBODY?

Aint canada cold enough for you?

Yes, I was drunk and I like hammering out random shit when drunk. I'd do it again.

Also, what's wrong with handing out (You)s?

I like how you were so bothered you replied to me.

Wouldn't make much sense in the US considering most areas ban public drinking. Would be a goldmine in Vegas.