Low and slow

Searched the catalog and didn't see a thread on Barbeque. And I mean actual smoked bbq. No propane shit.

I'm curious to know what Veeky Forums likes/dislikes, favorite dishes, recipes, techniques etc. Any and all things related are welcome and up for discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2015/07/high-tech-bbq/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is now a Barbeque thread.

it was always a barbecue thread

Nice rig in that pic OP,
I'm a fan of the Pro Q range, UDS basically,
I've got an offset and a charcoal spit , I've been getting into lamb Gyros on the spit, do a mean brisket on the UDS, the offset is without a doubt the hardest to master and most time consuming. I copied a coleslaw recipe from Franklins book and it was pretty good.
My BBQ ramblings

I like to add smoke to everything.

wired.com/2015/07/high-tech-bbq/

I want the Harvard smoker for myself. I'm not above paying someone to dupe it for me.

Looks delicious

Pretty interesting. It's probably overkill but I still want.

> No propane shit.
Yeah, whatever OP.

10/10
what kind of meat is that?

Looks like turkey legs

>regular bbq with fans and a pid loop
C'mon, you can do that yourself

That's what I'm saying. But by parity of logic, if I could do it, someone else could too. And I'd pay em for it.

That's not the hard part though. The hard part was all the programming.

Turkey legs is correct.

I do a fair amount of smoking.

I almost never take finished bbq pics though.

Sometimes dinner.

In Poland we use open grill mostly and wood charcoal. I like different type of sausages, every type of pic rel, trout, salmon, zucchini, onions, bell peppers, chicken brests marinated first in yoghurt or buttermilk and spices, like curry or sth else, and pork neck with pouring beer on it during grilling. Oh, and I love grilled bread slices and then rub it with fresh garlic and put tomatoes on top (sth like bruschetta).

Anyone here rigged up a hillbilly smoker?

Thinking about throwing together a trash can an a hot plate with a rack in it

it is now

I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a big hunk of metal I'm going to use maybe once a month, but I'd still love to be able to make good pulled pork because I can't find any in my area.

How do I barbecue meat with a hole in the ground like folks did before smokers became common? I've got a bunch of fruit wood from a peach tree that fell down, will that work for fuel?

it's perfect for fuel, you can't only use the wood like pine or spruce

I am also interested in redneck/niggnagg cooking methods and tips

>embedded PID controller and fan interface is hard
lol

pozdrowienia kochany polaku!

I've been wanting to try pit barbecuing too, it can't be that complicated can it?

Just don't use any softwoods like pine and you'll be fine.

Easter soon, fellow Orthodoxbros.

Oh baby

I bought an old oil drum to turn into a UDS once. Some dickweed neighbor called the fire department when I started burning shit in it to clean out the inside, they made us put it out and after that I pussied out because of "muh carcinogens" or something like that.

Now it's all rusted and shit in my driveway.

>No propane shit

You're an idiot, that's not what I said. The hard part was coming up with accurate algorithms. It takes awhile to account for all the variables so you can have a consistent result every time.